Questions were asked about you, high up in the food chain.
问我 为什么 我为这个国家效了力
Questions about me? Why? I have served this country.
人们不喜欢
People don't like it
警队被一个外国人比得
when the force are made to look like half-wits
像笨蛋
by a foreigner.
这不合民♥意♥ 所以有人去问了
It's out of step with the public mood so questions were asked.
贾普发誓你是真的
Japp swore that you were genuine.
他就是如此 忠犬一样的人
That was him, loyal as a dog.
但他们调查了你 并无你的记录
But you were looked into and there's no record of you.
你该庆幸你从未经历过侵略
You are lucky you never lived through an invasion.
很多东西都被烧了 建筑 人
Things are burnt. Buildings. People.
记录都成了灰
Records turned to ash.
根本没人听过你的名字
No-one had ever heard your name.
1914年前
No Hercule Poirot registered
比利时没有叫赫尔克里·波洛的警♥察♥
anywhere in the Belgian police before 1914.
贾普为你压上了他的名誉 事业
Japp staked his reputation, his whole career on you
他因此完蛋了
and that was him over.
他的葬礼本该声势浩大 有仪仗队
His funeral should have been packed, a guard of honour,
但结果只有几个老朋友和你跟我去送别他
but all he got was a handful of old timers and you and me.
他才不是死于心脏病 我觉得他是心碎而死
He didn't die of a heart attack. I reckon he just broke.
那是因为你和你的谎言
And that's down to you and your lying.
他没跟我说过这些
He told me none of this.
克罗姆警督
Inspector Crome,
我向死者许下了承诺
I gave my word to the dead.
我不能抛弃她们 绝不能
I cannot abandon them. I must not.
你的言语毫无价值
Your word is worthless.
你根本不是你自称的那个人
You're not who you say you are.
你到底是什么人
Who the hell are you?