London, PO Box in Fulham, did it meself.
伊芳 你知道我的态度
Yvonne! You know how I feel!
那可是笔大订单 希德尼
It was a bulk buy, Sydney.
下单人的姓名是什么
The name of the person ordering?
没有姓名 只收到了信封里装着的订单要求和现金
No name, just the request and cash in an envelope.
不过我们收到了伦敦一个蠢货的来信
We did get a letter from a fruitcake in London, though.
卖♥♥女式丝♥袜♥的
Well, you get habituated
经常会收到各种荒唐的信件
to funny letters when you're in ladies' hose.
里面有些内容 能让你头发都立起来
Some of the things they write, they make your hair stand on end!
那封信还在吗 女士
Do you still have that letter, Madame?
那个被ABC用丝♥袜♥勒死在
That young lady that was strangled with a stocking,
沙滩小屋的年轻姑娘
by ABC in that beach hut...
她的丝♥袜♥ 是不是...
..Her stocking, wasn't it...
不会是足尖轻舞吧
wasn't a Twinkle Toes, was it?
就是的
It was.
可怜的娃
Oh. Poor kid.
这封
This is it.
敬启者 我完全遵照了您的指示
"Dear sirs, I followed your instructions to the letter,
如今已经驻扎下来
"and am now in residence
准备开启我自己的足尖轻舞生意了
"and ready to begin my venture with Twinkle Toes.
那件大衣是我穿过的质量最好的一件
"The coat is the best quality that I have ever owned
我会好好珍惜它的
"and I will take very good care of it,
只会在为您做生意时穿它
"and only wear it when engaged upon your business."
大衣 大衣 他在说什么呢
Coat? Coat? What's he talking about?
我保证会成为一名非常忠诚
"I promise that I will be a most loyal
且全心投入的产品代理人
"and dedicated representative of your product.
您忠诚的 亚历山大·B·卡斯特...
"Yours faithfully, Alexander B Cust..."
我看看行吗
May I?
我完全遵照了您的指示
"I followed your instructions to the letter."
我得打个电♥话♥
I need to make a telephone call.
我怎么说的来着
What did I tell you, eh?
总是不声不响的那个 从来都是
Always the quiet ones, always.
你瞧 我说对了
There, you see, I was right.
这就是为什么你该听我的 我有见识
That's why you should listen to me. I know things.
就是他
We've got him.
您进屋来吧 小姐
Why don't you come in the house, miss?
在结束前乖乖地和你母亲待在一起
Sit quietly with your mother till this is done.
-莉莉 -别回去
- Lily? - Don't go back to the house.
-什么 -警♥察♥来抓你了
- What? - Police are here for you.
别回去
Don't go back.
去其他地方吧 卡斯特先生
Go somewhere else, Mr Cust.
快走
Go quick.
亚历山大·波拿巴·卡斯特...
Alexander Bonaparte Cust...
-ABC -快跑
- ABC. - Run!
快跑
Run!
快快快
Go! Go! Go!
我要他活着
I want him alive!
不许让他死了 我要他活着
Don't you dare let him die, I want him alive!
你提取打字机上的指纹了吗
You dusted the typewriter for fingerprints?
除了几个 其他全是他的
All his, except for a few.
他就是在这里谋划了一切
He planned it all in here.
真是个破地方
It's a real shithole.
还挺合适的
Appropriate, really.
-他会活下来吗 -反正够长
- Will he live? - Long enough.
据说他得了脑瘤
Some sort of brain growth, apparently.
毫无疑问 他是个怪人
He's a strange one, no mistake.
他们在医院把他衣服脱掉后
When they stripped him off at the hospital,
发现他背上有很多洞
they found all these holes in his back,
就好像他把钉子钉进了自己的身体里
like he'd been hammering nails into himself.
可能是宗教狂徒
Religious fanatic, maybe.
无所谓了 他会受审的
Makes no odds. He'll face trial.
肿瘤不会杀死他 但法律会
Tumour won't kill him, the law will do that.
我想见他
I wish to see him.
另外 请打给你在安多弗的同僚
And please telephone your colleagues in Andover
确保彼得·阿舍被释放
and ensure that Peter Ascher is released from prison.
他是清白的
He is innocent.
我都忘了他了
Forgot about him.
他曾说过 我是个好人
He said I was a...good man.
贾普告诉你 我是个...
Japp told you I was a...
好人
..Good man.
是的
He did.
他会为此感到满意的
Well, he'd be pleased with this.
这个结果
The result.
他会满意的
He'd be pleased.
你对于丝♥袜♥的直觉很准
That was a good hunch on the stockings.
你的推论是对的
You were right about them.
我听见你们说话了
I was listening.
你会去见他吗
Are you going to see him?
会的
I am.
你能否告诉他 他的西洋双陆棋盒子在我这
Will you tell him I've got his backgammon case?
我偷偷拿走了
I sneaked it away.
藏起来了
Got it hidden.
他可能会想要
He might want it.
他病得很重 小姐
He's very sick, Mademoiselle.
我就觉得他状况不好
I thought he was poorly.
告诉我 小姐
Tell me, Mademoiselle...
莉莉 叫我莉莉就好
Lily, just Lily.
卡斯特先生没接待过访客 但他收到过信吗
Mr Cust received no visitors, but did he receive letters?
在他到这之前就有包裹寄来
He got parcels that came before he arrived,
他到这后又有一封信和包裹寄来
and then a letter and parcels came later.
是在唐卡斯特凶杀案发生后寄来的吗
And they would have arrived after the Doncaster murder?
嗯 是的
Yeah. They did.
你去通风报信 因为你觉得不会是他干的
You warned him because you thought he could not have done it.
为什么
Why?
告诉我卡斯特先生如何能做到
Tell me how Mr Cust could have killed that man
四点时在唐卡斯特杀人 七点就回到家
in Doncaster during the four o'clock race, and be home by seven.
我知道他七点已回到家是因为
I know he was home by seven because...
你那时踩在他背上 还踩断了鞋跟
You were walking on his back, and you'd broken a sharp heel.
那样的疼痛可以让他忘记
The pain of that would have been a distraction
他颅中的剧痛
from the agony in his skull.
地板需要拖了
Those floors want mopping.
你在浪费我的时间 姑娘
You're on borrowed time with me, girl.
我真想用缝衣针扎你
I wish I'd used a knitting needle on you.
滚出我的视线
Get out of my sight!
你在虐待自己的女儿 夫人
You abuse your daughter, Madame?
你准备待多久
How long are you going to be?
我想待多久就待多久
As long as I want.
他对我们的宝贝贝蒂犯下如此大罪
Hanging's too good for him,
绞死太便宜他了
what he did to our darling Betty.
我哪怕亲手把绳索套在他的脖子上
I'd put the rope around his neck myself,
全国也不会有人为此怪罪我
and there's not a man in England who'd judge me for it.
索拉·克拉克夫人
Lady...Thora...Clarke.
你认识我吗
Do you know me?
我听说过你
I know of you.
可你给我写了好几封亲密的信件
But you wrote me this intimate letter, and many others.
我前两天跟踪了你
"I followed you the other day.
你看上去苍老而疲倦
"You looked old and tired.
非常可怜
"You looked sad.
我还挺担心你的
"I was rather concerned for you."
我不记得写过这个
I don't remember writing this.
肯定是我写的
I must have done.
这是我的口头禅
I say that.
"祝好"
"Chin-chin."
那些地方我都去过
And I went to all of those places.
这些地方都在足尖轻舞给我的清单上
They were all on the list that Twinkle Toes gave me.
清单
The list?
说是新手推销员按字母表顺序去各地推销更为容易
They said it was easier for new salesmen to work alphabetically.
他们给我寄了张地名清单
They sent a list.
很有用
It was so helpful.
不过我不是很擅长售卖♥♥丝♥袜♥
I wasn't very good at selling stockings, though.
卡斯特先生