星际迷航
短途
最亮的星
从孩提时起
Since I was a boy,
每当我抬头 就看到希望
whenever I looked up, I saw hope.
但我受到的教育却不是这样
But this is not how I was raised.
当我的族人抬头看向群星
When my people look up at the stars...
他们只看到死亡
...they see only death.
而他们甘之若饴
And they welcome it.
他们毫不质疑
They do not question it.
妹妹
Sister.
因为当他们被召唤
Because when they are called,
当收割的时刻到来
when it is time for the harvest,
他们心甘情愿地向之而去
they march willingly toward it.
听说当他们带走你时
They say that when they take you,
瓦哈莱的疼痛就会停止
the pain of Vahar'ai stops.
祭司教导我们
The priests teach us that
这是为了维护卡米纳伟大的平衡
this preserves the Great Balance of Kaminar.
这就是凯尔比人的人生
This is the life of a Kelpien.
急躁不会让他回来得更早
Impatience will not bring him back any faster.
父亲 那是什么
Father, what is that?
这是从堡乌人的船上掉下来的
It fell off the Ba'ul ship,
有时会有零件掉下来
as pieces sometimes do.
我们感谢伟大的平衡
We thank the Great Balance
-补充赠予光明 -补充赠予光明
- for replenishing the gift of light... - replenishing the gift...
和温暖
and warmth,
-以及食物 -以及食物
- and for this food. - ...and for this food.
今晚你去把堡乌人的碎片处理掉
You will dispose of the Ba'ul fragment tonight.
好的 父亲
Oh, of course, Father.
完成工作后我就去
As soon as my work is done.
禁止私藏
To keep it is forbidden.
父亲
Father...
天空之外有什么
what is out there, beyond the skies?
警惕的眼睛统治天空
The Watchful Eye rules the skies.
你知道的
You know this.
但是如果我们有办法到达天空呢
But what if we had the means to reach the skies?
如果除了堡乌人
What if there are others,
还有其他人呢
besides the Ba'ul?
如果伟大的平衡想让我们飞翔
If the Great Balance had meant for us to fly,
就会赋予我们翅膀
we would have been given wings.
可是警惕的眼睛有翅膀吗
But does the Watchful Eye have wings?
我们向堡乌人献祭族人
We sacrifice our own kind to the Ba'ul
却不质疑我们是否能像他们一样
instead of asking if we could be like them.
平衡不容扰乱
The Balance must not be upset.
献出生命的族人
Those who offer their lives do so
是为了稳定堡乌人
so that the Ba'ul can be sustained!
是为了让我们能安宁舒适地生活
So that the rest of us may live in peace and comfort.
我们每个人的时刻都会到来
The time will come for each of us.
平衡就是这样
That is the Balance.
一直都是这样
That is how it has always been.
不许你再质疑
And you will question it no more.
是 父亲
Yes, Father.
萨鲁 在这个世界上 我们都有自己的归宿
All of us have our place in this world, Saru.
总有一天你会明白
One day you will understand...
像我一样
as I do.
我不明白
I did not understand.
为什么禁止私藏他们的技术
Why was it forbidden to keep their technology?
为什么"平衡"意味着我们不能提出问题
Why did "Balance" mean that we could not ask questions?
我需要答案
I needed answers.
所以我发出了信息
So I sent out a message,
希望有人能收到
hoping there was someone out there to hear it.
你好
Hello?
我等着
I waited,
不知是否会永远等下去
not knowing if I would wait forever.
不知是否会有答案传来
Not knowing if any answer would come
我是否还来得及
too late for me.
你好
父亲
Father...
如果下次收割我到了瓦哈莱呢
what if I were to reach Vahar'ai for the next harvest?
那你的时刻就到了
Then it will be your time.
警惕的眼睛选择了你来维持平衡
And you shall be honored that the Watchful Eye chose you
你会得到尊敬
to maintain the Balance.
他们怎么会满足于这样的人生
How could this life be enough for them?
就这样等着被带走
To simply wait to be taken?
今天
父亲不会赞成我们
Father would not approve of us
离开大家这么远
wandering so far from the pack.
我的感觉和他一样
My senses would agree with him.
我有种想要跑回安全地带的不安冲动
I have the unsettling urge to run back to safety.
是啊 安全
Yes. Safety.
趁着夜色还早 你该回去了
You should head back while the night is still young.
你不来吗
You are not coming?
不 我
No, I...
我想看一会星星
I want to watch the stars for a while.
拿去摘夜间开的花
For night-blooming flowers.
偶尔低头看看
Look down every now and then.
低头也有美景
There's beauty there as well.
注意安全 塞瑞娜
Stay safe, Siranna.
你也是 哥哥
You, too, brother.
神舟号♥穿梭机03
萨鲁先生 很荣幸终于见到你
It's a pleasure to finally put a face to the name, Mr. Saru.
见到一个全新的种族
An entirely new face, at that.
我不确定你会来
I was not certain you would come.
你用不属于你们种族的
You contacted us with technology
技术联♥系♥了我们
that doesn't belong to your species.
从堡乌人那里偷来的 对吗
It was stolen from the Ba'ul, wasn't it?
对
Yes.
而你把它改造成了信标
And you turned it into a beacon.
第一个 也是唯一一个有才智
The first and only Kelpien with the ingenuity
操作如此先进的技术的凯尔比人
to manipulate technology that advanced.
你很特别
You are extraordinary.
谢谢你 乔久上尉
Thank you, Lieutenant Georgiou.
先别谢我
Don't thank me just yet.
如果你跟我走
If you come with me,
你所知道的一切都将改变
everything you know will change.
以后我能回来帮助我的族人吗
Will I be able to return one day to help my people?
我说服星际舰队为你破例
It was difficult enough for me to convince Starfleet
已经很困难了
to make an exception for you.
你引起了不小的轰动
You caused quite a stir.
我们不是每天都能收到来自
It's not every day we get a hello
未达到曲速的社会成员的"你好"
from a member of a pre-warp society.
有很多复杂的规定
There are many complicated rules
阻止我做得更多
that prevent me from doing more.
恐怕这意味着
I'm afraid that means
你将再也不能回到家乡
you will never be able to come back home.
你做好这样的准备了吗 萨鲁先生
Are you prepared for that, Mr. Saru?
这里不再是我的归宿
My place is no longer here.
我在群星间看到希望
I saw hope in the stars.
希望比恐惧更为强烈
It was stronger than fear,
我向之而去
and I went toward it.