I don't "Know him" know him, Charles.
没有他们暗示的那种关系
What they were suggesting, implying.
我从没跟他见过面 艾德里安倒是有
I've never spent any actual time with him. Adrian did.
艾德里安 当然了 总是艾德里安
Oh, Adrian! Of course! It's Adrian, always!
你跟随着浓烟和尖叫声
You follow the smoke and you follow the sound of screams
就能找到他 而你们在忙着你们的...
and there he is, and there you are, in your little... little...
-什么 -家庭活动
- What? What? - ..Family thing.
我最开始都不想参加节目
And I didn't even want to go on the bloody show!
我就是被动地卷进来了
I just got... sucked into it.
你怎么不告诉我 你在和他谈话
Why didn't you tell me you were... having conversations with him?
我还以为你是在闲聊 我以为...
I thought you were chatting with him. I thought it was just...
就是一通电♥话♥而已
It was just a phone call.
他们不知道我们谈的什么
They don't know what we were talking about.
谈什么都有可能
It could have been anything.
好吧 我们假设我是控方律师
All right, let's try this, OK? I'm the prosecuting lawyer, right?
我问你 "英格拉姆太太 这个人
And I'm asking you, "Mrs Ingram, this man,
你丈夫几乎不知道
"who your husband had barely any idea
你和他有联♥系♥的人
"of the extent of the contact you had with him,
你们那天晚上说什么了"
"what did you speak about that night?"
我只说了我们都在观众组织里
I'd just say that we were both in groups of fans,
而且他第二天就要上节目 我为什么不能打给他
and he was on the show the next day, so why wouldn't I call him?
因为事关别人的看法 黛安娜
Because it's about perception, Diana.
-关键就是别人怎么看 -那看起来是什么样
- It's about how it looks. - And how does it look?
你什么意思 为什么要那么说
What are you saying, and why are you saying it like that?
因为我生气了 我很生气
Because I'm angry! I'm angry!
不是我说的 是警♥察♥说的
And I'm not saying it, it's the bloody policeman who's saying it.
就在...
Saying it right...
就当着我的面说的
Saying it right in front of me.
还有其他的...
And in front of the other...
其他的警♥察♥ 说我...
..In front of the other policeman. My...
我妻子...
That my wife...
你... 你知道那是什么滋味吗
I mean, have you... Do you have any idea how that feels?
听到他们在暗示的事
What they were implying and suggesting?
你是问我 我有没有...
Are you asking me if I..?
对 你不是喜欢回答问题吗
Yeah, why not? I mean, you love questions.
有些事...
Well, there are some things...
有些问题 你就该知道答案
There are some questions you should just know the answer to.
-英格拉姆少校 英格拉姆太太 -你怎么猜到的
- Major Ingram, Mrs Ingram. - Oh... How did you guess?
我不需要猜 报纸上都是你们的照片
Oh, I don't need to guess, your faces are in all the papers.
请进 请进
Come in. Come in.
喝茶 咖啡或者伏特加吗
Now, do you want a tea, coffee? Vodka?
我开玩笑的
I was kidding.
除非你们真的想喝 那我也不会评判你们的
Unless of course you do, in which case, I wouldn't judge.
雷丁的菲利普·琼斯给我们推荐了你
Um, you were recommended to us by Philip Jones in Reading.
但我们没想到 你这样著名的律师
But we... we never thought that a high-profile barrister
竟然会愿意参与我们的案子
would touch our case with a barge pole,
因为... 毕竟
because... Well, given that...
毕竟你们的审判已经在报纸上开始了
Oh, given that your trial's already begun in the papers.
-对 -还有媒体
- Yeah. - And the press.
对 如果我代理你们
Yes, well, if I represent you,
这种事我们得一步一步斗争
we're gonna have to fight this sort of thing every step of the way.
-这是新现状 -什么现状
- It's new state of play. - What's the new state of play?
把司法娱乐化
Justice as entertainment.
警方如何与媒体沟通
How the police communicate with the press.
媒体如何与警方沟通
How the press communicate with the police.
你们受到指控几分钟后记者就来了
I don't suppose you think it was a coincidence
你们不会觉得那是巧合吧
that reporters were there only minutes after you were charged?
就发生在... 不知道我说得对不对
Following your, er, did I get this right?
你们家被"黎明突袭"后
The "Dawn raid" on your property?
这种逮捕
It's a form of arrest
通常是对付谋杀犯或恋童癖犯人的
that's normally associated with murderers and paedophiles.
你们完全无法控制的力量
The narrative of your guilt is already being written
已经写下了对你们罪行的叙述
by forces far beyond your control.
如果你们愿意 我很乐意代理你们
Now, I would be happy to represent you if you want,
因为 抱歉我冒昧推断
because, and forgive the presumption,
我已经开始
I have already started
仔细研究你们的案子
looking into your case in some detail and...
英格拉姆少校 英格拉姆太太
..Major Ingram, Mrs Ingram...
我认为这里面事有蹊跷
I think something here really stinks.
《赢取百万大奖的秘诀》
Secrets To Help You Win At Millionaire,
黛安娜·英格拉姆著
by Diana Ingram.
我们遗漏的问题 只不过拉出一根线
The things we missed. We pull on this one tiny thread
结果引发整场闹剧
and what unravels is a whole bloody world of...
-天啊 我们真蠢 -不是蠢 轻信人而已
- God, we were stupid. - Not stupid, trusting. That's all.
利迪门特说他再也不想
Liddiment says he never wants
看见这种"傻♥逼♥中产混球"
to see another "Effing middle-class wanker"
来上节目了
on the show ever again.
他们在干什么
What are they doing?
家长和孩子
Parents verses kids
在身体和心理敏捷游戏中较量
at physical and mental agility games.
这是我听过的最糟的主意
That's the worst idea I've ever heard.
是新节目点子
It's new ideas.
《百万富翁》总不能永远播下去
Well, Millionaire won't last forever.
我们上了全球各大报纸的头版
Well, we're on the front page of every newspaper in the world.
说不定真会
It might.
一位陆军少校 他的妻子 以及高校教师
An Army Major, his wife, and a college lecturer
已出庭受审...
have gone on trial...
制♥作♥单位员工产生了怀疑 他们发现
The production staff became suspicious after they noticed
他的答案似乎随着另一名选手的咳嗽声而改变
his answers appeared to follow coughs from another contestant.
萨瑟克刑事法庭
你好 我想我们被指控合谋
Oh, hello. I believe we're charged with co-conspiracy.
很高兴终于见到你们两位
It's nice to meet you both... at last.
-还吃零食 -有何不可
- Snacks? Really? - Yeah, why not?
我最爱ITV的法庭戏了
God, I love a good ITV courtroom drama.
保罗在哪儿
Where's Paul?
有19声咳嗽与少校改变主意
So, 19 coughs that coincide with the Major changing his mind
或决定作答相关
or deciding to answer.
都被你的麦克风录下 从哪里传出...
All picked up by your mics, and coming from... where?
从飞毛指席位传来
Er, they were coming from the Fastest Finger seats.
也就是惠托克先生所坐的位置
Where Mr Whittock was sat.
他前一天晚上刚跟黛安娜·英格拉姆通过电♥话♥
The man whom Diana Ingram spoke to the previous evening.
现在 特别留意第14声咳嗽
Paying particular attention now to cough number 14, then.
"2000年的热门英国专辑《天生好手》是谁发行的"
"Who had a hit UK album with Born To Do It, released in 2000?"
"酷玩乐队 捷思者合唱团 A1组合 克雷格·大卫"
"Coldplay. Toploader. A1. Craig David".
以防你们不知道 反正我不知道
In case you don't know, I certainly didn't,
答案是克雷格·大卫
the answer's Craig David.
英格拉姆当时说
Ingram:
我觉得是A1组合
"I think it's A1..."
不过也有可能是捷思者合唱团[重机♥枪♥装弹机]But it could be Toploader.
他们的名字也跟步♥枪♥枪管有关
Which is also something to do with a barrel on a rifle.
"我从没听说过克雷格·大卫"
"I've never heard of Craig David."
说明一下这段录像证明了什么
And take us through what we can see here.
她似乎在
Yeah, she appears to be
看向飞毛指席位
looking over to the Fastest Finger First seat
惠托克先生坐的地方
where Mr Whittock is.
黛安娜·英格拉姆 在这儿
Diana Ingram, here.
看向坐在这儿的特克温·惠托克
Looking over at Tecwen Whittock, here.
这会儿有咳嗽声吗
Any coughing at this point?
没有 问题就在儿这 惠托克先生
No, that's, that's part of the problem, see, Mr Whittock,
或真正一直发出咳嗽的人 在此刻没咳嗽
or whoever has been coughing, isn't coughing at this point.
也许 流行文化
Perhaps, given pop culture
并不是这类人擅长的领域
tends not to be a strongest of category for,
也许他不知道答案
these kinds of people, er, maybe he doesn't know the answer.
同时 英格拉姆马上要选错误答案了
Meanwhile, Ingram is all set to plump for the wrong answer.
我觉得是A1组合
I think I'm gonna go with A1.
暂停
And pause.
英格拉姆太太这时已经看向那个方向
Mrs Ingram looks up in that direction
好几次了
several times at this point.
那上面有什么
What's up there?
我们有些显示屏正对着观众
So we have these monitors facing the audience,
这样他们就能看到摄影机在录的画面
so they can watch what the cameras are recording.
这意味着 这些屏幕偶尔会显示