剧集 | 追凶 | 导航列表
我们应该改变方法
our response needs to change.
我们需要更加灵活 敏捷
We need to be more, er, nimble, fleet-footed.
说起来容易 做起来难
Sounds easier said than done.
如果是选择深度和呼吸
Well, if it's a choice between depth and breadth,
那肯定得选择呼吸
then it has to be breadth.
什么意思
Meaning?
新的案件不要被当作彻查的犯罪
New offences aren't treated as crimes to be fully investigated,
而只是情报选择
but as intelligence opportunities.
我们要确保关系我们的受害者
We make sure that we're caring for the victims,
但我们要把注意力集中在能帮助我们
but we focus our attention on aspects of the case
找到米恩斯泰德犯身份的方向
that could help us ID Minstead Man.
没必要以调查凶杀案所需要的
No need to generate all the actions
所有步骤一一执行
the murder squad approach requires?
减少这类工作量能让他们有更多时间
Reducing that workload will free them up
来评估米恩斯泰德所有潜在案件
to assess all potential Minstead cases,
也能给DNA取样提速
and it'll accelerate the DNA swabbing.
我称之为"米恩斯泰德简易版"
Call it Minstead Lite.
我喜欢这个说法
I like the sound of that.
不管怎样 我会这样推进下去
One way or the other, I'll see it's implemented.
但我们还是要等他犯错
But we're still reliant on him making a mistake,
目前来看他还没有会犯错的迹象
which so far he's shown no sign of doing.
尽管犯罪行为愈发升级
Despite the depravity of his acts,
作案计划却依然小心翼翼
his planning is meticulous.
你并不完全认同 这是破案最佳方法
You're not convinced this is the best way forward?
但比我们现在的做法好一些
Well, I think it's better than what we have.
你的真实想法是什么
What do you really think?
如果你一开始就参与 你会怎么做
If you were starting from scratch, what would you do?
其实很令人沮丧 真的
Ah, well, it's frustrating, really.
我还没能想出一个妥当的计划 10天时间不够
I haven't been able to devise a proper plan, not in ten days.
想快速补救这么复杂的情况太难了
It's just too complex for quick fixes.
就好像 你记得那则老笑话吗
It's like, erm, do you remember that old joke
说的是一个游客问一个农夫
about a tourist going up to a farmer and saying,
"去丁格尔半岛的最佳路径是什么"
"what's the best way to Dingle?"
然后他得到的回答是 "反正..."
and he gets the reply, "Ah, well, now,
"如果我是你 至少不会从这开始"
"if I was you, I wouldn't be starting from here."
这大概就是我们现状的写照
That's pretty much where I think we are with it.
那你会从哪开始
Where would you start from?
我参加第一次会议时 写下了这些
I wrote this down at the very first meeting that I attended.
大家都聚焦在DNA上
It's all about the DNA.
DNA的事把他们所有的
The DNA has slanted every avenue
调查途径都带偏了
of enquiry that they have followed.
你我都心知肚明 这样一个大规模的DNA采样
You and I both know that a mass swabbing programme
很难开展
is very hard to pull off.
应该作为最后的战略选择
It's a tactic of last resort.
但他们对DNA投入了太多精力
But they've got so much invested in the DNA,
改变成了难以想象的途径
that change has become unthinkable.
作为局外人去观察 我认为肯定还有其他办法
As an outsider looking in, I think there must be another way.
只是我暂时还不知是什么
I just don't know what it is yet.
你能留下为这个案子多献计吗 科林
Will you hang around and give this some more thought, Colin?
如果要改变破案方向 不能从我这里下令
If there is a change of direction, it can't come from me.
西蒙在米恩斯泰德已经付出了很多
Simon's got so much invested in Minstead.
我不能贸然进去 告诉他一切都要改变
I can't walk in there and tell him it's all got to change.
这样确实会很尴尬 我同意
It's awkward, I agree.
不是尴尬 是无法维持
No, it's not awkward, it's untenable.
只要你现在表示愿意留下 并拿出一个
I'll make sure we look after Simon if you tell me now
可以执行的替代方案 我保证不会让西蒙难办
that you'll stick around and devise a workable alternative plan?
我说的"留下"
And by "stick around,"
是哪怕会推迟你的退休时间
I mean past your retirement date if necessary.
好 我当然没问题
Yes, course I will.
来了啊
All right.
来了
All right.
有你喜欢的吗 迪娅曼达
See anything you like, Diamanda?
有
Yeah.
那个打火机
The lighter.
我能看看吗
Can I take a look?
怎么了
What?
我觉得你不中用了
I think you're losing your touch.
总是两手空空过来
Always coming in here empty-handed.
这些日子你就和那些只逛不买♥♥的顾客一样
You're just like a fucking window shopper these days.
随你怎么说
Suit yourself.
行吧 好 好
All right, all right, all right.
-早上好 长官 -你好
- Morning, sir. - All right?
老大
Guv,
他又去科尔布里奇路作案了
he hit Colbridge Road again last night.
什么 快走
What? Come on.
科林
Colin.
西蒙
Simon.
大部分米恩斯泰德案件特征都对得上
Most of the Minstead hallmarks present and correct.
他偷了现金和珠宝
He stole cash and jewellery,
但这次没有试图接触受害者们
but he made no attempt to engage with the victims.
受害者们
Victims?
对 另一对老年夫妇 吓坏了但没受伤
Yeah, another elderly couple. Shaken but unhurt.
如果他开始习惯于对夫妇下手
Well, if targeting couples is becoming a thing,
我们就需要改变筛选标准
we'll need to alter the screening criteria.
科林
Colin?
每次我们都希望
Every time we're just hoping that
他能到此为止
this is the one where he slips up.
但他没有 所以我们就等下次
But he doesn't, so we wait for the next one,
再下一次 再再下次
and the next and the next one.
我们必须想到他前面 西蒙
We've got to get ahead of him, Simon.
这个我没意见
I don't disagree.
但首先我们要做出的改变就是
But the first thing that needs to change is
所谓"我们不是入室盗窃组"这个执念
this "we're not a bloody burglary squad" mantra.
我从没听任何成员这么说过 科林
I've never heard anyone say that, Colin.
我听过 而且你知道吗
Well, I have. And do you know what?
他就是个盗窃犯
He IS a bloody burglar.
他很聪明 很奇怪 但依然是盗窃犯
He's a bright one, and a weird one, but he's still a burglar.
没有警戒线 不用挨家挨户走访
No cordon, no house-to-house.
我昨晚读过你报告了 科林
I read your report last night, Colin.
写的很好
It's good work.
米恩斯泰德简易版今天开始启动
Minstead Lite takes effect from today.
谢谢你
Thank you.
那个...
Look, erm...
...我还没跟别人提
..I haven't told the others this yet,
但从下周开始我要因为背伤
but as of next week I have to go on restricted duties
进入受限执勤状态
because of my back,
所以需要一位高级警探来现场指挥
so I'm gonna need an SIO who's really gonna be boots on the ground.
你想让我临时指挥
You want me to do it?
我请示过哈米什了
I've cleared it with Hamish.
-当然 我还会做总体把控 -好
- Course, I'll still be in overall command. - Yeah.
-不过只能电♥话♥遥控 -好 那是当然
- And on the end of a phone. - Yeah, of course.
下一步 新出的米恩斯泰德案件都会被评估
Going forward, fresh Minstead crimes will be viewed
作为情报线索收集用途
as intelligence-gathering opportunities,
但不用彻底调查
but not processed to the letter.
我们会寻求任何能确认他身份的线索
We'll exploit any lead that might identify him,
但可以省略各种报告 行动
but otherwise dispense with statements, actions,
会议和官僚的繁文缛节
attend and bureaucracy.
-真好 老大 -对 会节省我们很多时间
- Nice one, boss. - Yeah, that'll really free us up.
不 这是科林的主意 多亏了这个新鲜视角
No, it's Colin's idea. Benefit of a fresh pair of eyes.
我们希望这样能有所收♥货♥
Well, let's hope something comes of it.
改变来的正是时候
It's timely,
因为在科尔布里奇路系列案件后
cos we need to widen the screening
我们要扩大筛查范围
after the Colbridge Road offences.
内森你来说
Nathan.
好 米恩斯泰德犯已经多次袭击了
Yeah, er, Minstead Man has now hit two residences
有不止一位居民的房♥屋
with multiple occupants,
而且两起案件都没有与受害人接触
and in neither case has he engaged with his victims.
我们连现有案件都快忙不过来
We're barely on top of our existing cases,
还要增加更多吗
and we're adding more?
快忙不过来 我们其实几乎无暇顾及
Barely? We're not even touching the sides.