一个朋友介绍的
A friend put us in touch.
你在法国一定目睹过一些很可怕的事 休
You must have seen some terrible things in France, Hugh.
我知道我见过
I know I did.
我更喜欢关注水仙花
I prefer to focus on the daffodils.
我个人认为
Personally...
乌苏拉在把女仆推下楼梯后
..I've thought Ursula should see a psychiatrist
就该去看心理医生了
ever since she pushed the maid down the stairs.
你觉得我们应该要提这件事吗
Do you... Do you think that we should mention that occurred?
这件事很奇怪
It is odd.
让人激动 但很奇怪
Thrilling, but odd.
当代剩女历险记
戴尔芬·福克斯供稿
解放的裙摆
《解放的裙摆》
Emancipated hem lines?
-这是什么意思 -她就是个白♥痴♥
- What does it mean? - She's a fool.
她要是能在车站接上孩子 那就是奇迹了
It will be a miracle if she meets that child's train.
她肯定会忘掉 她肯定会到处闲逛
She'll forget about it. She'll be off gallivanting.
你知道他们为什么送她去伦敦吗
Do you know why they're really sending her to London?
他们想让医生检查她的脑子吗
They want a doctor to look in her head?
-他们意识到她精神不正常了 -你在说什么
- They've realised she's touched. - What are you talking about?
我无意中听到了他们聊天
I overheard a discussion.
她精神很正常 就是有点多虑了
She's not touched. She's a bit of a worrier.
那又怎样 有些人天生就这样
And so what? Some people are born that way.
这是伟大智慧的象征
And it bespeaks great intelligence.
我觉得乌苏拉不一般
I have a belief about Ursula.
你要记得她生来就不属于这个世界
You remember she was born not meant for this Earth.
她的脐带像蛇一样缠着她的脖子
The cord wrapped around her neck like a serpent.
我相信乌苏拉至少有一部分属于灵界
My belief is that Ursula is at least partly of the spirit world.
那你要怎么解释她为了拯救我免于得流感
How do you account for her pushing me down the stairs
把我从楼梯上推下去
to save me from the influenza?
那只是个新颖的恶作剧借口
That was an inventive excuse for mischief,
你现在说的全都是胡话
and I will account for your nonsense right now.
爱尔兰人的废话
Irish fiddle-faddle.
她有第六感
She has the sixth sense
世界上没有医生能用魔法把它消除
and there's no doctor in the world that can magic away that.
乌苏拉
Ursula!
他似乎对我的车技没什么信心
He seems to have very little confidence in my abilities,
尽管我战争期间还开过救护车
even though I managed to drive an ambulance throughout the war,
从没发生过事故 还是在别的国家
sans mishap, in a foreign country, no less.
等等
Hang on.
-你紧张吗 -我很好
- Nervous? - I'm fine.
话说
So...
我听说你想杀了你的女仆
..I hear you tried to kill your maid.
喝茶吗
Tea?
我不是俄♥国♥人
I'm not Russian.
我离那远着呢 我来自梅德斯通
Far from it. I'm from Maidstone.
我在大革命前去过圣彼得堡
I visited St Petersburg before the Revolution.
我跟你母亲通电♥话♥时
When I spoke to your mother on the telephone,
她告诉我你经常梦到死亡
she told me that you often dream you're dying.
她告诉我你告诉过她
She told me that you once confided in her
你曾经来过这里
that you had been here before.
是这样吗
Is that right?
你觉得你曾经来过这里吗
Do you think you have been here before?
有时候我会有这种感觉
Sometimes I think that.
喝茶吗
Tea?
你看 我记得你曾经跟我说过"喝茶吗"
You see, I remember you saying "Tea?" To me before.
就像现在这样
Just like that.
是啊 我上周也说过
Yes, I said it last week.
确实
Of course.
下雪吗
Snow?
对
Yes.
有意思
Interesting.
一切都很熟悉 不知道为什么...
Everything's familiar somehow...
无论我在哪里 或者在做什么
..No matter where I am or what I'm doing.
我内心都有一种巨大的恐惧感
Inside, I have this terrible fear...
一直挥之不去
..All the time.
内心的黑暗吗
A darkness within?
从科学的角度来看 可能是你大脑
From a scientific point of view, perhaps the part of your brain
负责记忆的区域出了点小差错
responsible for memory has a little flaw.
神经系统的问题
A neurological problem
导致你认为你在反复经历同样的事
that leads you to think you are repeating experiences.
所以我并没有真的死掉又重生
So I'm not really dying and being reborn.
我不知道
I have no idea.
也许你的大脑有一个神经信♥号♥♥
Perhaps there is a neurological blip in your brain
导致你认为你曾经来过这里
that causes you to believe you have been here before.
也许你真的曾经来过 你的梦就是记忆
Perhaps you have been here before and your dreams are memories
回忆 预感
and reminiscences - premonitions.
我们也许无从得知
We may never know.
你听说过佛教吗
Have you heard of Buddhism?
也许你记得的是另一世的记忆
Perhaps you're remembering another life.
当然 佛教♥徒♥不相信
Of course, the disciples of the Buddha
你能够以同一个人的身份
don't believe you keep coming back as the same person
回到同样的情境 就像你这样 不过...
in the same circumstances, as you feel you do, but...
大部分古代宗教都坚信世间有轮回
..Most ancient religions adhered to an idea of circularity.
衔尾蛇之类的
The snake with its tail in its mouth and so on.
衔尾蛇
你治好了吧
Are you cured yet?
现在一定好了吧 都这么久了
Must be by now. It's been an age.
走吧 我告诉你♥爸♥你会赶上晚班火车
Come on. I told your father you'd catch a later train.
我们一起去玩吧
Let's have some fun.
你真是越来越漂亮了
You're turning out to be quite pretty.
你得剪头发了
You must have it cut.
你应该去见见我的理发师 他手艺特别好
You should come and see my coiffeur. He's really very good.
你看着有变成挤奶女工的危险
You're in danger of looking like a milkmaid
但我觉得其实你会变得
when really, I think you're going to turn out
非常魅惑
to be deliciously wicked.
抽烟吗
Cigarette?
我才10岁
I'm ten.
听着 我知道你母亲觉得我
Listen, I know that I am considered by your mother
又疯又坏 认识我还很危险 但...
mad, bad and dangerous to know, but...
我觉得我们可以成为特别的朋友
..I thought we could be special chums.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
帕梅拉有点无聊 生活只有网球和骑车
Pamela is a little dull, all that tennis and cycling.
难怪她的脚踝那么结实
No wonder she has such sturdy ankles.
当然她很擅长运动 但还是无聊
Tres sportif, I'm sure, but still.
男孩们就...毕竟是男孩
Oh, and the boys are... Well, boys.
不过你很有趣 乌苏拉
But you are interesting, Ursula.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
是啊
Yes.
特别的朋友
Special chums.
跟伊兹玩得开心吗
Nice time with Izzie?
嗯
Yes.
你买♥♥车了
You did it.
你母亲觉得这车贵得要命
Your mother considers it ruinously expensive.
她不可信
She's not to be trusted, you know.
-谁 -伊兹
- Who? - Izzie.
按一下
Press that.
好了
Right.
恐怕战争让你母亲变得吝啬了
The war has made your mother parsimonious, I'm afraid.
要是按她的来 我们就只能靠鸡蛋和鸡生活了
If she had her way, we'd live on her eggs and chickens.
然而 我似乎变得不那么谨慎了
Whereas I, on the other hand, have seemed to become less prudent.
她说对于银行家而言 这并不是好的品质
Not an admirable trait for a banker, she says,
但还是要及时行乐
but still, carpe diem and so on.
是吗 小熊
Eh, little bear?
乌苏拉在凯特勒医生那接受了几年的治疗
Ursula saw Dr Kellet for several years.
最终 希尔薇和休觉得没必要
Eventually, Sylvie and Hugh decided that paying a man
花钱雇一个人 跟他们女儿
to discuss life's mysteries with their daughter
讨论人生的奥秘
was no longer necessary.
乌苏拉明显变得更加开朗
Ursula was noticeably more cheerful
也就被认为治愈了
and so considered cured.
她16岁生日的早晨
On the morning of her 16th birthday,
世界凉爽清新
the world felt crisp and fresh.