剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表
"约翰·亚当斯" 前情回顾
约翰·亚当斯 第七集
谢谢你前来
Good of you to come.
我们早该聚一下了
Our reunion has been long overdue.
是啊 是啊
Yes, indeed. Yes, indeed.
早该聚了
It's been too damn long.
您这么说真好
Thank you for saying it.
客气什么
Of course.
艾比盖尔 本杰明到了
Abigail, Benjamin has arrived.
谢谢您前来 - 亚当斯夫人
Thank you, sir, for coming. - Mrs. Adams.
纳比 拉什大夫看你来了
Nabby, Dr. Rush has come to see you.
史密斯夫人
Mrs. Smith.
请坐
Please.
我们在楼下等
We will be downstairs if you need us.
您父亲告诉我
Your father has told me
您不太舒服
Of a certain complaint.
能描述一下吗?
Would you describe it for me?
我觉得右乳♥房♥♥有硬块
I feel a hardness in my right breast.
会难受吗?
Does it cause you discomfort?
有时候会疼痛难耐
There isreat pain sometimes.
能让我
Would you allow me
检查下吗?
To examine you?
当然可以
Of course.
我准备下行吗? - 好的
Would you excuse me for a moment? - Yes.
啊
Ah.
亚当斯夫人呢?
Where is Mrs. Adams?
艾比盖尔?
Abigail?
不 不 卡洛琳 - 请坐
No no, caroline. - Please, sit.
过来 这边 - 托马斯叔叔 让我看看
Come away. Come along. - Uncle thomas, let me see.
帮我收拾桌子准备吃饭
Help me to set the table.
您女儿患的是乳腺癌
Your daughter suffers
From a cancer of the breast.
上帝啊
Merciful god.
整个乳♥房♥♥都要切除
The entire breast must be removed.
据她所描述的病情的进展
Now from her account of the moving state of the tumor,
现在正是动手术的时机
It is now in a proper situation for the operation.
噢 上天哪 没别的法子了吗?
Oh, good heavens. Is there no other remedy?
据我所知 只有手术
I know of none but the knife.
两位朋友
Now, my friends,
不要再推迟了
Let there be no delay.
给
Here...
喝了
Drink this.
好的
Good.
躺下吧
Now lie down.
不不 这样躺
No, this way.
哈里斯先生
Mr. Harris.
萨莉
Sally.
来了
Yes.
你带孩子去散散步 好吗?
I want you
To take the children for a walk.
好的 - 好的 夫人
Of course. - Yes, madam.
苏珊娜
Susanna.
艾比盖尔... - 威廉 过来
Abigail... - William, come along.
我们出去走走
We're going for a walk.
过来 小可爱
Come, my sweet.
她上哪去?
Where is she going?
好了
That's it.
准备好了吗 勇敢的孩子?
Are you ready, my brave girl?
咬住
Bite.
看在上帝的份上 坐下吧 约翰
For god's sake, John, sit down.
我从未见过这么能忍♥的病人
I have never seen a patient
With so much fortitude.
她现在在休息了
She's resting comfortably.
坚强点 朋友 - 她出危险期了?
Be strong, my friends. - She is out of danger?
如果没有扩散
If it has not spread,
她应该不会再次
The cancer will likely not return
得癌症 - 您确定吗?
To trouble her. - Can you be certain?
疾病 不确定
In the matter of disease, no.
这就是天意了
You must look to providence
只能相信上帝
And put your trust in god.
卡洛琳 多吃点胡萝卜
Caroline, eat more carrots, please.
苏珊娜
Susanna.
好的? - 谢谢
Good? - Thank you.
想听听今天报纸上都写了些什么吗?
Would you like to see what's in the newspaper today?
来看看
Let's see, shall we?
听听这个怎么写我们尊敬的杰斐逊总统
Listen to this about our esteemed president Mr. Jefferson:
郁郁葱葱之处 或是山峦里 或是山谷里
"Of all the damsels on the green
所有的少女
On mountain... ? or in valley ?
也不曾有人比蒙特切洛的萨莉
? a lass so luscious ne'er was seen ?
更清秀
? as monticellian sally. ?
美♥国♥佬♥ 谁最笨?
"Yankee doodle, who's the noodle?
谁能比得上她来的顺手?
What wife were half so handy? To breed a flock
白养着一堆奴隶 养尊处优的黑人
Of slaves for stock a blackamoor's a dandy."
够了 托马斯
That's quite enough, thomas.
真不敢相信 竟然这么写杰斐逊先生
I cannot believe it, not Mr. Jefferson.
如果杰斐逊先生没跟他的奴隶
If Mr. Jefferson had not been involved
萨莉·海明斯有染
With his slave sally hemings,
他为什么要给卡兰德先生 50块钱封他的嘴呢?
Then why would he have paid $50 to try and silence Mr. Callender?
卡兰德先生进一步指出
"Mr. Callender reveals further
杰斐逊先生担任副总统一职时
That while vice president,
他怂恿并按中资助
Mr. Jefferson encouraged and secretly subsidized
发表一些文章...
The publication of certain articles...
这些文章就是为了
With the express intention
质疑他的总统
Of casting doubt on the credibility
尊敬的亚当斯先生
Of his own president
的可信性
The estimable Mr. Adams."
艾比盖尔 报纸给我看看好吗?
Abigail, may I see that paper?
尽管我斗胆妄言 认为杰斐逊先生
While I am bold as to say that I taught Mr. Jefferson
政♥治♥行为中好的部分
Everything that has been good and solid
都是我教他的
In his political conduct.
至于其他...
As for the rest--
卡兰德和萨莉·海明斯 和杰斐逊先生一样被人铭记
Callender and sally hemings will be remembered
As long as Mr. Jefferson.
他们三人的耻辱
A stain on all of them.
不不 你错了 先生 这点错了
No no, you are wrong, sir. There you are wrong.
历史对杰斐逊先生的评价
Mr. Jefferson's character in history
很容易预测 是的
Can be easily foreseen. Oh, yes.
哲学家会把他的政♥府♥称为
His administration will be quoted by philosophers
具有渊博智慧的典范
As a model of profound wisdom.
我的则会被蒙上永远洗脱不掉的污名
Mine will be conde to everlasting infamy.
他们会写下
They will write
离经叛道的 暴♥动♥的行为 别的一概不提
Of the alien and the sedition act and of nothing else.
父亲! - 天哪!
Father! - God!
上帝啊! - 母亲!
Oh christ! - Mother!
艾比盖尔?
Abigail?
你还想干吗?
Now just what do you think you are doing?
老天
Oh hell.
当作教训吧
Let that be a lesson to you.
我觉得像个犯人
I feel like a prisoner out here.
嗯
Yeah.
约翰·昆西来了封信
And there's a letter from John quincy.
仅此而已?
Is that all?
我认为收到你儿子从华盛顿寄来的信
I should think you would be happy
你应该心满意足了
To receive a letter from your son with news from washington city.
别以为我不知道这意味着什么
Do not think that I do not know what this means.
在一些小圈子里 他们公然鄙视我
In some circles, I am openly despised
另一些 他们认为我无关紧要
And in others, I am irrelevant.
约翰 我认为
John, I do not think
大家不这么看我们
That anyone thinks about us one way or t'other.
我无法忍♥受这空虚了 艾比盖尔
I can no longer bear this ennui, abigail.
我以为你会很舒坦呢
I thought you would find great relief...
终于能闲下来了
In having to fill your own days.
你为什么不拿起笔
Why don't you pick up your pen
剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表