剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表
亚当斯先生
Mr. Adams.
亚当斯先生 - 来了!
Mr. Adams. - Yes!
亚当斯先生 - 来了!
Mr. Adams, sir. - Yes!
重大新闻 亚当斯先生
Momentous news, Mr. Adams.
英国被打败了
The british are defeated.
看
Look.
现在 先生
Now, sir--
现在 先生 一切都会好起来
Now, sir, all will be fine.
一切都会好起来的 先生
All will be fine, sir.
走 现在走吧
Come. Come now.
干得漂亮
You have struck a great blow
为了美♥利♥坚♥的事业 亚当斯先生
For the american cause, Mr. Adams.
您让我们翘首期待
You have turned us all on our heads.
华盛顿将军在约克镇才功勋显著
General Washington, at yorktown did the substance of the work.
我只是做些表面文章
Only the form belongs to me.
我们的主管已经同意
Our directors have agreed
发放首期贷款
To an initial loan of
五百万荷兰盾
5 million dutch guilders--
也就是两百万美元
2 million of your american dollars--
并给予特别利息率
At a special rate
5%
Of 5% interest.
可以说美♥利♥坚♥的信用
You may consider american credit
已经完全建立起来了
Fully established.
呃 我...
Well, I--
我谢谢你们 先生们
Well, I thank you, gentlemen.
我非常非常感谢你们
I thank you very very much indeed.
我们很遗憾听说
We are very sorry to hear
您将很快离开我们
That you will leave us so soon.
是的 巴黎又需要我过去一趟
Oh yes, well, I am needed in paris again.
英国人想议和
The british have sued for peace,
我希望看到我们有一个协议
And I intend to see that we have a treaty
认可我们的独♥立♥ 此为底线
That recognizes our independence, nothing less.
您真是个固执的人 亚当斯先生
You are a most stubborn man, Mr. Adams.
谢谢 感谢上帝赐给我固执本性
Ah, well, thanks be to god he gave me stubbornness,
特别是当我知道我是对的时候
Especially when I know that I am right.
约翰·亚当斯
第四集 重聚
1784年 法国
"我亲爱的朋友"
"My dearest friend,
"和平协议已经完成"
The peace treaty is done
"但国会要求我继续留在巴黎"
But the congress have instructed me to remain in paris
"以保证和其它国家的贸易"
To secure commerce with other nations.
"我不能借故回家"
I cannot justify going home,
"但对我的艾比盖尔的思念 该如何缓解?"
But what should I do for want of my Abigail?
"只有一个补救办法"
There is only one remedy:
"来吧 我亲爱的朋友"
Come, my dearest friend.
"安排好为我们的孩子的"
Make all arrangements you must
"照料和教育的一切"
For the care and education of our children.
"他们已经不小了"
They are old enough now.
"来吧 我的朋友"
Come, my friend."
夫人
Madame.
你是奥图?
Auteuil?
奥图 夫人 是的
Auteuil, madame, oui.
亚当斯呢?
Adams?
亚当斯先生在里边
Monsieur adams a auteuil.
是的 夫人 欢迎您
Oui, madame. Bienvenu.
夫人
Madame.
亚当斯夫人
Mrs. Adams.
亚当斯先生
Mr. Adams.
进来吧
Come.
我自作主张 把这改成了我办公室
I've taken the liberty of making this room into my office.
这间还空着
This is not in use.
我来这儿
I came here
原本是带着满腹牢骚的 约翰
With many harsh words for you, John.
我知道你有怨言
I know you have complained,
我活该
And it is very well-Deserved.
我一直沉默
并不是因为脑子里没有你
Not because you were absent from my thoughts,
而是...
But...
而是因为满脑子全是你
Because you were too much in them.
要道出我受到的羞辱
To write of my disgrace,
因我在这儿的事给你负担
To burden you with my trials here,
知道你要面对的所有那些
Knowing of all of those you had to face
在家
At home
孤单一人...
Alone...
想到自己更添你负担
It sorrows me more than I can say
我难过得无以言表
To think that I may have added to them.
能原谅我吗 艾比盖尔?
Can you forgive me, Abigail?
如果你说出在这里的不顺意
Did you think that I would think less of you
我就会看轻你么?
If you spoke of your misadventures here?
没有那个男人想在妻子面前出丑
No man wants to appear a fool before his wife.
现在你成功了
And now that you are triumphant,
可以再次向我敞开心怀了吗?
Can you open your heart to me again?
我的心门从未对你紧闭
And now my heart was are triunever closed to you.
没有你让我坚定
Without you to steady me,
没有你
Without you
我...
I...
我远离了我的神 我变得软弱
I dismiss my god, I grow weak
虚荣
And vain.
那么我们应该让你改掉这些坏习惯
Then we shall have to relieve you of such bad habits.
你必须一直陪着我...
You must stay with me always...
以防我会走向毁灭
To prevent my ruination.
我知道我的角色是
I understood my role
和任何愿意听的人
Was to negotiate free-Trade agreements
商议自♥由♥贸易协定
With anyone that would listen.
但好像没有人有丁点兴趣
But nobody seems to have the slightest interest
无论是对我还是我的鲸油
In either me or my whale oil.
我们缺少
Well, there is a lack
信心 托马斯...
Of confidence in us, Thomas--
对于鲸油来说 也许是
In the whale oil, perhaps--
但对整个国家来说
But in the country as a whole.
他们是不是认为我们会厌倦独♥立♥?
Do they think that we will tire of independence?
我们的国家是...
That our nation is...
短暂的?
Ephemeral?
我在这儿的经验表明
My experience here has shown
对于欧洲的任何人来说
That american affairs are of very little consequence
美国事物都是小事情
To anyone in europe.
只要他们是和13个单独的邦打交道
And as long as they are dealing with 13 separate states,
他们自然随意拖延
They can afford to procrastinate.
啊!
Ah!
托马斯 请允许我介绍我的夫人
Thomas, allow me to present my wife.
久仰亚当斯夫人♥大♥名
Mrs. Adams is already well known to me.
您为您的国家付出的智慧和激♥情♥
Your wisdom and your passion for your country
据说影响了您丈夫的每一个决定
Is said to inform your husband's every decision.
您过奖了 先生
You do me more credit than I deserve, sir.
过来
Come.
告诉我 杰弗逊先生
Tell me, Mr. Jefferson,
您也是一样的大排场么?
Are you situated in an equally grand manner?
当然 它能衡量我们在法国政界 的重大意义
Oh, certainly. It's a measure of our immense significance in the french court,
问题不在于我们有多能干
Where the question is not how well-Qualified are we
而是我们拥有多少本国人
For office, but how many domestics do we retain.
英国大使有50人 西班牙有75
The british ambassador has 50. The spanish ambassador has 75.
我们则相形见绌
We consider ourselves quite impoverished.
我们还不够20人
We have to make do with fewer than 20.
对不起 我亲爱的
I'm sorry, my dear.
也许如果我们有更多的随从
Perhaps if we had more servants,
你会在谈判中更为成功
You would be more successful in your negotiations.
一个外交魔术师
A diplomatic magician.
迄今为止我认为鲜有机会
At present I see scarcely any opportunity
为美国公众做出
Of doing anything for the american public
值得让我们留在这儿的任何事
Worth the expense of maintaining us here.
亚当斯先生 您邀请您的夫人远跨大西洋
Mr. Adams, did you invite your wife across the atlantic
剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表