剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表
我希望您在法国待久一点
I hope you shall remain long enough in france
来提高你的法语 亚当斯先生
To perfect your french, Mr. Adams.
当然 如果是作为一个普通市民
Yes, well, if i were here as a private citizen,
伯爵先生 那就再好不过了
Monsieur le comte, nothing would please me more.
法国是幸福所在之地
France is the very region for happiness,
如果人类的天性是
If human nature could be made happy
为任何愉悦感官的事物而快乐的话
By anything that pleases the senses.
相信您会发现我们的结盟 同样令人愉悦
I trust that you will find our alliance equally agreeable.
通商条约既自♥由♥也慷慨
The treaty of amity ane is both liberal and generous,
但敦促法国海军...
But i feel duty-Bound
作出更多的承诺是我义不容辞的责任
To press for greater commitment of french naval power.
德斯坦上将的舰队 现正驶向你们新英格兰
Admiral d'estaing is now sailing toward your new england.
我知道德斯坦上将已被派遣出发
I am aware of admiral d'estaing's expedition,
但我认为...还不够
And i deem it... insufficient.
不够?
Insufficient?
12艘战列舰 5艘护卫舰?
12 ships of the line, and five frigates?
这难以将英军舰队逐出我们的海岸线
This will hardly dislodge the british fleet from our shores.
速决此战的关键...
Nothing will bring this war to a speedier conclusion
就是海军军力上的优势
Than naval superiority.
而美国需要更多的军舰
And america needs more ships.
华盛顿将军的观点亦是如此
General washington is of the same opinion.
亚当斯先生应该清楚 法英两国已在交战
Mr. Adams is of course aware that france is at war with england.
我军已无暇应对
Our navy is needed to defend our own shores.
陛下已经极尽慷慨了
And his majesty has been more than generous.
美国永远无法实现独♥立♥
Our independence cannot be achieved
因为在法国和你我公敌间的...
If we are to be nothing more than a pawn
无休止游戏中 美国只是一颗卒子
In france's never-Ending game with our common enemy.
现在我谦恭地请您 将我的观点向陛下转达
Now i respectfully ask that his majesty be informed of my opinion.
(我觉得这次谈话很有意思 先生)
I found that conversation fascinating, sir
(我很抱歉 阁下)
I am sorry, your Excellency.
你想把我们所有努力付诸东流吗?
Is it your purpose to destroy everythint we've accomplished?
想让他们召回德斯坦上将的舰队?
To engineer the recall of the fleet under admiral d'estaing?
难不成是某种新的外交手腕?
Or is this some new kind of diplomatic initiative?
公然凌♥辱♥而后怨声载道?
The direct insult followed by the petulant whine?
你到底在想什么?
What are you thinking of?
亚当斯先生 一个好外交官
A good diplomat, Mr. Adams,
应多观察少行动
Observes much, acts little
话语委婉
And speaks softly.
法国外♥交♥部♥长的意思是 只保证他们的手托住我们的下巴
The compte de vergennes means to keep his hand
以防我们溺死
beneath our chin To prevent us from drowning,
但并未保证让我们的头浮出水面
But not to keep our heads above the water.
你还不明白吗 亚当斯先生?
Have you learned nothing, Mr. Adams?
如果你继续激怒这些人 和他们对着干
If you continue to exasperate and antagonize these people--
我在费城也是如此换来了宣布独♥立♥
As i did in philadelphia and we declared independence
在费城 独♥立♥是谈判换来的
In philadelphia we negotiated independence.
博士 您也许可以继续这样耐心随和
Well, you may be as patient and accommodating as you like, doctor,
但对我来说
我不会在拼命挣脱英国的束缚的同时
But for myself,
I will not voluntarily put on the chains of france
自愿去套上法国的枷锁
While i am struggling to throw off those of great britain!
您何时启程去罗德岛 德斯坦上将?
When do you sail to rhode island, admiral d'estaing?
我们明天离开波士顿
We leave boston tomorrow.
我们希望在纽波特与英国舰队交战
We hope to engage the british fleet at newport,
在那儿与你们的军队会合
Where your army awaits us.
一场胜利会凝聚我们的人♥民♥
A victory will do much to rally our people.
彼此彼此 先生
For france as well, monsieur.
夫人 我发现您的丈夫欺骗了我们
I have discovered, madame, that your husband has deceived us.
我原以为他对我们结盟的热情
I was told that his zeal for our alliance
出自他想打败英国的
Was born out of his eagerness
迫切希望
To defeat the british.
但现在我发现...
But now i see...
是与您团聚的心愿使然
It is his desire to be reunited with you that drives him so.
又一个亚当斯家的人 被法国人摆弄了一把
Another adams falls victim to the french.
他们已经十分友好了
They have been most hospitable.
但我不认为仅一晚的款待就能
I scarcely think that one can form a lasting impression
对一个人形成恒久的印象
Of a people based on one evening's entertainment.
亚当斯夫人 我难以表达对您丈夫的尊敬
I cannot tell you how much i respect your husband, mrs. Adams.
没人像他那样 为我们的事业贡献这么多
There is no one who has given as much to our cause as he.
我承认
I confess
我没亚当斯先生那么有抱负
I am less roman than Mr. Adams.
他可以为我们的国家牺牲一切
While he would sacrifice all for the good of our country,
除了思念他 这些我做不到
I cannot but miss him.
他不在身边 您一定很辛苦
You must feel his absence greatly.
我的儿子们正到了...
My sons are of an age
需要父亲引导的年纪
Where they need a father's guidance.
拉什博士 我渴望知道
Dr. Rush, i am most eager
任何关于我丈夫的消息
For the any news of my husband.
路泽恩爵士在费城
The chevalier de la luzerne is in philadelphia,
谈到亚当斯先生 在法国皇宫引起的反响
And he spoke of Mr. Adams's reception at the french court.
他言谈高雅且对上流社会颇具品位
His letters are full of refinement and taste of the society,
尽管他知晓这个社会何其放荡
Though not insensible of its debaucheries.
我并非在此含沙射影...
I did not mean to suggest--
亚当斯先生的品格无可非议
Mr. Adams's character is beyond reproach.
您无需极力打消我...
You do not need to reassure me
对我丈夫品格的疑虑
Of my husband's character, dr. Rush.
深表道歉 亚当斯夫人
I apologize, mrs. Adams, if--
您是军队的...
You are surgeon general
军医处处长 是吗?
是的 我发现我们...
Of the army, are you not?
Yes, and i have found the condition Of our military hoitals to be
军医院的情况非常糟糕
utterly deplorable.
他们的管理存在严重过错
Their administration is a crime,
而国会也不关注这些问题
And congress will not attend the problem.
我多次向他们反映这个问题
I have brought the subject to them repeatedly,
但他们拒绝采取措施
But they refuse to act.
3000士兵...
3,000 men...
在佛吉谷无法再为军队效力
Rendered unfit for duty at valley forge.
都是因为国会使得我们的补给线衰退
All because congress allowed our supply lines to wither.
你妹妹寄来的?
From your sister?
嗯 她问起你的近况
Yes, she asks about you.
告诉她我很好
Tell her i'm well.
不然 只会让她担心
Say otherwise, we'll only worry her.
她问你为什么没常给妈妈写信?
She asks why you do not write to mother more often.
我该写些什么呢?
And what should i write?
我在这边毫无进展?
That i'm unable to accomplish anything here?
她想要一份我屡遭挫败的清单吗?
Does she want a catalogue of my frustration and failure?
还有我和富兰克林博士愚蠢的争吵?
My idiotic wrangling with dr. Franklin?
费城寄来的 先生
From philadelphia, sir.
亚当斯先生? 亚当斯先生!
Mr. Adams? Mr. Adams!
亚当斯先生
Mr. Adams.
富兰克林博士...不想被打扰
Dr. Franklin is... not to be disturbed.
他..正在进行一项...
He is, uh-He's conducting an experiment
非常精密的实验
Of a very delicate nature.
亚当斯先生!
Mr. Adams!
亚当斯先生!
Mr. Adams!
请不要!
Please, no!
亚当斯先生 这样太冒昧了
Mr. Adams, this is most irregular.
班克罗夫特先生!
Mr. Bancroft!
亚当斯先生?
Well, Mr. Adams?
呃...
The, uh...
国会已经...
The congress has...
国会已经指定您为...
The congress have named you
唯一的全权特使
The sole minister plenipotentiary
进驻路易国王的宫廷 先生
To the court of king louis, sir.
是么 - 嗯
Franklin: indeed. Huh.
好
谢谢你 亚当斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Adams.
还有别的事吗?
Is there anything else?
我在这陷入泥潭 拼命挣扎
I have been left kicking and sprawling in the mire,
既没有为国效力的自♥由♥
Neither at liberty to serve my country
也没有回家的权利
Nor at liberty to go home.
我哪怕是犯下了
If i have committed some crime
要在欧洲公众面绞死的罪行
剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表