剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表
《约翰·亚当斯》
第一集:不聚则亡
John Adams Part I: Join Or Die.
1770年 波士顿
不聚则亡
卖♥♥龙虾啦!
Lobsters for sale!
龙虾!
Lobsters!
谁买♥♥? 龙虾!
Who'll buy? Lobsters!
吃净我的粪桶 笨虾!
Clean out my shit bucket, lobster!
谁要买♥♥龙虾?
Who'll buy lobsters?
滚回英格兰去!
Go back to england!
拿着! 砸他们的脑袋!
Take that! Hit 'em right in the head!
我们是人 不是畜生!
We are people, not an animal, lobster!
这姑娘
That a girl.
过来 老伙计
Come on, you old fool.
上这儿来
Get over here.
过来 来吧
Come here. There we go.
看看这儿
Look at that.
还真不小
Quite a big one.
肯定挺疼的吧
That must have hurt.
你败诉了
You lost.
是的
I did.
我从你肩膀的姿势就能看出来
I could tell by the set of your shoulders.
我的委托人坚称
My client alleged
他邻居的马
that his neighbor's horse
踩坏了他的庄稼
had trampled his crops.
是这样吗?
And had it?
难说
Hard to say.
没有目击证人
There were no witnesses
而那个牲畜因故拒绝作证
and the beast refused to testify for some reason.
跟我来!
Follow me!
父亲
Father.
让孩子喘口气 约翰
Allow the child to breathe, John.
好的 现在能喘气了吧?
There, can you breathe now?
你去农场了吗?
Did you go to the farm?
巴斯先生要送一捆柴
Mr. Bass is sending a cord of wood.
南边田地的栅栏倒了
And there's a fence down in the south field...
开枪了!
It's a fire!
别开枪 别开枪 伙计们!
Don't fire. Do not fire, lads!
救命!
Help me!
看着我 好吗?
Look at me. Yes?
能呼吸吗? - 我的儿子
Can you breathe? - My son.
他是你的孩子?
Is this your boy?
凶手!
Murderers!
别过去
Come away.
别过去 山姆! - 也把我崩了 普雷斯顿
Come away, Sam! - Shoot me too, Preston,
如果你敢的话! - 山姆 别过去!
if you dare! - Sam, come away!
你将受到法律的严惩!
You'll suffer the full penalty of the law!
这些人需要照料
These people need to be tended to.
这些人需要我们的帮助
These people need our help here, yes?
发生什么了 父亲?
What happened, father?
我们看不到... - 现在没事了
We looked, but we couldn't see... - It's all over now.
只是有点混乱 没什么可担心的
Just a little hubbub is all. Nothing to worry about.
回去睡觉
Return to bed.
睡觉! 都回去!
Bed! Both of ya!
英国士兵在州议院广场向人群开枪
British soldiers fired into a crowd on state house square.
上帝保佑
God help us.
我就知道会这样
I thought it might come to this.
有人被打死吗?
People were killed?
我说不上具体数目...
I cannot say what number...
其中一个就我看来还只是个孩子
One of them no more than a child, from what I could see.
我无话可说了 艾比盖尔
I have no words for it, Abigail.
(西语)"omnia gallia
"omnia gallia
(西语)in tres partes divisa est."
in tres partes divisa est."
"高卢全境分为三部分"
"all Gaul is divided unto three parts."
好 你认为是谁将高卢分开的?
Good. Who do you think would divide Gaul?
约翰! - 请原谅
John! - Beggin'your pardon.
怎么了?
Yes?
亚当斯先生 我叫佛雷斯特 - 你怎么了?
Mr. Adams, my name is forrest. - What happened to you?
没什么 先生
It's nothing, sir.
我是那些士兵的朋友
I'm known to be a friend of the soldiers here.
你有什么事 先生?
What is your business, sir?
我来这儿是请求您帮助一个人
I'm here to ask you to help a man.
普雷斯顿上尉
Captain Preston.
别人都不愿意接这件案子
No one else will plead his case.
请进
Come in.
我去弄盆水
I will get a basin
擦擦那些伤口 - 您真好
to dress those cuts. - That's very kind.
谢谢
Thank you.
请坐
Here. Sit.
坐
Sit.
去看这个军人会不会很危险? - 会的
Can it harm to go and see this soldier?
为什么?
How?
因为你终会相信他
Because you will find a way to believe him.
他也许说的是实话 - 你所有的委托人都说实话
He may be telling the truth. - All your clients tell the truth.
你的这个未来的委托人在波士顿最受仇视
but your prospective client is the most despised man in boston.
随着昨晚的消息逐渐传开
By the time the news of last night's events spread,
我确定他将成为整个马萨诸塞最受仇视的人
I'm sure he will be the most despised man in all of Massachusetts.
这里面大有文章
It will be much talked of.
野心
Ambition.
在一个自♥由♥的国家
Counsel is the last thing
诉诸法律是一个遭受指控的人的最后希望 艾比盖尔
an accused person should lack in a free country, Abigail.
那就这样吧 - 但我会不会因此遭受谴责?
Then accept it. - But will I be condemned for it?
他们会说你是王室的人
They will say you are the crown's man.
我不在乎任何一方的恶语相对
I care not for malicious tongues on either side.
凶手都在这儿
These are the murderers.
上帝也许会原谅他们
May god forgive them.
也许你也会 先生
And you too, sir.
普雷斯顿上尉你愿意聘请我来做你的辩护律师?
Captain Preston, you wish to engage my services in your defense?
他们全都拒绝了 先生 无一例外
They've all refused us, sir, every man jack of them.
他们说您是一个正直的人 亚当斯先生
They say you're a man of integrity, Mr. Adams.
对于这样的案子你不要以为我会应付了事
Well, you may expect from me no art of address,
或是诡辩 推诿
no sophistry or prevarication in such a cause.
只有事实 证据和法律才能维持公正
Nothing more than fact, evidence and the law will justify,
普雷斯顿上尉
Captain Preston.
在我考虑接手你这个案子之前
But before I can even consider taking your case,
我必须听听你对整个事件的陈述
I must hear your account of what happened.
我的人去海关外帮助一个警卫
My men came to the aid of a sentry outside the customhouse.
他受到了人群的无理伤害
He was being abused by the crowd.
他们要我倒空他们的粪桶
They asked me to empty their shit buckets.
我叫他们让开 但他们还是...
I told 'em to back off, but they kept at it...
冲我大喊大叫
Screaming at me,
扔东西
throwing things.
蒙哥马利先生叫了警卫
Mr. Montgomery called for the guard.
我带他们去了广场 列队面对人群
I led them to the square, we made formation facing the crowd,
装上刺刀 枪也上了膛
bayonets fixed, muskets loaded.
我没有下令开枪 先生 我发誓
Look, I gave no order to fire, sir. I swear.
我站在他们前面
I was standing in front of the men.
我在和一个大家伙谈话
I was talking to a big fella.
他拿着一个球棒而且...
He had a club and...
我想他们叫他帕姆斯
I think they call him palmes.
但你的部分士兵确实开了枪普雷斯顿上尉
Yet some of your soldiers did fire, Captain Preston.
到今天早上 死了五个人♥大♥人和孩子
As of this morning, five are dead... Men and boys.
我的人是正当防卫 亚当斯先生
My men acted in self-defense, Mr. Adams,
万能的上帝主持公道
as god almighty is our judge.
那些激进分子最终付出了血的代价
The hotheads have finally tasted blood.
我们对此不会感到意外
We cannot be surprised by it.
士兵的存在收到了普遍的仇视
The presence of the soldiers here is much resented.
当然 如果波士顿的人♥民♥在议会中有代表
Of course, the people of Boston would be lining up
他们就会排队交税
to pay taxes if they were represented in parliament.
但事实是 他们并不如此
But the fact remains that they're not,
不守规矩 公然抵抗会让他们吃尽苦头
and defiance will not ensure their inclusion.
我们其他的殖民地都明白为什么波士顿不行?
剧集 | 约翰·亚当斯(2008) | 导航列表