剧集 | 詹姆斯敦(2017) | 导航列表
that alchemists deliberately fail--
将自己伪装成无助的骗子
let themselves be seen as hopeless frauds
来劝阻那些急于求成的人们
to dissuade those hungry to believe,
最后把炼成的奇迹
thus keeping their true miracles
自己独吞
to themselves.
确实有人欺骗 先生
There is deceit, sir,
但不是为了抢那些渴望黄金的人
but not in order to Rob those anxious for gold.
而是掩盖这种神奇
Rather, to conceal the true purpose
艺术的真正用途
of this marvelous art:
那就是对人的转变
The transformation of man.
我来试给你看
Let me show you.
卡斯特尔遗孀 请你来帮我
Widow castell, I beg your assistance.
沙罗 你来了
Sharrow? There you are.
你不能穿女人的衣服
You cannot wear a woman's apparel.
我能…如果我是女人的话
I can if a woman I be.
先生 你是说 炼金术的工艺
Do you claim, sir, to be transformed
能把男人变成女人
from a man to a woman by the process of alchemy?
总督 站在你面前的
What stands before you, governor,
是活生生的 真正的 艺术的
is the living, breathing, quicksilver proof
鲜活证明不是低俗的财富
the true art is not cheap riches
而是人类质变的奇迹
but the miracle of human metamorphosis.
佩斯林医生 请检查一下
Dr. Priestly, we require an examination.
总督 我请求
Governor, I would beg
这样的检查
that such an inspection be
也由女人来做
also conducted by a woman.
派伯
Pepper.
我们让爱丽丝来读
We'll have Alice read it.
她识些字
She has some words.
请您躺下
If you might lie down
容我检查 先生
that I might examine you, sir.
是女士
Madam.
这可能吗 医生
Is it possible, doctor?
先生 我必须要问一句
Sir, I must ask--
塞缪尔被杀的那天早晨…
the morning that Samuel was killed...
你听说是总督派他出去的
You heard he was abroad on the governor's business.
为什么你到现在
Why has it taken you so long
才有勇气问我 杰西琳
to find the courage to ask me, Jocelyn?
真的就没什么您不知道的
Is there nothing here that you do not know?
小酒馆主不只是
The taverner runs his mouth off
和他朋友谈天说地
to more than just friends.
我看到您今天和医生说话了
I saw the way you spoke to the doctor today.
您并未真的怀疑他是间谍
You do not truly suspect him to be the spy.
您从没怀疑过他
You never have.
您是为了让我分神
Did you force that idea upon me
才故意让我那么想的
to distract me?
如果您知道是谁
If you know who it is,
为什么不揭发他们
why do you not denounce them?
你该结婚了 杰西琳
It's time you're married, Jocelyn.
我会找医生谈的
I'll speak to the doctor.
先生 看来西缅·派克
Sir, it appears that simeon peck
是双性人
has a dual nature.
她既是女人 又是男人
She's a woman and a man.
那你可以穿裙子 先生 女士
Then you might wear your dress, sir--madam,
但是你不能再在詹姆斯敦炼金了
but you will no longer practice alchemy in jamestown.
詹姆斯·雷德
James read.
没有人比你更了解金属了
No one knows metal better than you do.
派克先生的工艺 你也看到了
What you witnessed-- master peck's process.
有什么价值吗
Any merit in it?
有些东西本来就该是它原本的样子
Some things are meant to be as they are.
如果什么都能变成金子
If all could be gold,
那金子也就没有价值了
then gold itself would be no treasure.
我相信自然不受
I believe that nature
人类控制 是最好的结果
is best left beyond a man's grasp.
今天真像个哲学家啊 铁匠雷德
Quite the philosopher today, read--for a blacksmith.
你对变性怎么看 医生
What about the human transformation, doctor?
先生 我怀疑
I suspect, sir, that simeon
西缅一直就是双性人
has always been a hermaphrodite.
那他又有什么目的
Then why the pretense?
看到了吧 尼克拉斯 为了你我变成女人
You see, Nicholas, I will be a woman for you.
法律也阻止不了我们了
No law can forbid us.
你以为你成了女人
Do you imagine your being a woman
会让这事变得无辜了
might make this innocent?
我需要法律
I need the law.
我喜欢法律
I love the law.
法律是唯一能救我
The law is all I have
不让我沉沦的工具
to save me from my appetites.
你的爱不够
There is not enough love in you,
谁的爱都不够
nor any man nor woman,
没有哪个女人能满足我
might feed me.
如果你真的在乎我
If you have a care for me...
就坐下一班船离开吧
You will leave jamestown on the first ship.
你什么时候娶卡斯特尔夫人 医生
When will you marry mistress castell, doctor?
她好像很珍惜
She seems to Cherish
她遗孀的身份 先生
being a widow, sir.
那我们必须要帮她一把了
Then we must take that comfort away from her.
你能帮我们读一下吗 爱丽丝
Will you read this for us, Alice?
我试试
I'll try.
呃
Um...
似乎船在抵达英国之前
Um, uh... it seems that,
被私掠船劫持了
before it reached england,
而且我们全部货物
the ship was seized by privateers
都失窃了
and all our cargo was lost.
这些土匪是什么人
What was the nature of these bandits?
说了吗
Does it say?
西班牙人 荷兰人 英国人
Spanish? Dutch? English?
皇家月亮号♥的船长
The captain of the "royal moon"
汇报说是荷兰人
reported them to be Dutch.
有水手为了保护大船牺牲吗
Did any mariners die in the defending of the ship?
没有
None.
再看一遍 爱丽丝
Look again at the letter, Alice.
有没有说 总督的货物也失窃了
Does it say if governor yeardley's cargo was also lost?
没有 信里没说
No. It doesn't say that.
我们的失窃了 他的很安全
Ours is stolen, but his is safe--
不是很可疑吗
ain't that suspicious?
如果耶德利以为
Silas: If yeardley believes he's seen
他已经见识过沙罗的愤怒了
the last of the sharrows' anger,
那就得让他开开眼界了
then he will need new eyes.
剧集 | 詹姆斯敦(2017) | 导航列表