What are you on about?
你在说什么
Well, that's how this is going to end
那这一切该如何结束呢
No-one's getting hanged
没人会被绞死
I haven't done anything
我是清白的
Go on Go to your bed, nursey
快去睡吧 孩子
I want him arrested early
我要尽快逮捕他
PC Lowe will be in charge
洛警官来带队
I want Manuel off balance
让曼纽尔猝不及防
I want him surrounded by faces that he doesn't know
我要让他陌生人包围
And do not, under any circumstances,
并且在任何情况下
engage with any of his backchat
你们都不要跟他浪费口舌
I want a welcoming party waiting here for him
等他到了这里我们再来好好对付他
I want you to get every single report you can lay your hands on
我希望你们寻找一切证据来对付他
WDC Laird is going to conduct the interview
莱尔德警官负责审讯
I want a woman in there goading him
我需要一位女同志去挑唆他
and needling his male pride because I want him humiliated
刺♥激♥他身为男人的自尊心 以此来羞辱他
And I want him angry Yeah
我要让他愤怒 好的
Get your hands off him!
把你的手拿开
Get off!
走开
Leave him alone!
放开他
What's going on?
发生了什么
Get in the car!
上车
Open the door for him
给他开门
Get in the car!
上车
Go
进去
I take it the scarf was for you, Mrs Manuel?
曼纽尔太太 我想这是给您的围巾吧
Yes
是的
It's very pretty
很漂亮
Peter's always had good taste
皮特眼光一向不错
Very artistic right from when he was a boy
从小他就很有艺术品位
Well, then, would you mind telling me
好吧 那么您是否可以为我解释一下
why something so precious
为何如此珍贵的东西
would be kept underneath the kitchen sink?
会被放在厨房♥的水池下面呢
I bought it I bought all this stuff
是我买♥♥的 这些东西都是我买♥♥的
so Peter would have something to give us on Christmas day
这样一来皮特在圣诞节就有礼物送我们了
You're always there for him, aren't you?
你总是为他辩白 对不对
Covering his tracks
为他遮掩
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Where? Where did you purchase these items?
这些东西你是在哪买♥♥的
They were from some spiv down at The Stag
是从牡鹿酒吧外面小贩子那里买♥♥的
They were stolen on Christmas Eve
这些东西是在平安夜
from the home of Reverend Houston
从休斯顿牧师家里被盗走的
I didn't I didn't know
我不 我不知道
You don't fool me! You don't fool me!
你别骗我 你把我当傻子
I didn't know! Mum!
我根本都不知道 妈妈
It's all right, Tess
没事的 苔丝
It's all right It's all right, Tess
没事的 没事了 苔丝
Oh, my girl It's all right
哦 我的女儿 没事的
It's all right
没事的
You'll notice how the serial numbers on the notes
你会注意到皮特•斯玛特钱包里
stolen from Peter Smart's wallet
被盗走的钞票上的序列码
exactly match those found in the cash registers of The Stag,
与牡鹿酒吧
the Woodend Bar, and the Gordon Club
伍登德酒吧 戈登俱乐部的收银机里找到的钞票上的一致
All establishments which numerous witnesses
而且这些酒吧里面有很多目击证人
stated you visited on the night of the 1st of January 1958
都表明他们在1958年1月1日晚上见过你
Buying rounds of drinks for men who'd like nothing better
到处给你的兄弟买♥♥酒喝
than to see you hanged
没有谁比他更希望看见你被绞死了
And all with crisp, new notes
关键是
stolen from your victim's wallet
从被害人钱包里偷来的新钞票
Not really criminal mastermind material, are we?
真不是神机妙算的犯罪分子会干出来的事啊
Peter?
皮特
Not one flaming word, sir
他一言不发 长官
I blew it
我搞砸了
No, you did not, Laird
不 莱尔德 你没有
We've got him exactly where we want him
他现在的状态正如我们所愿
He's not talking because we've got him in a corner
他不说话是因为我们把他逼到了死角
He's down there with his mind fully occupied
他在那里绞尽脑汁
on how to dodge the Smart charge
如何在斯玛特一家的案件为自己中开脱
It's good for us
情况对我们有利
Cos that means he won't see me coming
因为这意味着他不清楚我们下一步要做什么
This is our chance to get him
这是我们挫败他的机会
And not just for the Smart murders,
不仅是为了斯玛特一家
but for all these victims
还为了其他的受害者
He's always been torn between getting away with it
他总是在侥幸逃脱置身事外
and seeing his deeds written in headlines ten feet tall
和看着自己的事迹登上头版头条
telling the world how clever he is
向全世界宣扬他有多聪明之间左右为难
After what he's been through for the past few hours,
在经历了这几个小时后
he's never been closer to giving us just that
我们离他全部招供
Full confession
只有一步之遥了
Right now, the only person that wants the truth to come out more than us
现在 除了皮特•曼纽尔没人比我们更想将真♥相♥
is Peter Manuel
昭告天下
You want one?
来一根
I have to hand it to you, Peter
我得称赞你啊
never seen so many reporters in my life
我从来没见过这么多报道
Not just the Scottish papers, either
不仅是苏格兰的报业
Manchester Guardian
曼彻斯特卫报
Mirror
镜报
News Of The World
世界新闻报
The Times of London
伦敦泰♥晤♥士♥报♥
You have nothing
你什么都没有
Is that right?
是么
No murder weapon No motive
没有凶器 没有动机
The most you can charge me with is stealing some cash and a car
你唯一能指控我的只是偷了些现金和一辆车
I mean, who in their right mind would give a lift to a copper
我是说 哪个正常人在杀了三个人以后
after slaughtering three people?
会让个警♥察♥搭顺风车啊
You're not in your right mind
你不是正常人
Are you?
不是吗
You think you're a gangster
你以为你是个恶棍
But you're not You're a psychopath
但并不是 你就是个精神病
You're a psychopath that murders women and children
你是个杀女人和孩子的精神病
People asleep in their beds
人们在各自的床上沉睡
You think you're a hard man,
你认为自己是个硬汉
but you're not
但你错了
You're a milksop
你是个懦夫
You're a wee boy that goes round to his daddy
你只是个遇到困难
when the going gets tough
只会围绕在你父亲身边的小男孩
That's what they're saying out there
他们在那边说
That it was your dad
是你父亲
that helped you dispose of Isabelle Cooke's body
帮你处理掉伊莎贝尔•库克的尸体
He's always been there for you, though, hasn't he?
他总是在帮你 不是么
Your good old dad, and his little van
你的好爸爸和他的小卡车
So, we've arrested him
所以 我们逮捕了他
for aiding and abetting in the disposal of a corpse
他是处理尸体的从犯
Father and son
父亲和儿子
Partners in murder
谋杀搭档
Not a bad headline
不失为一个好标题
You're bluffing
你在吓唬我
Am I?
是么
All this time we've known each other and you still haven't got a clue
一直以来我们都了解彼此 但到现在你还不懂
Peter Manuel doesn't need anybody's help
皮特•曼纽尔不需要任何人的帮助
Must burn you up, eh?
你一定怒火中烧了吧 嗯
Knowing that if you'd been running things
如果当我杀害安妮•克妮兰德姿时
when I did Anne Kneilands, you might have been able to stop me
你能做些事 你本有机会阻止我
That seven innocent people would still be alive
那样那七个无辜的人还会活着
All the pleading All the screaming
那些祈求 那些哭喊
And there was nothing that you could do
但你那时无能为力
Nothing
什么也做不了
Let the old man go
放我老爹走
I'll show you where the Cooke girl is buried
我就告诉你那个女孩被埋在哪
We're standing on her
我们就站在她埋骨之地上