Good girl.
后退
Back, back, back. Back.
Shh, shh, shh.
放松 好
Easy. Good. Good.
对
That's it.
好姑娘 对
Good girl. That's it. Shh, shh, shh.
你真是有驯马的天赋
You really do have a gift with horses.
站起来
Up. Up. Up.
你看起来变了个人
You look different.
明天晚上政♥府♥大楼有场舞会 我已经同意担任女主宾
I've agreed to be patroness at the Ball at Government House tomorrow night.
是吗 还有别的事情吗
Oh, yeah? And?
牛仔 我...
Drover, I...
我要完成梅特兰未尽的事业
I'm going to finish what Maitland set out to do
让远方牧场重复生机
and I am going to bring Faraway Downs back to life.
我不明白你什么意思
I don't follow you.
完美的计划
Well, this is perfect.
我需要一位经理
I'm going to need a manager.
我觉得这对你来说是份好工作
Well, I thought that it would be a good job for you.
先不说这个了 我差点忘了件事情
Anyway, I almost forgot something.
我给你买♥♥了身衣服
Whoa, whoa. - I got a suit for you.
算了 你不用这么做
Stop. Don't do that. Don't do that.
做什么 - 你满脑子都是想法时
Do what? - The thing you do
会做的事情 - 比如横穿库拉曼
when you get a head full of ideas. - Like crossing the Kuraman?
胡说 伙计
Come on, mate.
你不知道自己在说什么
You don't know what you're talking about.
经营牧场 当个经理
Running a station, manager?
我是个牛仔 明白吗
I'm a drover. All right?
没有人能雇我 也没有人能开除我
No man hires me. No man fires me.
所以你不想去舞会
So you don't want to go to the ball?
舞会
The ball?
莎拉
Sarah.
我在那伙人眼里跟黑人一样
I'm as good as Black to that mob up there.
我跟野女人混得来
I mix with dingoes, not...
女公爵们就算了
Not duchesses.
她们不来烦我
They keep out of my way,
我也不去招惹她们
and I keep out of theirs.
就是这样
That's the way it is.
现在是这样不等于应该就是这样
Just because it is doesn't mean it should be.
但就是这样
But that's the way it is.
等一下
Wait a minute.
我差点忘了
I almost forgot.
你的支票
Your check.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不 谢谢你
No, thank you.
振作起来 小家伙
Cheer up, little fella.
你和那个中国佬 得陪我去电影院好好玩一晚上
You and that Chinaman going to take me out on a big night at the pictures.
怎么去
How?
混血儿不能进电影院
You can't take half-caste to picture shows.
被警♥察♥抓住的话就要被带走了
If coppers catch him, they take him away,
交给教堂 送到海岛宣教所去
give him to church, send him to Mission Island.
他可以不是混血啊
He won't be half-caste.
他完全有权去那里
He got every right to be there.
我们用魔法
We use magic.
完全有权去那里
Got every right to be there.
因为你是个特殊的孩子
Because you're a special boy.
他是个特殊的孩子
He's a special boy.
谁都不能阻止你去 谁都不能
Nobody gonna stop you from going. Nobody.
彩虹之上
Somewhere over the rainbow
有个高高的地方
Way up high
那个仙境
There's a land that I heard of
你曾在摇篮曲中梦到
Once in a lullaby
彩虹之上
Somewhere over the rainbow
天空蔚蓝
Skies are blue
只要你
And the dreams that you dare
敢梦想
To dream
都会实现
Really do come true
海岛宣教所辅助委员会 1939年舞会
阿什利夫人 您对巴克博士在宣教所的工作感兴趣
How good of you, Lady Ashley, to take an interest
真是太好了
in Dr. Barker's work on the mission.
行政官 其实我的兴趣 更是出于个人原因
Well, actually, Administrator, my interest is of a more personal nature.
阿什利夫人 我得说 我认为...
Well, I must say, Lady Ashley, that I think...
真漂亮 - 失陪一下
Smashing. - Would you excuse me?
享誉澳大利亚 是达尔文的主要亮点之一
...in Australia amongst the leading lights of Darwin.
我想知道能不能劳驾您把我介绍给
I was wondering if you could introduce me
巴克博士 - 莎拉
to Dr. Barker. Sarah?
达顿上尉
Ah, Captain Dutton.
阿什利夫人 我会把您托付给这位能力出众的上尉
Lady Ashley. I'll leave you in the capable hands of the Captain.
我相信他会很乐意 把您介绍给巴克博士
I'm sure he would be happy to introduce you to Dr. Barker.
她丈夫尸骨未寒
Her husband barely in the grave,
她就跟上尉眉来眼去了
and there she is cavorting with the Captain.
看看那身连衣裙
And that dress.
是啊 竞价会非常激烈
Yes, bidding should go through the roof.
他是个小孩子 需要有人照顾他
He's a little boy, he needs someone to look after him.
莎拉 这件事... - 我很想跟巴克博士谈谈
Sarah, it's... - I'm desperate to speak to Dr. Barker.
我要收养他
I'm going to adopt him.
他被抓走是早晚的事
It's only a matter of time before they take him away.
莎拉 收养土著孩子要复杂得多
Adopting an Aboriginal child, Sarah, it's much more complicated.
尼尔
Neil.
过来
Come on.
我要去跟阿什利夫人说几句话
I want to talk with Lady Ashley.
没关系 我们一会儿再去找她 亲爱的
Yeah. No, we will later, love.
我不介意你今晚为她竞价
I don't mind if you bid for her in the auction tonight,
我不会吃醋的
I won't be jealous.
她令人振奋
She's an inspiration.
没什么 她事事都出人意料
Yeah, no, she's full of surprises.
博士 另一方面 他在有人照顾的牧场里
But surely, Doctor, life on a station with people who care for these children
肯定要比在政♥府♥看管下混日子好得多
is far better than life in a government institution.
竞价开始了
The auction.
我们亲切的女主宾 阿什利夫人
...our gracious patroness, Lady Ashley.
按照传统 现在开始竞拍 第一首舞曲与我们的主宾共舞的资格
And now for the traditional auction of the first dance with our guest of honor.
博士 您肯定同意我的看法吧
Doctor, surely you agree with me?
混血儿必须脱离原始的正宗原住民
The mixed-race children must be dislocated from the primitive full-blood Aborigine.
除此之外 我们还有什么方法 让他们摆脱黑人的影响
How else are we to breed the Black out of them?
谁来开始竞价
Do I hear a first bid?
我出五镑
£5 here.
我跟奥尔索普太太随便跳支舞 都不止这点钱
Well, I paid more than that for a dance with Mrs. Allsop.
有没有人问过这些孩子的母亲 她们对此感想如何
Has anyone asked their mothers how they feel about this?
阿什利 夫人 要得体
Lady Ashley, please.
为了支持战事
For the war effort. Do I hear...
有没有人...
It's a fact of science,
科学认定的事实是
the Aboriginal mother soon forgets her offspring.
土著母亲很快就会忘记她的后代
五十镑 - 五十镑
£50. £50.
我一定要收养他 - 七十镑
I have to adopt him. -£70.
九十镑
£90.
巴克博士 没有母亲会忘记她的孩子
No mother forgets her child, Dr. Barker.
阿什利夫人
Lady Ashley.
九十六镑 - 这太不体面了
£96. - This is most inappropriate.
一百镑 - 这是新记录
£100. - Oh, well, that is a new record.
我们没法好好地问问他们的父亲 对不对
We can't very well ask their fathers, can we?
你真大胆
How dare you?
第一次叫价... - 或者我们应该问问
Going once... - Or perhaps we should.
第二次...
Going twice...
毕竟他们都在这里 - 这是舞弊
After all they're in this room. That's a lie.
接下来... - 五百块
And... - Five hundred quid.
五百镑
Five hundred pounds.
果然
Well, indeed,
是这位几乎单枪匹马 让澳大利亚牛肉产业
if it isn't the man who almost single-handedly
达到目前盛况的人
made the Australian beef industry what it is today.
卡尼畜牧公♥司♥的卡尼国王先生
Mr. King Carney of the Carney Cattle Company.
为了宣教所的利益
For the benefit of the missions.
无需多言
Well, there's nothing more to say but...