剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表
我想 这次会面似乎不成功
Do I gather the visit was not a success?
是的
It was not.
科迪莉娅 等麦凯神父从奶奶那里下来
Cordelia, will you drive Father Mackay home
你能开车送他回去吗
when he comes down from Nanny's?
我要去给贝瑞尔打电♥话♥ 看看她需不需要我回去
I'm going to telephone Beryl to see if she needs me at home.
布赖迪
Bridey...
这很恐怖
it was horrible.
我们要怎么做
What are we going to do?
我们把眼下能做的都做了
We've done all we can for the moment.
要命的布赖迪
Damn Bridey.
我就知道不行
I knew it wouldn't work.
我感觉大获全胜
I felt triumphant.
我是对的 其他所有人都是错的
I had been right. Everyone else had been wrong.
真理胜利了
Truth had prevailed.
在喷泉那里
The threat I had felt
我感觉到的 悬在朱丽娅和我头顶的威胁
hanging over Julia and me at the fountain
被解除了 也许永远消失了
had been averted, perhaps dispelled forever.
胡言乱语走了
Mumbo jumbo's off.
那个巫医走了
The witch doctor's gone.
可怜的爸爸
Poor Papa.
这对布赖迪来说一定很失望
It's great sucks to Bridey.
我不太明白 为什么你这么在意
I can't quite see why you've taken it so much to heart
不想让我父亲接受临终圣礼
that my father shall not have the last sacraments.
呃 那都是些巫术和虚伪的东西
Well, it's such a lot of witchcraft and hypocrisy,
不是吗
isn't it?
是吗
Is it?
这仪式已经延续了两千多年
It's been going on for nearly 2,000 years.
我真的不知道为什么
I really don't know why
你现在忽然对这件事这么激动
you should suddenly get so excited about it now.
看在上帝的份上
For Christ's sake,
写封信给《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》
write a letter to The Times,
去海德公园做演讲
get up and make a speech in Hyde Park,
发动一场“消灭罗马天主教”暴♥动♥
start a "No Popery" riot,
但别拿这件事来烦我了
but don't bore me about it.
我父亲见不见教区神父
What's it got to do with you or me
跟你我有什么关系
whether my father sees his parish priest?
还有——
There was also-
我现在能承认了——
I can now confess it-
另一个意想不到的 不可言说的
another unexpressed, inexpressible,
不合时宜的小胜利
indecent little victory
我在暗中庆祝
that I was furtively celebrating.
我猜 早上发生的事
I guessed that the morning's business
让布赖兹赫德离他的合法遗产
had put Brideshead some considerable way further
更远了
from his rightful inheritance.
这一点上 我是对的
In that, I was correct.
那天下午
A man was sent for
伦敦的律师们派了一个人过来
from the solicitors in London that afternoon.
很快 全家人都知道了
It soon became known throughout the house
马奇曼侯爵另立了新遗嘱
that Lord Marchmain had made a new will.
但我认为宗教论战
But I was wrong in thinking
已经平息的想法是错的
that the religious controversy was quashed.
那晚 吃过晚饭之后 论战再度爆发
It flared up again that evening after dinner.
爸爸说的是 “我还没到要死的时候
What Papa said was, "I am not in extremis.
我有25年没参加过
"I have not been a practicing member
教会的活动了”
of the church for 25 years."
不是“教会” 是“你们的教会”
Not "the church," "your church."
我看没有区别
I don't see the difference.
很有区别
There's every difference.
布赖迪 他的意思非常清楚
Bridey, it is perfectly plain what he meant.
我想 他的意思就是字面意思
I presume he meant what he said.
他的意思是 他不习惯
He meant he was not accustomed
定期接受圣礼
regularly to receive the sacrament,
既然他还没到要死的时候
and since he was not at that moment dying,
他就还不打算改变
he did not intend to change his ways yet.
那是诡辩
But that's simply a quibble.
为什么一个人试图表达准确的时候
Why do people always think one is quibbling
人们总觉得他是在诡辩呢
when one tries to be precise?
他的意思很简单 就是
His plain meaning was that
那天他不想见到神父
he did not wish to see a priest that day
但他要死的时候 就会见的
but that he would when he was in extremis.
我要再喝点咖啡
I wonder if there's any more coffee.
我希望有人能跟我解释
I wish somebody would explain to me
这些圣礼有什么意义
what the significance of these sacraments is.
你们的意思是 如果没有神父在场
Do you mean that if he dies without a priest,
他独自死去 就会下地狱
quite alone, that he goes to hell?
而如果神父在场 在他身上涂了圣油…
And that if the priest is there and puts oil on him-
不 不是圣油的问题
No, it's not the oil.
那是为了治愈他
That heals him.
这就更奇怪了
Odder still.
好吧 不管他做什么
Well, whatever it is he does,
做完之后 他就能升入天堂
that then he goes to heaven?
你们相信的就是这个吗
Now, is that what you believe?
我记得 我的护士告诉我 要不就是别人说的
I think my nurse told me, or someone did anyway,
如果神父在尸体变冷之前进去
that if the priest got there before the body was cold,
就没关系
it was all right.
是这样吗
That's so, isn't it?
不 卡拉 不是
No, Cara. It isn't.
当然不是
Certainly not.
你完全理解错了
You've got it all wrong.
你们这些天主教♥徒♥ 到底知不知道
Do any of you Catholics know exactly what good
神父能有什么好处
you think this priest will do?
你们这样安排 只是为了
Do you simply want to arrange it
能让你们的父亲有一场基♥督♥教葬礼吗
so that your father can have a Christian burial?
或者说 你们不想让他下地狱
Or do you want to keep him out of hell?
我只是想听你们说
I only want to be told.
那是同一件事
They're the same thing.
就像你说的 不下地狱
To keep out of hell, as you put it,
和举♥行♥基♥督♥教葬礼
and to have a Christian burial,
他必须按照(自己的)意愿行事
he must make an act of the will.
他必须悔悟 想得到救赎
He has to be contrite and wish to be reconciled.
只有上帝知道 他有没有按照(自己的)意愿行事
Only God knows whether he has made that act of will.
你是说 有时候神父并不知道
You mean sometimes the priest doesn't know?
他未必知道
Not necessarily.
所以 很有可能
So it's quite possible
一个人的意愿可能还存在
that the will may still be working
但他太虚弱 无法外在地表现出来
when a man is too weak to make any outward sign of it?
他可能躺着(不动) 好像死了
He may be lying as though dead.
对 而且一直想要被救赎
Yes, and willing all the time to be reconciled.
上帝理解的
God understands that.
教会也是
So does the Church.
所以她[指教会]能给他临终圣礼
So she is able to give him the last sacraments.
我以前从没听过这些
I never heard that before.
所以 如果没有神父在场
So if the priest isn't there,
他独自按照意愿行事
and he makes the act of will alone,
那跟有神父在场一样
that's as good as if there is a priest.
对吗
Is that right?
差不多吧
More or less.
好吧 看在上帝的份上
Well, for heaven's sake,
神父有什么用呢
what's the priest for?
我只知道
All that I know
(如果是我) 在请神父这件事上
is that I shall take very good care
我会非常谨慎
to have a priest.
愿上帝保佑你
Bless you.
我相信 那就是最好的答案
I believe that's the best answer.
我希望 你不要再挑起这些关于宗教的争论了
I wish you wouldn't start these religious arguments.
不是我挑起的
I didn't start it.
你说服不了任何人
You don't convince anyone else,
你甚至没有真正说服你自己
and you don't really convince yourself.
我只是想知道 这些人相信的是什么
I only want to know what these people believe.
他们说 一切都基于逻辑
They say it's all based on logic.
剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表