剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表
I was faithful to him until this last thing came along.
晚饭前 她去(自己的客舱)做准备时
When, before dinner, she went to get ready,
我跟她一起去了
I came with her,
(她)没有邀请 也没有反对 早就预料到了
uninvited, unopposed, expected.
我回想着过去十年心如死灰的求爱
I recalled the courtships of the past ten dead years,
怎样在出门前系好领带
how, knotting my tie before setting out,
把栀子花别进扣眼
putting the gardenia in my buttonhole,
我会计划一个魅惑的夜晚
I would plan an evening of seduction
想着 “在这样的时间
and think, "At such and such a time,
在这样的机会
"at such and such an opportunity,
我会冲过起跑线
"I shall cross the start line
发起我的进攻 不论好坏
"and open my attack for better or worse.
这个阶段的战斗已经持续得够久了”
This phase of battle has gone on long enough,"
我会想
I would think.
“必须做出决定”
"A decision must be reached."
对于朱丽娅 没有阶段
With Julia, there were no phases,
没有起跑线
no start line,
更没有战略
no tactic at all.
我们晚饭时见
I'll see you at dinner.
没什么比得上良好的成长教育
There's nothing like a good upbringing.
你知道吗 去年
Do you know, last year,
当我以为自己要生孩子的时候
when I thought I was going to have a child,
我决定 要把他/她培养成天主教♥徒♥
I'd decided to have it brought up a Catholic?
我以前没想过宗教信仰(的问题)
I hadn't thought about religion before.
从那之后 也没再想过
I haven't since.
但就在那个时候
But just at that time,
当我在等待孩子的降生时
while I was waiting for the birth,
我想 “那是我能给予她的”
I thought, "That's the one thing I can give her."
“它似乎对我没什么好处
"It doesn't seem to have done me much good,
但我的孩子应该拥有”
but my child shall have it."
真奇怪
it was odd,
想把自己丢掉的东西给予别人
wanting to give something one had lost one's self.
最终 我没能给予她那个
Then, in the end, I couldn't even give her that.
我甚至不能给她生命
I couldn't even give her life.
我从没见过她
I never saw her.
我太虚弱 不知道发生了什么
I was too ill to know what was going on,
很久以后 直到现在
and afterwards for a long time, until now,
我也不愿说起她
I didn't want to speak about her.
是个女儿
She was a daughter,
所以 雷克斯对于她的夭折并不很介怀
so Rex didn't so much mind about her being dead.
起初 我们为
We'd argued endlessly
我要不要生孩子 争论不休
about whether I should have a child in the first place.
一开始 我想生一个
At first, I wanted one.
大概一年之后 我发现
After a year or so, I discovered
我得做个手术
that I'd have to have an operation
才有可能生孩子
to make it possible.
那时 雷克斯和我已经没有爱了
By that time, Rex and I were out of love.
但他还是想要一个孩子[继承人]
But he still wanted an heir.
不早了
It's late.
或许我们最好去睡觉
Perhaps we'd better go to bed.
我为跟雷克斯结婚 受到了小小的惩罚
I have been punished a little for marrying Rex.
你看 我没法真正把这些事情
You see, I can't get all that sort of thing
从脑海里忘怀
out of my mind quite -
死亡 审判 天堂 地狱
death, judgment, heaven, hell,
霍金斯奶奶 还有(基♥督♥教的)教理问答
Nanny Hawkins, and the catechism.
如果一个人从很小时就接受这些教育
It becomes part of one's self
那它们就会成为这个人的一部分
if they give it one early enough.
可我还想让我的孩子接受这些
And yet I wanted my child to have it.
现在 我想 我要为
Now I suppose I shall be punished
我做过的事接受惩罚
for what I've just done.
或许 这就是为什么 你和我会像这样在一起
Perhaps that's why you and I are here together like this.
(上天)安排的一部分
Part of a plan.
不 查尔斯 现在不行
No, Charles, not yet.
也许永远不行
Perhaps never.
我不知道 我不知道我是不是还想要爱
I don't know. I don't know if I want love.
爱
Love?
我可不是在求爱
I'm not asking for love.
哦 是的 查尔斯
Oh, yes, Charles.
你在
You are.
查尔斯 你在那吗
Charles, are you there?
嗯
Yes.
我进来了
I'll come in.
哦 我睡着了这么久
Oh, I've been asleep such a long while.
什么时候了
What time is it?
三点半
It's half past 3:00.
天气没变好 是吗
It's no better, is it?
更糟了
It's worse.
但我感觉好些了
I feel a little better, though.
你觉得 如果我拉铃 他们会给我送点茶
Do you think they'd bring me some tea or something
或者什么来吗
if I rang the bell?
我想会的
I expect so.
你晚上玩得高兴吗
Did you have an amusing evening?
大家都晕船了
Everyone's sick.
哦 可怜的查尔斯
Oh, poor Charles.
这本该是很有趣的一次旅行
It was going to be such a lovely trip too.
明天天气可能会好些
It may be better tomorrow.
也许吧
Perhaps.
第二天 风小了
Next day, the wind had dropped,
我们又在海浪里颠簸
and again we were wallowing in the swell.
那一天
That day,
因为前一天我们聊得太多
because we had talked so much the day before
因为我们想说的 不需要过多的言语
and because what we had to say needed few words,
(所以)我们说得很少
we spoke little.
谢谢你
Thank you.
长长的静默之后 我们终于开口时
When, after long silences, we spoke at all,
我们发现 我们的的想法
our thoughts, we found,
完全步调一致
had kept pace together, side by side.
你在捍卫你的悲伤
You're standing guard over your sadness.
这是我应得的一切
It's all I've earned.
你昨天这么说的
You said so yesterday.
我的报酬
My wages.
生活开的欠条
An lOU from life.
一经要求就会兑现的承诺
A promise to pay on demand.
我们的一天结束了
It's the end of our day.
我们去甲板上吧
Let's go on deck.
好 就是现在
Yes, now.
哦 亲爱的 我们能藏在哪里呢
Oh, dear, where can we hide,
我们两个风暴的孤儿
we orphans of the storm?
—早上好 —早上好 先生
-Good morning. -Morning, sir.
查尔斯
Charles?
查尔斯
Charles!
早上好
Good morning.
我感觉很好
I feel so well.
你知道我在吃什么早餐吗
What do you think I'm having for breakfast?
天哪
Good Lord.
我已经准备好去美发店了
I've fixed up a visit to go to the hairdresser.
你知道吗 今天下午四点之前
Do you know they couldn't take me
他们都不能接待我 怎么突然这么忙
till 4:00 this afternoon, they're so busy suddenly?
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
所以 我傍晚才会回来
So I shan't appear till this evening,
但上午会有很多人来看我们
but all sorts of people are coming this morning to see us.
这几天 恐怕我对你而言
I'm afraid I've been a worthless wife to you
是个没用的妻子吧
these last few days.
你在做什么呢
What have you been up to?
你表现得好吗
Have you been behaving yourself?
你没认识什么妖孽吧
You haven't been picking up sirens?
旁边几乎没有女人
There was scarcely a woman about.
没有 我在跟朱丽娅聊天
No, I've been talking to Julia.
哦 真好
Oh, good.
我一直想让你们两个熟悉呢
I always wanted to get you two together.
她是我朋友中 我觉得你会喜欢的
剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表