剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表
早上好
Good morning.
科迪莉娅用道歉和借口敷衍了他一番
Cordelia put him off with apologies and excuses,
当他走后 她说 “还不行”
but when he was gone, she said, "Not yet."
“爸爸现在还不想见他”
"Papa doesn't want him yet."
查尔斯 我看宗教会是很大的问题
Charles, I see great church trouble ahead.
他们就不能让他平静地死去吗
Can't they even let him die in peace?
他们的平静有完全不同的意思
They mean something so different by peace.
这简直是暴行
It would be an outrage.
没人能说清楚 他这一辈子里
No one could have made it plainer in his life
对宗教的看法
what he thought of religion.
现在 他的意识模糊了 没有力气反抗的时候
They come to him now when his mind's wandering
他们过来了
and he hasn't the strength to resist
宣称他要做临终忏悔
and claim him as a death bed penitent.
到目前为止 我对他们的宗教还有点尊重
I've had some respect for their religion up to now,
但如果他们那么做
but if they do that,
那我就会知道 愚蠢的人们说的都是真的
then I'll know that what stupid people say is true,
那都是迷信和诡计
that it is all superstition and trickery.
你不同意吗 嗯
Don't you agree? Hmm?
我不知道 查尔斯 我就是不知道
I don't know, Charles. I simply don't know.
病重的几周过得很慢
The weeks of illness wore on,
全家人的生活与病人
and the life of the house kept pace
衰弱的状况保持步调一致
with the faltering strength of the sick man.
哦 嚯 哦 嚯 不 不
Oh, ho! Oh, ho, no, no.
太好了 我不相信
It's too good. I don't believe it.
我不-不…
I don't-don't-
科迪莉娅 你没有故意让我赢 对吧
Cordelia, you didn't let me win on purpose, did you?
当然没有 爸爸
Of course not, Papa.
威尔克斯说 画厅准备好了
Wilcox says the painted parlor's ready.
您真的想这么做吗
Do you really want to do this?
做什么 朱丽娅
What's that, Julia?
爸爸似乎今早跟威尔克斯说
Apparently Papa told Wilcox this morning
他想搬到画厅去
he wants to move to the painted parlor.
呃 我改变主意了
Well, I've changed my mind.
您为什么一定要搬呢
Why should you move?
您在这很舒服
You're comfortable here.
她要去哪
Where's she going?
她要去哪
Where's she going?
别担心 亚历克斯 她会回来的
Don't worry, Alex. She's coming back.
你想让我读报给你听吗
Do you want me to read to you?
不
No.
我要先报仇
I'll get my revenge first.
我猜 你想让白棋赢这一局
I suppose you want the whites to win this one.
二月末的一天 他叫了一辆汽车
Once, at the end of February, he called for a car
走到了北门前阶
and got as far as the north front steps.
然后他突然失去了乘车的兴趣
Then suddenly he lost interest in the drive.
不 现在不行
No, not now.
以后再说
Later.
夏天再说吧
Sometime... in the summer.
病重期越来越长 越来越频繁
The bad spells became longer and more frequent.
他分不清白天黑夜
Days and nights became indistinguishable to him.
(家里)请了一位护士
A nurse was engaged.
我可要好好诉诉苦
I have a very serious complaint to make,
科迪莉娅小姐
Lady Cordelia.
我从没见过这样的房♥间
I've never seen such a room,
我在哪都没见过
nothing like it anywhere in all my experience.
这样的条件下 我怎么可能
How can I possibly nurse his lordship
照顾好老爷
in conditions like this?
我一定要坚持让我的病人搬到
I must insist that my patient is moved
有热自来水
where there's running hot water,
和一张我可以躺躺的小床
a small, narrow bed that I can get round,
还有我自己的更衣室的房♥间
and a dressing room for myself.
那都是我习惯的东西
It's only what I'm used to.
对不起 护士
I'm sorry, Nurse.
我们试过 但这不可能
We have tried, but it's hopeless.
他不愿意搬
He won't be moved.
那我可不负责任
Then I can't answer for the consequences.
不久 就没有复原期了
Presently, there were no good spells,
在他的迅速衰退中只有片刻的起伏好转了
merely brief fluctuations in the speed of his decline.
布赖迪被叫回来了
Bridey was called back.
那是复活节假期
It was the Easter holidays,
贝瑞尔忙于照顾她的孩子
and Beryl was busy with her children.
他独自前来
He came alone.
爸爸必须见见神父
Papa must see a priest.
哦 布赖迪 你觉得他会见吗
Oh, Bridey, do you think he would?
我得让他同意
I shall see that he does.
我让麦凯神父明天就过来
I've just asked Father Mackay to come tomorrow.
我会亲自带他进来
I'll take him in myself.
尽管我们都没有提起
Although none of us had spoken of it,
但我感觉 在马奇曼侯爵
I felt the question ever present
病重的那几周 这个问题一直存在
through the weeks of Lord Marchmain's illness.
当科迪莉娅清晨
I saw it when Cordelia
开车去做弥撒时 我看到了
drove off early in the mornings to Mass.
当卡拉开始和她一起去时 我看到了
I saw it as Cara took to going with her.
现在 布赖兹赫德用他自己的冷酷方式
Now Brideshead, in his own ruthless way,
把这个问题甩在我们面前
had planted the problem down before us.
好吧 布赖兹赫德爵爷
Well, now, Lord Brideshead,
您觉得那位可怜的老人 现在准备好见我了吗
do you think the poor soul would be ready to see me?
我确定 神父
I'm sure, Father.
护士说他昨晚睡得很好
The nurse said he had a good night.
您跟我一起去吧
Would you care to come with me?
这些都好严肃
This is all so serious.
听着 “利埃维拉的四月活动”
Listen, "April events on the Riviera:".
“蒙特卡洛将会举办一次义卖♥♥集♥会♥
"There will be a fête in Monte Carlo,
瑞吉纳德·费洛斯女士组织了一次慈善晚会”
and Mrs. Reginald Fellows has organized a charity gala."
不知疲倦的老家伙
Indefatigable old bag!
我带麦凯神父来见您 爸爸
I've brought Father Mackay to see you, Papa.
谁
Who?
麦凯神父 爸爸
Father Mackay, Papa.
麦凯神父
Father Mackay.
你被带到这来 我恐怕
I'm afraid you've been brought here
这当中有误会
under a misapprehension.
我还没到要死的时候呢
I am not in extremis,
我也有25年
and I have not been
没参加过你们教会的活动了
a practicing member of your church for 25 years.
布赖兹赫德
Brideshead...
我觉得 你应该送麦凯神父出去
I think you should see Father Mackay out,
是不是
don't you?
继续读吧 亲爱的
Do go on reading, darling.
请吧 我的爱
Please, love.
“俄♥国♥的芭蕾舞季将在
"The Russian ballet season will open
马西涅先生的指导下开幕
"under the direction of Monsieur Massine,
《群花之争》将会在尼斯上演”
and the Battle of Flowers will take place at Nice."
神父 我只能向您道歉了
Father, I can only apologize.
可怜的老人
Poor soul.
听着 他看到了一张陌生的脸
Mark you, it was seeing the strange face.
就是这个原因
You may depend on it.
就是因为这个 陌生的不速之客
That's what it was: The unexpected stranger.
其实 我自己很能理解
Indeed I can understand it well myself.
抱歉 神父
I'm sorry, Father.
让您这么大老远过来
It's wretched to have brought you all this way.
千万别这么说 科迪莉娅小姐
Don't talk about it at all, Lady Cordelia.
唉 我在戈伯斯还被扔过瓶子呢
Why, I've had bottles thrown at me in the Gorbals.
给他点时间
Give him time.
我见过更糟糕的病人 最终优雅地死去
I've known worse cases make beautiful deaths.
现在 如果你们不介意
Now, if you'll excuse me,
我去看看霍金斯女士
I'll pay a visit to Mrs. Hawkins.
我会再打电♥话♥的
I'll call again.
为他祈祷
Pray for him.
您认识路吗 神父
Do you know your way, Father?
我认识
Indeed I do.
剧集 | 故园风雨后(1981) | 导航列表