剧集 | 纪录片.BBC.非洲之旅(2019) | 导航列表
资源,使当地居民陷入贫困。
resources, leaving local populations in poverty.
希望这一代人的情况会有所不同。
The hope is, things will be different for this new generation.
看看那,一列骆驼盐火车在一条崭新的衣索比亚道路上。
Look at that, a camel salt train on a brand-new Ethiopian road.
对我来说,这概括了这个地区现在所处的位置,
For me, this encapsulates where this region is right now,
关于他们是否可以从其他非洲人的错误中吸取教训
on whether they can learn from the mistakes that other African
在自然资源方面,各国过去曾取得过成就。
nations have made in the past, when it comes to their natural resources.
如果你真的想看看非洲是如何变化的,没有比这更好的了。
If you really want to see how Africa is changing, there's nowhere better
比衣索比亚的首都。
than Ethiopia's capital.
我来亚的斯亚贝巴。
I'd come to Addis Ababa.
在这个城市裡,无论我在哪裡看到,
Everywhere I look in this city,
似乎正在进行建筑工程。
there seems to be construction work going on.
看,那边有一个建筑工地。
Look, there's a building site over there.
那边还有一个。
There's another one over there.
亚的斯亚贝巴甚至建造了东非的第一个轻轨系统。
And Addis Ababa has even built East Africa's first light railway system.
就在那边。
Just over there.
这与衣索比亚的所有图像完全不同
This is completely different from all the images of Ethiopia
和我一起长大的。
that I grew up with.
当时,衣索比亚曾经是最贫穷的国家之一。
Back then, Ethiopia used to be one of the poorest countries
在世界上。
in the world.
它仍然得到援助,但这裡的许多人的生活有所改善。
It still receives aid, but life has improved for many people here.
今天,它拥有地球上增长最快的经济体之一。
Today, it's got one of the fastest-growing economies on the planet.
我即将被某人带在城市周围
I was about to be shown around the city by someone
有点特别。
a bit special.
我即将见到衣索比亚活着的传奇人物之一,
I'm about to meet one of Ethiopia's living legends,
海尔·格佈雷塞拉西,双奥♥运♥冠军,世界冠军,
Haile Gebrselassie, double Olympic champion, world champion,
很多人认为他是最伟大的长跑运动员
and a lot people see him as the greatest long distance runner
一直以来。实际上,我对此非常非常兴奋。
of all time. I'm very, very excited about this, actually.
你不是每天都能见到奥♥运♥金牌得主。
It's not every day that you get to meet an Olympic gold medallist.
嘿,你好,海尔!
Hey, hello, Haile!
很高兴认识你。
It's such a pleasure to meet you.
你好吗?我很好,你自己?非常非常好。
How are you? I'm good, yourself? Very, very good.
这太神奇了。今天,我是你的嚮导,你的导游。
This is amazing. Today, I'm your guide, your tour guide.
是的,你是我的导游!
Yes, you're my tour guide!
海尔只是被粉丝包围了。
Haile is just getting surrounded by fans.
他说他出去有点困难
He said it would be a little bit difficult for him to get out
在公众面前,你可以看到每个人都为他感到骄傲。
in the public, and you can see how proud everyone is of him.
海尔很早就开始了他的职业生涯。
Haile began his career early.
他每天要跑10公里去学校和回来。
He had to run 10km to school and back, every day.
他在十几岁时获得了一等奖。
He won his first prize when he was a teenager.
当我上九年级时,有一个比赛。
When I was in ninth grade, there was a competition.
有1500米。我不知道那有多远——1,500米。
There was a 1,500 metres. I didn't know how far is that - 1,500 metres.
我不知道跑了多少圈。
I didn't know how many laps.
我唯一知道的,就是离开,你知道,
And the only thing what I knew, was just to leave, you know,
很快从小组。
quickly from the group.
你甚至不知道你必须跑多少圈?
You didn't even know how many laps you had to run?
你只是跑得越快越好?是的,没错。我喜欢这个。
You just ran as fast as you could? Yeah, exactly. I love that.
我们在高海拔地区这样做。
And we're doing this at altitude.
海尔建造了一个博物馆,以收藏他的奖盃。
Haile's building a museum, to house his collection of trophies.
哦,我的日子!这些是你的奖盃?
Oh, my days! These are your trophies?
别担心,我们有足够的!
Don't worry, we have enough!
哇!看啊。
Wow! Look at that.
故事从这裡开始。
The story starts from there.
你的骄傲和喜悦?是的。这是我的第一个奖项。
Your pride and joy? Yes. This is my first prize.
当所有这些奖盃和奖牌都展示出来时
When all of these trophies, and the medals, are displayed
在这些橱柜里,你希望它们能激发下一个
in these cabinets, are you hoping they will inspire the next
衣索比亚人的一代?
generation of Ethiopians?
下一个海尔·格佈雷塞拉西?
The next Haile Gebrselassie?
我希望,不仅在田径领域,而且在其他领域。
I wish, not only in athletics, but other sectors.
当我带孩子们来这裡看这个时,我希望,你知道,
When I bring the kids here to see this, I hope, you know,
他们享受,同时,他们学到了一些东西
they enjoy, at the same time, they learn something
出这一成就。他们把他们的思想,你知道,哦,
out of this achievement. They put in their mind, you know, oh,
我希望,你知道,像海尔·格佈雷塞拉西一样,
I wish, you know, to be like Haile Gebrselassie,
不仅在跑步中。还有其他事情。
not only in running. There are other things.
所以,你参加了2000年悉尼奥♥运♥会?哦,是的,2000 年。我也是。
So, you competed in Sydney 2000? Oh, yeah, 2000. So did I.
我参加了2000年悉尼残奥会。你?
I competed in Sydney 2000 in the Paralympics. Did you?
好吧,怎麽样?好吗?太神奇了。你赢了?
OK, how was it? Was good? It was amazing. You won?
我们在最后几秒钟输给了美国。
We lost to the USA, in the last seconds.
我不需要问你——你当然赢了。我做到了,我做到了。
I don't need to ask you - you won, of course. I did, I did.
10,000。
The 10,000.
你为什麽决定回来住在亚的斯亚贝巴?
Why did you decide to come back and live in Addis?
因为很多明星,他们搬家,他们住在美国,
Because a lot of stars, they move and they live in America,
或者他们住在欧洲。因为这是我的国家。
or they live in Europe. Because this is my country.
你能改变你的母亲吗?
Can you change your mother?
那是你的母亲,不管她有多穷。
That's your mother, it doesn't matter how poor she is.
我很高兴,你知道,我是变化的一部分。
I'm happy, you know, I'm a part of, you know, the change.
和其他人一起,我们可以做很多事情。
With others, we can do a lot of things.
海尔把他在田径运动中赚到的钱投入了工作。
Haile has put the money he earned in athletics to work.
今天,他是衣索比亚最成功的企业家之一,
Today, he's one of Ethiopia's most successful entrepreneurs,
拥有2,300多名员工。
with over 2,300 employees.
他在该国一些最大的行业进行了投资,
He's got investments in some of the country's biggest industries,
比如咖啡、建筑和房♥产。
like coffee, construction, and property.
所有这些区域都是您的区域?是的。
All of this area is your area? Yes.
海尔为衣索比亚建造了这栋公♥寓♥楼
Haile's building this block of apartments for Ethiopia's
不断壮大的中产阶级。
growing middle classes.
就非洲而言,您认为亚的斯亚贝巴作为首都在哪裡,
In terms of Africa, where do you see Addis Ababa as a capital city,
在所有其他首府城市中?
amongst all the other capital cities?
这是海尔·格佈雷塞拉西的步伐,伙计!
This is the Haile Gebrselassie pace, man!
第二天早上,我前往亚的斯亚贝巴郊区。
The next morning, I headed to the outskirts of Addis.
我来这裡是为了瞭解更多关于是什麽在加油
I was here to find out more about what's fuelling
衣索比亚蓬勃发展的经济。
Ethiopia's booming economy.
就是这样的工厂,为西方消费者製造商品。
It's factories like this, making goods for Western consumers.
你好吗?我很好。很高兴认识你。
How are you? I'm fine. Lovely to meet you.
Esther Maguse负责切割部门。
Esther Maguse runs the cutting department.
一起来看看吧。
Let's have a look.
衣索比亚製造。通常,当我们在英国看衣服时,
Made in Ethiopia. Normally, when we look at clothes in the UK,
它通常说,“中国製造”或“印度製造”。
it usually says, "Made in China" or, "Made in India."
所以,对我来说,这是一个惊喜。
So, for me, this is a surprise.
这裡有1,500名工人,其中大多数是妇女。
There are 1,500 workers here, and most of them are women.
他们长时间工作,每周只赚45英镑。
They work long hours to earn just £45 a week.
他们製作的一双鞋可以卖♥♥得更多。
Just one pair of the shoes they make can sell for more than that.
这是...?手工缝纫部门。手工缝製?是的。
This is the...? Hand stitching department. Hand stitching? Yeah.
这项工作与您与家人所做的工作相比如何?
And how does this work compare to the work you did with your family?
这可能看起来像一个低薪的血汗工厂
This might look like a low-paid sweatshop
但是,与自给农业相比,这是一项相当不错的工作。
but, compared to subsistence farming, this is a pretty good job.
正是这样的工厂推动了繁荣
It was factories like this that powered the boom
在像中国这样的亚洲经济体中。
in Asian economies like China's.
中国和印度等国家使用製造业
Countries like China and India used manufacturing
成为超级经济体。
to become super economies.
也许这是衣索比亚朝这个方向迈出的第一步。
Maybe this is Ethiopia's first step in that direction.
中国企业开始利用优势
Chinese companies are starting to take advantage
这裡的廉价劳动力,实际上正在建立工厂
of the cheap labour here, and are actually setting up factories
在整个非洲,中国的投资带来了其他东西
across Africa, and Chinese investment has brought other things
到国家也是。
to the country too.
所以,这相当于欧洲之星。
So, this is, like, the equivalent of the Eurostar.
除了我们要从衣索比亚到吉布地。
Except we're going from Ethiopia to Djibouti.
谢谢。阿梅塞吉纳莱胡。
Thank you. Ameseginalehu.
看看这个全新的车站。
Look at this brand-new station.
地板很好,很新。中国製造的火车也是如此。
Floors nice and new. Chinese-built train as well.
这列火车对衣索比亚的工业梦想至关重要。
This train is vital for Ethiopia's industrial dream.
要成为真正的全球参与者,衣索比亚需要能够发货
To be a real global player, Ethiopia needs to be able to ship
它的商品在国外,但它是内陆的,所以它依赖
its goods abroad, but it's landlocked so it relies
在邻国吉布地的港口进行进出口。
on the port of neighbouring Djibouti for its exports and imports.
对不起,我又挡了你的路。你要去吉布地吗?
Sorry, I'm in your way again. Are you going to Djibouti?
你叫什麽名字?
What's your name?
如果你想和12个小时聊天,过来吧。还行!
If you want to chat with 12 hours to go, come over. OK!
非常准时,八点钟。
Very punctual, eight o'clock on the dot.
我们只是在离开。我最好安顿下来,
We're just moving off. I'd better settle in,
因为这是一个12小时的旅程,将近500英里。
because this is a 12 hour journey, almost 500 miles along.
该生产线完全电气化。
The line is fully electrified.
它从亚的斯亚贝巴向东北方向行驶,一直越过边境
It travels northeast from Addis, all the way across the border
剧集 | 纪录片.BBC.非洲之旅(2019) | 导航列表