1946年5月2日
不 啊
No! Ugh!
加州奥克兰
1978年
哇哦 这是什么
Oh wow. What is it
她是东部浅水蜥蜴 它们可以长到4英尺
She's an eastern water dragon.They can grow up to 4ft.
你们可以摸摸 她叫茱丽叶
You can touch her.Her name's Juliet.
她咬过你吗
Has she ever bitten you
这一口应该是给罗密欧的
That was supposedto be for Romeo.
他很讨厌 就像大多数男朋友一样
He can be annoying, likemost boyfriends.
拜托 妈妈 我们能去吗
Please, Mommy, can we go
亲爱的 7岁太小了 不适合参加反核游♥行♥
Sweetie, 7 is too young to begoing to an anti-nuclear march.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
你把狗放出来了吗
Did you let the puppies out
不好意思 女士 你有蠕虫吗
Excuse me, ma'am.Do you have worms
我们用来喂蜥蜴 -他们叫洛基和T先生
They're for our dragons.They're called Rocky and Mr T.
他们喜欢吃什么样的 干的还是活的
What do they like the most -dried or alive and wriggly
我们那边都有
We have both just along here.
问题不是这个
It's not about that;
问题在于那些砍伐我们森林的人
it's about the men cutting downour forests.
你知道他们在做什么吗
Don't you knowwhat they're doing
宝贝 谁告诉你这些的 -乔蒂说的
Honey, who told you that- Jodie did.
你知道地球上有多少人口吗
Do you know how manypeople live on the planet
额 不知道
Uh, yes, no.
44亿
4.4 billion.
暴雨宠物店 -太多了
Rainin' Cats and Dogs.- That's too many.
有什么可以效劳
How can I help you
对 我们有的 直到今天五点 好的
Uh, yes, we have that.Till... 5 today. OK.
妈妈 你看 小狗尿尿了
Mommy, look.He's done a peepee.
哦 宝贝
Oh, sweetie.
乔蒂 你能帮帮马丁内斯夫人吗
Jodie, could you please helpMrs Martinez
等你忙完了 能去喂一下鸟吗
And when you're done,can you start feeding the birds
宝贝 请让小狗待在笼子里好吗
Honey, please leave the puppiesin their pens, OK
啊
Aw.
帮帮忙 朱尔斯
Help! Jules
你在干什么
What are you doing
有个孩子打开了笼子
One of thekids opened the cage.
伯蒂又跑出来了 我的手够不到
Damn Bertie got out again.Can't get my arm under.
他太靠后面了
He's way at the back.
你欠我个大人情
You so owe me.
对 他就在那后面 -嗯 我能看到 等等
Yeah, he's right at the back.- Yeah, I can see him. Hang on.
抓到了
Got him.
过来
Come here.
哦 -啊 他只是只老鼠
Oh.Aw, he's just a rat.
也是个小可爱 -把它关起来
A cutie too.Just put him away.
总有一天 你会遇见大蟒蛇的 伯蒂
One day, you'll findthe pythons, Bertie,
那样就没好下场了
and that won't end well.
她现在在哪儿 我们真的得再找个保姆了
Where is she now We've really gotta find another sitter.
是啊 说得好像我们雇得起
Yeah, like we canafford that
你看到银行寄来的的信了吗
You saw the letterfrom the bank
不会又透♥支♥了吧
Not overdrawn again
我会去看看 我们能找到办法的
I'll go see them.We'll find a way.
妈妈 我想雷吉吃掉了他的兄弟
Mom I think Reggie'seaten his brother.
该你去了 我处理了狗狗
Your turn. I did the puppy.
我处理了老鼠 -你才没有
I did the rat.- You did not!
噢 雷吉 你个坏蝾螈
Oh, Reggie. You bad axolotl.
呃
Ew.
蜥蜴的胳膊和腿呢
Where's the lizard'sarms and legs
我想在雷吉肚子里 亲爱的
I'm guessing inside Reggie,sweetie.
啊 真恶心 -他不是蜥蜴
Ugh, that's gross.- He's not a lizard.
他是两栖动物 就像一些最远古 最凶狠的恐龙
He's an amphibian, like some ofthe oldest, baddest dinosaurs.
他为什么这样做
Why did he do that
嗯 饥饿 领地
Mm, hungry, territorial.
或者水质变化 他们会很敏感
Or the water change.They can be sensitive,
因为他们靠皮肤呼吸 你看
cos they breathe throughtheir skin. Look.
黏糊糊的
So slimy.
你知道 如果我们把他从水里拿出来
You know, if we took himout of the water,
他会变成蝾螈 在陆地上狩猎
he would turn into a salamanderand hunt on land.
他会猎杀什么
What would he hunt
不知道 任何会移♥动♥的东西
I don't know.Anything that moves.
好了
K.
该死的过滤器又坏了
Damn filter'sgone again.
走吧 我们去告诉爸爸 看他能不能修好
Come on. Let's go tell Daddyand see if he can fix it.
你要来吗 -嗯哼
You wanna comeMm-hm.
好
OK.
多谢
Thanks a lot.
不好意思 先生 我们打烊了
Oh, I'm sorry, sir.We're closed.
我找本·亚当斯 -我就是 我能帮你什么忙
I'm looking for Ben Adams.- That's me. How can I help
阿莫斯·蒂尔伯里
Amos Tilbury.
我想和聊聊你母亲的事
I wanted to talk to youabout your mother.
本的母亲几个月前去世了
Uh, Ben's mother passedaway a few months ago.
我知道 我很抱歉
I know. My apologies.
我的搭档是她的律师
My partner was her lawyer...
后来他中风了 可怜的家伙
before his stroke - poor guy.
我一直在查看他的旧档案
Um, I've been trying togo through his old files,
不过如果现在不方便 我可以下次再来
but if now is inconvenient,I can come back.
不 额
No, uh...
抱歉 这位是我妻子 朱尔斯
I'm sorry.This is my wife, Jules.
嗨 -嗨
Hi.- Hi.
你想过来坐下聊吗
Uh, do you wanna come through and sit
当然
Sure.
抱歉这里有点乱
Excuse the mess.
我们住在楼上的公♥寓♥里
Uh, we live in the apartment above.
本正在装♥修♥楼上的厨房♥
Ben's renovatingthe kitchen upstairs.
加州大学戴维斯分校 我听说这是个好课程
UC Davis.I hear it's a good programme.
对 兽医学校的最后一年
Yeah. Last year of vet school.
最重要的是 压力有点大
It's a bit stressful on top of everything else,
不过我们希望宠物店可以增开一家诊所
but we are hoping to open a practice as part of the store.
嗯 -对
Hm.- Yeah.
你说要聊聊我母亲的档案
Um, you said something about my mother's files.
是的 我不认识你母亲
Yeah, I... I didn'tknow your mother.
还有她档案里的一切都井井有条
And, uh, everything in her file appears to be in order.
不过我在清空一些箱子时
There was, however,an old deed I came across
发现有一个旧房♥契归档不正确
emptying some boxes that had been filed incorrectly.
是俄勒冈州的一处沿海房♥产
It's for a coastal property in Oregon.
我母亲没有任何房♥产
My mother never had property anywhere.
嗯 -那里肯定没有
Mm.- Certainly not up there.
房♥契是1935年的 上面是你父亲的名字
Well, it's from 1935,in your father's name.
他在大萧条末期买♥♥下了
He bought land on the Oregon coast
俄勒冈海岸的一块地
at the end of the Depression,
一个叫霍比特湾的小地方
little place called Hobbit's Bay.
从没听说过
Never heard of it.
这样的事怎么会被忽视这么久
How did something like this get overlooked for so long
那时我们公♥司♥还没成立
Well, it was before our firm's time, and...
我们的档案上没有你母亲拥有它的记录
well, we had no record on file of your mother ever owning it.
不过房♥子已经被她继承了
But it would have passed on to her.
看起来是你父亲去世后 它就被遗忘了
Looks like it got forgotten after your father's death.
这是不是有点奇怪
Isn't that a little bit strange I mean,
人们一般不会忘记自己拥有的地盘吧
people don't normally forget about a place they own, do they
有些家庭藏着秘密
Well, some families have secrets.
你会惊讶于人们在亲人去世后
You'd be surprised at what people find out
所发现的东西
after a loved one dies.
在我的一生中 她从未提起过这件事
In all my life, she neveronce mentioned this.
这些我能留着吗 -当然
Can I keep all of this Of course.
我很感激你过来一趟
I appreciate you coming by.
听着 我不是想打听
Look- Look,I don't mean to pry.
我还发现了另外一件事
There was one other thing I found.
你知道你父亲发生了什么吗
Are you aware of what happened to your father
他和我姐姐在我出生前出车祸去世了
He and my sister died in a car accident just before I was born.
怎么了
Why
根据这个来看
Well, according to this,
他们失踪的时候正在霍比特湾游泳