“人只有通过邪恶违法的手段才能获得权力”——尼科洛·马基雅弗利
我最亲爱的教友
My dearest parish,
初学者和独行者们…
first-timers, and fellow mavericks ...
你们知道吗 自从我能拿起相机以来
did you know, ever since I could hold a camera,
我就想成为一名电影制♥作♥人
I wanted to be a filmmaker?
指导惊魂
我至今做过的最大胆的事
Before today, the bravest thing I ever did
奥克兰自♥由♥电影节制片人见面 限受邀者
就是偷溜进电影院看电影
was sneak into the movies.
有一次我带了家人去
One time I brought my family.
我告诉他们我付过钱了
Told them I already paid.
我把他们带到了我新发现的
I led them to the back door pearly gates
圣地的后门
of my new house of worship.
结果被现场抓包了
And was caught.
那种羞耻感让我无法忍♥受
The shame was unbearable.
但有时候 你是真没钱
And, well, sometimes you just don't have the money.
这让我想起了我的新电影导师
This reminds me of a revelation
他教会了我一个道理
my new film mentor taught me:
“你的艺术眼光会证明”
how your artistic vision justifies
“你所有的牺牲和可能的后果都是值得的”
any supposed consequences and sacrifices.
伟大的电影导演沃纳·赫尔佐格总结道
It's summed up by that great film director, Werner Herzog:
“如果你需要呼吸空气而你又被锁在房♥间里”
"If you need air to breathe, and you are locked in a room,
“你必须用凿子和锤子来打破一堵墙”
"you have to take a chisel and hammer and break down a wall.
“这是你的绝对权利”
"It is your absolute right."
挣扎也是我绝对的权利
And it's my absolute right to hustle.
我只是需要一个导师来指导我拍电影
I just needed a mentor, a guide, to help make my movie,
阅读我的剧本
read over my screenplay.
一个制片人就可以
A producer will do just fine.
我通常会这样开口…
I usually start with ...
詹姆斯•瓦格纳 对吧?
James Wagner, right?
“嗨我是一个有抱负的电影制♥作♥人”
"Hi, I'm an aspiring filmmaker.
“我给你办公室打过电♥话♥ 但没人回复我”
I called your office, but no one's gotten back to me.
“只要能拍我的第一部电影 我愿意做任何事”
"I will do anything to make my first feature."
一艘生病的船要去哪里才能好起来?
Where does a sick boat go to get better?
码头啊
(码头的英语与医生同音)
The dock
码头嘛
Like, the dock?
就那个 码头 医生 都是一个词儿
Doc, dock, D-O-C, D-O-C-K.
妈妈说过会有人看不起我
Mama warned me against the abuse,
我会很痛苦 更不用说要面对的压力和背叛
the affliction, nevermind the burden and betrayal.
我告诉自己这是必要的过程
I told myself it was all part of the game.
我很乐意为你工作
I'd love to come work for you.
太好了
That's great.
我会联♥系♥你的
I'll be in touch.
我的蓝天消失了
And my blue skies vanished.
被一阵熟悉的风暴一卷而空
Brushed out by the strokes of a familiar storm.
我再一次在这个世界上一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
And again I'm naked in the world.
桃子小姐
Miss Peach
够了
Enough
我的妈呀
Holy Jesus
请把你的悲惨人生经历精简一下
Please streamline your sob story.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我只是刚刚发现…
I just got caught up in the fact that...
看在上帝的爱和一切神圣之物的份上
For the love of God and all that is holy,
你能不能直接讲述你是如何遇到你的偶像
please get to the part where you meet your idol
和你的新导师 克莱尔·亚当斯的
and newly found mentor, Claire Adams
别忘了那个重要的细节
Don't forget that one important detail.
什么?
Sir?
重要的细节?
One important detail?
你能相信吗?
Can you believe this?
乔治亚小姐问什么是那一个重要的细节
Miss Georgia asking about the one important detail.
现在我周围都是白♥痴♥
I'm surrounded by idiots, I tell you.
我妈妈总是说 如果要去一个重要的地方
My mama always said you need a guide
你就需要一个向导
to get anywhere of importance.
我的脑子整天都在嗡嗡响 思考着答案
My mind droned until the end of days
就像初夏的知了
for a solution, like them cicadas in early summer.
但天意让我偶然发现了
By providence, I chanced upon
我们世纪的下一位伟大女导演
the next great female director of our century.
上帝啊
Good God.
这一世纪?
Of your century?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
女士 我很抱歉
Ma'am, I'm sorry.
没关系
No worries.
“没关系”
"No worries."
该死的加拿大人入侵了
Damn Canadians taking over.
别再追忆往事了
Enough with the reminiscing.
你要赎金吗?
You want ransom?
我没有钱
I have nothing.
我的家人?
My family?
也没有
Nothing.
清算之日即将到来
A reckoning's a-coming.
那句话不是澳大利亚人说的吗?
I think that, well, wasn't it the Australians that said that?
澳大利亚人 新西兰人 英国人
Australians, Kiwis, English,
都是崇拜女王的蠢货
stupid Queen worshipers all the same.
英联邦的下层民众
Commonwealth lowlifes.
女士 我很抱歉
Ma'am, I'm sorry.
没关系
No worries.
我的祈祷应验了
My prayers answered,
这是决定我一生的时刻
this was my life-defining moment.
我跑过去对她说
I ran to her and said:
我看到你的电影的时候
When I watch your films,
我就知道在这个世界上我并不孤单
I know I'm not alone in the world.
我想这应该是你的
I believe these are yours.
你是在哪里…
Where did you...
你不仅鼓舞了我
And you are an inspiration not just to me,
还鼓舞了所有女性电影人
but to all female filmmakers.
这对我来说意义重大
Well, that means a lot to me.
很高兴见到你
It was really nice to meet you.
对不起 我有一个重要的会议
I'm sorry, I have an important meeting.
亚当斯小姐
Miss Adams
我想制♥作♥我自己的电影
I want to make my own feature films.
我算是个编剧
I'm a screenwriter of sorts.
我只是…
I just ...
我需要一点帮助
I need a little help,
我需要有人读我的剧本并给我建议
someone to read my work and give advice.
我需要一个导师
I need a mentor.
不好意思 我现在正忙于前期制♥作♥和融♥资♥
Sorry, I'm in pre-production and busy with funding.
连约翰·福特都有一位导师
Even John Ford had a mentor.
他确实在三k党电影中扮演了三k党人
Well, he did play a Klansman in that KKK film.
但是一个种族主义的角色
Bah, a racist character doesn't translate
并不代表演员也是种族主义者
into a racist actor.
看到了吗 我就不知道这些事情
See, I don't know these things.
就今天一天可以吗?
Look, how about just today?
你的独♥立♥勇气奖是8点颁发 对吧?
Your Independent Courage Award is at 8:00, right?
从现在到那时为止也可以呀?
From now to then?
狗屎
Well, shit.
那叫独♥立♥勇敢奖
And it's the Independent Bravery Award.
亚当斯小姐 你能读一下我的剧本吗?
And Miss Adams, will you read my screenplay?
拜托了 亚当斯小姐
Please, Miss Adams.
经典台词:你能读一下我的剧本吗?
Classic: will you read my screenplay?
你是不是忘了什么事情?
Aren't you forgetting one eensy teensy bit?
是吗?
Yes?
拜托
Come on.
你玩的什么把戏?
What's your play?
一切都在有序进行
Everything's in order.
你担心赶不到那个8点的颁奖典礼吗?
Is that 8:00 p.m. deadline eating away at you?
看到了吗?
See?
就在这里 他说我写的东西很烂
Right here he says my writing is terrible,
说我没有创造戏剧冲突
that I have no conflict.
傻♥逼♥ 他们都是傻♥逼♥
Idiots, the lot of them.
你能相信吗?
Can you believe it?
天啊 我讨厌审稿人
God, I hate script readers
电影精选列表