好了 欢迎回来 上周我们谈到
Okay, welcome back. Last week we were talking about
从你出生起吃的那些东西
some of the stuff that you are fed from the time you were born
我们接受的事实就是事实
and the, the facts that we accept
且我们不会停下
as facts and we never stop and go.
等等 真的是这样吗
Wait a second, um, is that true?
我们不会停下并且尝试突破禁锢去思考
We never stop and try to think outside the box
尝试以自♥由♥思想家的身份过着我们的生活
and try to live our lives as free thinkers.
我们就像被编程的机器人一样生活着
We're living our lives as programmed robots.
我知道 有点戏剧化 但也是事实
Uh, I know, it's a little dramatic, but it's true, too.
你多久会停下来质疑一下身边的事物
How often do you stop and question the things around you
然后突破禁锢去思考一次
and just try to think outside the box?
那么 聊回到地球中空论
Um, so, uh, jumping back into Hollow Earth Theory.
1692年 名叫艾德蒙·海利的
1692, an astronomer named
天文学家说地球是空心的
Edmond Halley says the Earth is hollow.
真是这样吗
Wow! It is?
是的 也许是这样 事实上
Yes, it is. It may, in fact..
快看 很好的旧吉他
Oh, look at that. Nice old guitar.
是的 就放在我叔叔的阁楼里积灰
Yes, it's just been sitting in my uncle's attic collecting dust.
我清洗了一下 我是说 看起来不错
I clean it up a little bit. I mean, it looks good.
-它有点 -我知道 我知道
It's got, like, a little.. - Yeah. Yeah.
小巧
Minor..
我知道 我意思是 品相不错
Yeah, I mean, it's a.. You know, it's in good shape.
-这是古董 -是古董 是银石吉他
- It's an antique. - It is an antique. It's a Silvertone guitar.
在你叔叔那年代这属于廉价吉他
This was a, a sort of a cheap guitar back when they were around.
是百货商场里卖♥♥的那种凯吉他
Almost a department-store guitar. Like a Kay guitar.
-真的吗 -你知道凯吉他吗
- Really? - You know, a Kay guitar?
他们在西尔斯卖♥♥
They sell 'em at Sears.
-是吗 -对 品相挺不错的
- Oh. Really? - So, yeah. I mean, it's in, it's in pretty good shape.
我总是吹嘘这把吉他
I always bragged about this guitar.
但它只是 我觉得它是
But it was just a.. I thought it was..
你知道 如果没有人与它
Well, you know, it doesn't, it doesn't have to be
有一段非常妙的关系的话
a great guitar for someone to have
他就不是一把伟大的吉他
a...an amazing relationship with it.
-你懂我意思吧 -差不多
- Do you know what I mean? - I guess, yeah.
考虑到这不是一把昂贵的吉他
So given that it was not ever an expensive guitar
虽然它很古老 但它
though it's aged okay. Uh, it's not..
这是个商机市场 你知道吗 我是说
It's a niche market, you know? I mean,
我得给它找个买♥♥家
I have to find a buyer for this guitar.
你这里面是什么
What do you got in here?
我有一些崭新的靴子 事实上
I have some brand-new boots. Actually..
-墨西哥手工制♥作♥的 -靴盒里的靴子
- From.. Made, hand-made in Mexico. - Boots in the boot-box.
对 它们是 我觉得它们
Yeah. They're like.. I think they're
挺不错的 挺新的
These are nice. That's a good brand.
可惜 不是很新 对吧
Yeah. Yeah. Oh! Nope. Not quite brand new. Huh?
我试穿过
I tried 'em on.
喂 小声点 叫你呢
Hey, hey, hey, hey!
该死 我只是
Oh. Yeah. Oh, shit! Just.. I was..
-我有顾客在 -我知道
- I got a customer. - Yeah.
我是说 我知道你待了耳机 但是
I mean, I mean, I know you got the earphones in, but you know,
你的嘴还是在发出声音
your mouth still makes the noises.
对不起 对不起 他
Sorry. I'm sorry. That's..
他有毛病 好了 这样吧
He's got a problem. Okay. So..
我能给你 怎么说呢
I can give you, let's say..
两个东西一百美元怎么样
How about a 100 bucks for both of 'em?
-这是很好的价格了 -是吗
- It's a good price. We're the, we're.. - Yeah?
你想自己卖♥♥吗
You're gonna try to sell this by yourself?
你能拿这些靴子怎么办
What are you gonna do with these boots?
-确实 -它们确实很棒 但被穿过
- Yeah. - They, they.. I mean, they're nice, but they were used.
-你需要钱 对吧 -是的
- You need the money, right? - Yeah. Yeah.
-怎么说 -行吧 我是说
- What do you say? - Okay. Yeah. I mean..
行了 拿去吧 进账一百元
Yeah. There you go. Hundred dollars richer.
等等 我们来写下材料
Hold on. Let's just do our paperwork.
能给我你的驾照吗
Can you give me your driver's license?
给那孩子看看他能做点什么不
I'll give it to the kid to see if he can do some work.
可以 当然可以
Yeah. Sure.
谢谢
Thank you. Hey.
在这上面X的地方签字
You just sign that top X here.
你不是在耍我吧
You're not screwing me?
-我没耍你 -那好吧
- I'm not screwing you. - Okay.
-本 -我相信你
- Ben. - I trust you.
-保重 -好的 谢谢
- Take care, man. - Alright, thanks.
-生意兴隆 -好 好 你也是
- Good doing business. - Yeah. Yeah, yeah. You, too.
感谢
Hey. Appreciate it.
没事
Yeah. Yeah. You got it.
谢谢
Thanks.
梅尔
Mel.
你来啦 有啥事 吉米
There he is. What's up, Jimmy?
没什么事 无糖的 你喜欢的
Nothin' much, man. Unsweet, just like you like.
谢了 伙计 那么谁在看店
Thank you, buddy. So who's watching the store?
你就敞开大门离开了吗
You just leave it open over there?
当然了 老兄 我把登记簿也打开了
Oh, man. Of course, I did. Left the register open, too.
让空气流通 就像你付保险费时一样
Let it air out. That's what you do when you pay your insurance.
-是啊 -介意我充会儿电吗 伙计
- Yeah. - You mind if I charge this thing up, man?
不介意 等下 马上
Sure, man. Hold on. Right here.
你这插头放的真尴尬
Awkwardly-placed plug.
差点和南方油炸混在一起
Almost ended up with Southern-fried iPhone.
你不会想吃的
You know you don't want that.
看看这玩意儿
Look at this thing.
它很旧 不是个好吉他
It's old and was never a good guitar,
但现在 它是把古董吉他了
but now, it's a, it's an antique amazing guitar.
这 你得
Ugh! That, uh.. You gotta be..
整天都这样 我习惯了
All day. All day. I get this, man.
这样是怎么找到工作的
How do I get a job like that?
你可以来 你需要这工作吗
You might have it. You need a job like that?
想要吗
You want it?
我去 我去看看登记簿上有什么
Let me, Le... let me see what's left in the register.
-去吧 -我把手♥机♥留这里
- Okay. -I'm gonna leave this here.
可以 伙计 这茶我欠你多少钱
Okay, man. How much I owe you for the tea?
-就记在我账上吧 -行吧 行吧
- Ah, just put it on my tab. - Alright. Alright.
你知道我看上了后面那个军号♥
You know I got my eye on that bugle in the back.
好的 那军号♥上有你的名字 伙计
Oh, yeah. That bugle's got your name on it, buddy.
谢了
Thanks.
梅尔 需要我把这东西拿到后面去放吗
Hey, Mel, you, um, you want me to take that stuff back to holding?
-你是说这东西吗 -是的
- You mean this stuff? - Yeah.
不用了 显然我能搞定
No, I got it, apparently.
行吧 我来 我来搞文书工作
Alright. I'll just.. I'll fill out the paperwork.
对啊 你不如搞搞文书工作
Yeah, why don't you fill out the paperwork?
好的
Okay.
那是靴子和吉他吗
Is that boots and a guitar.
那是什么吉他啊
What kind of guitar is it?
好吧
Okay.
CCJ 洗车行
门锁了吗
Is the door locked?
-有人吗 -有人吗
- Hello? - Hello?
有人吗
Hello.
看起来和之前完全一样
It looks exactly the same.
你好 伙计
Uh.. Hi, guy.
那是我爷爷 乔 在我爸爸旁边
That's my papa, Joe. Next to my daddy.
-他们看起来就像双胞胎 -不会吧
- They look like twins. - No way!
-什么 -他说他戒烟了
- What? - He said he quit.
真恶心 那是口香糖吗
Ew! Is that gum?
是的 那是他的招牌动作
Well, yeah. That's his signature move. Hm.
我们以前去餐馆的时候 他会点一份餐
We used to go out to restaurants, he'd order a meal
然后把口香糖拿出来 放在盘子上
he'd take it out and put it right on the plate.
然后他吃完正餐又把口香糖放回嘴里
And then he'd eat his meal and then put it right back in.
快看你多可爱啊
Look how.. Cute you are!
我真为你感到骄傲
Oh, I'm so proud of you.
那是在迪迪姑妈的农场
Oh, that was at my Aunt Dee-dee's ranch.
宝贝 知道我们为什么
Mm-hmm. Sweetie, see why we gotta..
我知道 看看她多可爱
I know. Look how cute she is.
看到这些东西是不是很奇怪
电影精选列表