不用 我不是来看孩子的
No, it's not the children that I came to see.
那你要进来吗
Would you like to come in?
不用 你忙你的
No. I won't keep you.
上次士兵欢送会后我就没见过奥古斯都了
I don't think I've seen Augustus since the soldiers' leaving party.
这都三个月了
And that was three months ago.
医嘱要求一个安静的环境
The doctor has prescribed peace and quiet.
那都是六个月前的事了 自此没人见过他
But that was six months ago and no-one's seen him since.
我可不这么觉得 不是吗
Oh, I don't think that's entirely true, is it?
人们总喜欢夸大其词 他也不完全窝在家里
People do love to exaggerate. He's hardly housebound.
相信我 没什么好担心的
Please, take it from me, there is nothing to worry about.
感到压力大不是什么见不得人的事
There's no shame in feeling the pressure
现在林内特小姐不在 只有你一个人管理
now you have to manage without Miss Linnet.
我完全有能力一个人管好克里克大厅
I am perfectly capable of running Crickley Hall myself.
我不是担心你
It's not you I'm worried about.
是格兰格医生叫你来的吗
Did Doctor Grainger send you?
但愿他没有泄露病人的隐私
I hope he hasn't broken a patient's confidence.
不 我是以朋友的身份来关心一下的
No. I came as a concerned friend.
如果你怀疑我哥哥的精神状况有问题
If you want to cast aspersions on my brother's state of mind,
你应该通过官方渠道来验证
you'll have to do that through official channels
少拿友情做掩护
and not under the cover of friendship.
没人要指控他
No-one's accusing him of anything.
几周前我看到珀西·贾德从后面鬼鬼祟祟溜进来
I saw Percy Judd skulking in the back for the first time in weeks.
他和他的女友林内特小姐跟我们有仇
He and his girlfriend Miss Linnet have a vendetta against us.
如果能跟他说几句话
It would put my mind at rest
我的顾虑就会打消了
I could just have a couple of words with him.
我跟你说了这不可能
I told you why that's not possible.
再见
Good day.
我不知道要说什么了
I had no idea.
奥古斯都 这种行为不用你来处理
Augustus, you shouldn't have to deal with this kind of behaviour.
这些孩子 他们需要特殊的照顾
These children, they need specialist care.
我觉得我可以让他们改过自新
I thought I could reform them.
这就是你一直避着我们的原因吗
Is this why you've been avoiding us?
我没有履行好我的职责 无颜见上帝
I couldn't face God whilst I failed in my duty.
你对自己太苛刻了
You're too hard on yourself.
我周日应该会到教堂去
I shall be in church on Sunday.
- 这会让你变得更坚强 - 没错
- It will make you stronger. - Yes.
不许妄加评论我
You don't judge me!
如果你不想在监狱度过余生的话
You'd best make preparations to leave this place.
最好准备离开这里
If you don't want to end up in jail.
你好
Hello.
对 是我
Yes, it is.
对 抱歉 这里没有手♥机♥信♥号♥♥
Yeah. No, sorry, mobiles don't work here.
有什么事
What is it?
是
Yeah.
是的
Yes.
什么时候
When?
在哪
Where?
没事 我能...
Yeah. I can, er...
我几小时后就到
be there in a couple of hours.
谢谢
Thank you.
他们在水渠...找到了一具尸体
They've found a body... in the canal.
衣服符合我们对他的描述
And the clothes match his description.
我得去确认一下
I have to go and identify him.
- 不会是他的 - 我得走一趟
- It's not him. - I have to go.
我想回家
I want to go home.
先别告诉女儿们 等我们确定了再说
Not with the girls. Not till we know.
我得走了
I'll go.
我这就走 我会从伦敦给你打电♥话♥
I'll go and I'll call you from London
到时候我们一起告诉她们结果
and we'll tell them together.
也许不是他
Maybe it's not him.
盖比 这是我的错 跟你没关系
Gabe, this is my fault. It's not yours.
当时我不在
I wasn't there.
我发誓再也不会让你失望了 我发誓
I promise you I will never let you down again. I promise.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
去工作
Work.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
遵命
Yes!
- 我不喜欢他 - 为什么
- I don't like him. - Why's that?
孩子们都不喜欢他
The children don't like him.
小孩子也不是永远都对的
Well, children aren't always right about everything.
他们都不喜欢他
None of them like him.
没人喜欢欺凌弱小的人
No-one likes bullies.
问问你姐姐
Ask your sister.
爸爸什么时候回来
When's Daddy going to be back?
很快
Soon.
我在这呢
I'm here.
我等他回来再睡
I'm staying awake until he gets back.
我就在走廊的另一边
I'm just across the hall.
不要睡着了
Don't go to sleep.
我保证
I promise.
他们怎么没叫我们吃晚餐
Why haven't they called us for dinner?
都是你的错
It's your fault.
门开着
Door was open.
以前就老这样
Up to its usual tricks.
古斯 古斯
Gus? Gus?!
鞋子丢了 袜子也没找到
The shoes are missing. So are the socks.
我们推测是水流把它们冲走了
We have to assume that the currents took them.
尸体在溺水前没有施暴的痕迹
There are no signs of violence to the body before drowning.
看来是一场意外
It seems like it was an accident.
没人伤害他
No-one hurt him.
- 这些都是他的 - 你确定吗
- They're his. - You're absolutely sure?
我很遗憾 盖比
I'm so sorry, Gabe.
他在哪
Where is he?
如果你很确定 就不用见尸体了
If you're sure. You don't need to do it.
我得看看他
I need to see him.
他在水里泡了很久
He's been in the water.
如果我没有亲眼见到他 她是不会相信的
She won't believe it if I don't see him!
你不必这么做 你认不出他的
You don't have to do this to yourself. You won't recognise him.
就看看他的小指 只看小指就好了
Just his little finger. That's all I need to see.
让我出去
Let me out of here!
去睡觉吧
Go to sleep.
盖比
Gabe?
不
No!
是他 亲爱的
It's him, love.
我亲眼确认过了
I've seen him.
你一直是好孩子 莫里斯
You've always been a good boy, Maurice.
你是想跟那些孩子们一起
Do you want to be with the children...
还是想跟着我
or do you want to be with me?
我想跟着你 先生
I want to be with you, sir.
那就帮我把他找出来
Then help me find him.
我真的很遗憾
I can't tell you how sorry I am.
关于鬼的事 你错了
You're wrong about ghosts.
他们真的存在 还能与我们沟通
They do exist and they do communicate with us.
但只是为了作弄你
But only so they can play sick games.
喝点东西吧 怎么样
Let's make a drink, shall we?
好让你在他回家前睡着
Help you sleep until he gets home.
我答应过我会一直醒着的
I promised I'd stay awake.
我爱你 爸爸
I love you, Daddy!
你要是真关心你的孩子们 就赶快带她们回家
If you care about your children, you'll take them home.
我爱你
I love you.
你有镇定剂吗
Do you have sedatives?
我正努力戒掉它
I've only just managed to wean myself off.
就没随身带点吗
You didn't bring any with you?
跟你说过了 我不想睡觉
I told you, I don't want to sleep.
好吧 当然了 我理解你
Yes, of course. I understand.
我们边等边聊天
We'll just stay and chat.
对此我无能为力
That can't be helped, I'm afraid.
对此我无能为力
That can't be helped, I'm afraid.
你会被绞死的 古斯
You'll hang, Gus!