我只是想问下你是否接到过...
I just wondered if you got any er...
请你为林内特小姐写推荐信的电♥话♥
any call to write any reference letter for Miss Linnet?
我希望南茜已经意识到她的职业生涯与儿童无缘
I expect Nancy has realised her vocation does not lie with children.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我有办法把孩子们从克里克大厅解救出来了
I've had an idea how I can get the children out of Crickley Hall,
但我不会写下来
but I won't put it in writing.
我不想给你带来麻烦
I don't want to get you into trouble.
总有一天 一切都会结束
One day, this will all be over.
当我们回首往事时会惊讶
We'll look back and wonder how people
人们怎么可以对彼此如此残忍♥
could ever have been so cruel to each other.
我们会有自己的孩子 我们会很爱很爱他们
We'll have our own children and we'll smother them with love.
你会成为最棒的父亲
You'll make the most wonderful father.
嘿 斯特凡
Hey, Stefan.
你不能来这 快走吧
You're not supposed to be here. Go away.
我们都记得南茜
We all remember Nancy.
她说她会救我们出去 然后就没影了
She said she was going to get us out of here and then she ran away.
我们不该跟你说话的
We're not supposed to talk to you.
你上来干吗
What are you doing up here?
我在找玛格达
I was looking for Magda.
你知道你不可以来这
You know you're not allowed.
是的 抱歉 我忘了
Yes. Sorry, I forgot.
我得汇报给柯瑞本兄妹
I'll have to tell the Cribbens.
那样的话 我可能会被开除
Yeah, well, you do that, they'll most likely fire me.
对此我无能为力
That can't be helped, I'm afraid.
回到楼下去
Get back downstairs.
你已经习惯发号♥施令了 是吧
You're used to giving orders 'round here, in't ya?
对这些只有你一半高的孩子们
To kids half your size.
你动不了我
You can't touch me.
玛格达
Magda!
你以为南茜走了 一切就恢复原样了吗
You think because Nancy's gone, it's back to business as usual?
你给我听好了
I got news for you.
她没做完的事我接着来
I'm taking over where she left off.
告诉你哥哥 我盯着他呢
Tell your brother I've got my eyes on him.
他再敢动孩子们一下 我就让他脑袋开花
He touches those kids again, I'll split his head open.
我听说这儿出了意外
I heard there's been an accident.
我就知道你会来
Yeah, I bet you did.
去请莉莉·皮尔就是你的主意 对吧
Lili Peel was your idea, wasn't she?
真是太谢谢你了 珀西 你真会为我们着想
Thank you, Percy, that's exactly what we need!
姑娘们还好吧
Are the girls all right?
要不是天天有一群怪人把姑娘们吓个半死
The girls would be fine if there wasn't a procession of freaks
她们肯定都好好的
trying to scare the living daylights out of them.
我警告过你妻子搬出去 现在我再跟你说一次
I told your wife to move out of here, now I'm asking you.
就是因为你那样说 她更不想走了
You told her in a way that was guaranteed to make her stay.
相信你应该见过珀西吧 他是买♥♥♥房♥♥子赠送的
I'm sure you've met Percy before. He comes with the house.
上次我调查这里的时候没有请他
Percy wasn't invited the last time I tested the house.
大家觉得他和莉莉是一伙的
He was thought to be more in Lili's camp.
- 你就是那个心理学家 - 是超心理学家
- You're that psychologist. - Parapsychologist.
高登·派克
Gordon Pyke.
你不是仍然不信这里有鬼吗
Still don't believe there are ghosts here?
那你回来干嘛
Why have you back?
这是我和卡雷夫人的事
That's between me and Mrs Caleigh.
你们惊扰到了亡灵
You're disturbing the dead.
对此我无能为力
That can't be helped, I'm afraid.
你要是真关心你的孩子们 就赶快带她们回家
If you care about your children, you'll take them home.
- 你不配讲我的孩子 - 求你了
- Don't you talk to me about my children! - Please!
玛格达 有人来看你
Magda? I've got a visitor for you.
- 她来找你叙叙旧 - 谢谢
- She's come to talk about the old days. - Thank you.
玛格达 我是莉莉·皮尔
Magda? I'm Lili Peel.
我想和你谈谈你哥哥的事
I'm here today to talk to you about your brother.
我知道事隔多年
I know it was long time ago
我也知道别人问你时你什么都不说
and I know other people have asked you and you haven't told.
但是我恳求你告诉我
But I'm praying you tell me now.
事情还在继续
It's still going on.
这里记录着柯瑞本对孩子们进行的所有体罚
It's got all the punishments Cribben dished out to the children.
他为什么要记下来呢
Why do you think he kept it?
难道他想被人发现吗
Do you think he wanted to be found out?
也许这会维系住表面上的秩序性
Perhaps it gave his life a semblance of order...
以掩饰他支离破碎的精神世界
as his mental health disintegrated.
一项一项记下来 事事井然有序
Write it down, keep everything nice and tidy.
所有孩子都有记录 唯独莫里斯·斯塔福德没有
All the children are in there except Maurice Stafford.
你听说过他吗
What do you know about him?
未找到尸体的孩子之一
One of the bodies that was never found.
为什么莫里斯没有受过罚
How come Maurice never got punished?
他来这里之前已经受过极大的苦难
He'd already suffered extreme hardship by the time he came here.
与其他孤儿不同 他清楚什么是痛苦
Unlike the other orphans, he knew what pain was.
所以他服从柯瑞本兄妹的所有要求
And so he gave the Cribbens what they demanded.
无条件服从
Total subservience.
换别人也会像他这样
He did what anyone would do.
柯瑞本最后还是没有放过他
Cribben still turned on him in the end.
你不信他们都被淹死了
You don't believe they all drowned.
不信
No.
可怜的小莫里斯
Poor little Maurice.
逃过了体罚
He escaped the book.
最终却没得到好下场
Little good it did him in the end.
莫里斯 你不用这样
Maurice, you don't have to do this.
想想他会怎么惩罚你
Imagine what he'll do to you.
别让她误导你
Don't let her do this to you!
莉莉
Lili!
你做了什么
What did you do?
一些别人早就该做的事
What someone should have done years ago.
别再装了 玛格达
You can drop the act, Magda.
她在地窖里
She was in the cellar.
我也不知道他们为什么杀她
I don't know why they killed her.
他们不会那样做的
They wouldn't do that.
杀人没那么容易
It's not so easy to kill someone.
除非是个疯子
Not unless you're mad.
你是说那个房♥子里的所有人都疯了吗
Are you telling me everyone in that house went mad?
十年前你怎么没看到这个
Why didn't you see that ten years ago?
南茜为了保护那些孩子而牺牲自己
Nancy died trying to protect those children.
他们仍需解救
They still need rescuing.
南茜没有证据证明孩子们受过虐待
Nancy had no evidence anyone was being mistreated.
我和每个孩子都谈过
I spoke to all the children
他们都对之前的说法改了口
and they withdrew their complaints.
那是因为他们怕他
They're petrified of him, that's why.
她做出指控后就没了踪影
And after making her allegations, she ran away.
她是被迫的
She was made to.
珀西 你真的不觉得
Percy, can you really have no idea
也许她是不想待在这了
why she might not have wanted to stay here?
你跟那位年轻小姐关系亲密
You had an intimate relationship with that young woman.
她可能不想再应对这些后果了
She might not have wanted to deal with those consequences here.
想将后果转嫁给你承担
Perhaps she wanted to spare you those consequences.
- 也许她想解脱 - 她或许会离我而去
- She may have wanted to spare herself. - She might have left me...
但她绝不会丢下那些孤儿不管
she wouldn't have left those orphans.
珀西 我跟你无话可讲了
There's no speaking to you, Percy.
你上次见柯瑞本是什么时候
When was the last time you saw Cribben?
他已经几个月没出过门了
He ain't been seen outside Crickley for months.
南茜跟你说过 我再说一遍 他脑袋有问题
Nancy told you and I'm telling you, he's not right in the head.
珀西
Percy!
如果他适合管理孤儿院
If he's fit to be in charge of those kids,
那他为什么不亲自来教堂
why can't he drag himself to church?
如果将来有什么闪失 责任都在你头上
And if anything happens now, it'll be on your head!
是牧师啊
Reverend.
有什么事吗
Is there some problem?
什么事也没有 柯瑞本小姐
There's no problem Miss Cribben, no.
我就是路过
I was just passing by
想起很久没见过你哥哥了 来看看
and I thought it was such a long time since I saw your brother.
很抱歉 他在休息呢
I'm sorry, he's sleeping.
进来吧
Do come in.
希望我没有打扰到你们
I hope I'm not interrupting.
孩子们都在楼上学习 你要去看看他们吗
The children are upstairs studying. Would you like to see them?