您受伤了吗? 先生? 滚开!巫婆!
Are you injured, Sir? Get away from me! Witch!
你觉得主人怎么样?
What do you think of the master?
他喜怒无常
He's very changeable
你不明白什么叫妒忌 不是吗 简?
You do not know what it is to feel jealousy, do you, Jane?
所以你不知道什么叫爱情
So you have no idea what it is to love.
我走上了错误的道路
I took a wrong path.
我必须承受继续沿此前行的责难
I must bear the blame for continuing on it.
先生! 罗切斯特先生! 快醒醒!
Sir, Mr. Rochester, sir, wake up.
看在上帝的份上 先生 醒一醒!
For heavensake, sir, wake up!
简 你没有受伤吧?
Jane, are you hurt
没有 先生
No, sir.
但是您差点死在了自己的床上
But you were nearly killed in your bed.
这是怎么回事?
What happened here?
我不知道 我听见有动静 就循声过来了
I donknow. I heard a noise and I followed it here.
需要我去叫菲尔费克斯太太吗? 不用 她能做些什么?
Shall I fetch Mrs. Fairfax? No, what can she do?
我一定要找人来帮忙 先生! 没必要!
I must fetch someone to help, sir. No!
简 坐下
Sit, Jane
安静地坐在这里
quietly.
呆在这儿等我回来 能做到么?
Wait here for me. Can you do that?
我全清楚了
Itsettled.
跟我原先想的一样
Itas I thought.
怎么回事 先生? 我忘了 你刚才是不是说你看到了什么东西?
How, sir? I forgot. Did you say you saw anything?
或者什么人?
Anyone?
没有 我只听见笑声
No, I heard a laugh.
我觉得那是格蕾斯·普尔 先生
I think it was Grace Poole, sir.
没错 你说的很对
Of course, you are right.
她是一个很古怪的人
Shea singular sort of person.
她很大意 常惹麻烦
Sheoften careless and accidents happen.
此事我们不要再提起了
Well say no more about it.
回你的房♥间吧
Go back to you room.
仆人一两个小时内就要起床了
The servants will be up in an hour or two.
怎么 你不说晚安就要走了么
What, are you going without saying goodnight?
简 你刚刚…
Jane you just
你刚刚救了我的命
You just saved my life.
至少我们应该握握手吧
You might at least shake hands.
第一次见到你的时候 我就看出来你以后会帮到我
I knew youd do me good the first time I met you.
欠了你这么大一笔人情债 我却毫不介意
I knew I wouldnmind being in you debt.
这件事情谈不上什么负债 先生
There is no debt, sir.
这件事情也谈不上什么欠情
There is no debt, sir
我很高兴我碰巧醒着
Im glad I happened to be awake.
你在一场大火中救了我 又说你很高兴碰巧醒着
She saves me from an inferno, and sheglad she happened to be awake.
而你现在还是试图离开?
Still she tries to go.
我觉得很冷 先生 当然
Im cold, sir. Of course,
当然
Of course,
我们说好 以后再不会让你受冻了
And we agreed that youd never be cold again.
好吧 既然你一定要离开我
Well, if you must leave me
就走吧
You must.
主人没有被烧死在床上 真是个奇迹啊
Ita mystery how he wasnburnt in his bed.
他总是点着蜡烛看书 我早告诉他那有多危险了
He will read with a candle burning. I told him how dangerous that is.
早安 亲爱的 早安
Morning, dear. Morning
早安 小姐
Morning miss.
早安 格蕾斯
Morning Grace.
这儿发生什么事了?
What has happened here?
主人又点着蜡烛在床上睡着了
Master was reading in bed again.
幸好他醒过来了 没发生什么意外
Fortunenately, he woke up and no real harm was done.
真是奇怪
Thatvery strange.
没人听到动静吗?
Did no one hear anything?
菲尔费克斯夫人说她什么都没听到
Mrs. Fairfax said she heard nothing.
她睡得很沉
She sleeps heavily.
小姐 你很年轻
Youre young, miss.
你可能听见了动静吧
Maybe you heard a noise.
我听见了
I did.
起初我以为是派洛特…
At first I thought it was pilot, .
但是派洛特不会发出笑声
but pilot can not laugh
我很确定我自己听到了笑声
Im certain I heard a laugh.
而且是一种怪笑
A strange one.
我想在那么危急的情况下 主人是不会发笑的
Hardly likely the master would laugh. Not when he was in such danger.
我想你一定是在做梦吧 小姐 我确定我不是在做梦
I think you must have been dreaming, miss.I most certainly was not dreaming.
你打开了门吗?
Did you open your door?
你找到笑声的来源了吗?
Did you see who or what it was you thought laughed?
正相反
On the contrary
我把门闩上了 很明智
I locked my door. Very wise.
睡觉之前闩上门是很明智的
It would be wise to lock you door the moment you go to bed.
谁知道睡觉时会发生什么呢
Who knows what might happen?
你怎么又不吃了?
Youre not eating again.
你每次午饭都吃得很少 爱小姐
You ate very little at lunch time, Miss Eyre.
我希望你不是病了
I hope youre not sickening.
你脸色发红
Youre very flushed.
我没事 谢谢
Im very well, thank you.
再好不过了
Never better.
哦 今晚天气很好 总的来说 罗切斯特先生出门是碰着了好天气
HmmOh, ita fine night.On the whole, a very good day for Mr. Rochesterjourney.
出门? 我不知道他要出去呢
Journey? I didnknow he was going out.
哦 他吃完早饭就走了
Oh, he set off right after breakfast.
他到艾希顿先生那里去了 他家在米尔考特的另一端
Hegone to Mr.Eshtonplace over the other side of Millcote.
他要在那里呆上两个多星期 参加一个聚会
Hell likely stay a fortnight or more at the house party.
两个星期?
A fortnight?
是啊 我跟你说过了他在这儿一般都呆不上几天的
Yes,I told you, hehardly ever here for more than a few days.
你也知道他这两个月都没伴陪
And you cansay he hasnbeen starved of company these last two months.
当然 亲爱的 我是指那些杰出 高贵的伙伴
Oh, I mean, fine and proper company, of course, my dear.
那一群时尚耀眼的人一聚在一起就很难分开
When these fashionable, beautiful people get together, theyre in no hurry to separate.
单身的绅士尤其受欢迎
Single gentlemen are especially sought after.
而罗切斯特先生那么善于社交
And Mr. Rochester is so talented in society.
女士们都很喜欢他
The ladies are very fond of him.
他歌♥唱得也很好
Hea very fine singer.
他会唱歌♥? 哦 可不是嘛!
He sings? Oh, yes!
他跟布兰奇·英格兰姆小姐
He and Miss Blanche Ingram
在几年前这儿举办的圣诞宴会上还唱了歌♥呢
sang at a Christmas party here some years ago.
这位英格兰姆小姐 她很漂亮吗?
This Miss Ingram, is she very beautiful?
哦 上帝啊 漂亮极了 她五官十分精致
Oh, good Lord, yes.d She has very fine features,brilliant eyes.
明眸皓齿 容貌十分出众 她可是镇上的美女
Very striking.Well, shethe belle of the county.
她还没有结婚吗?
Shenot yet married?
没有 英格兰姆家族的产业将由长子继承
No, the Ingramestate will pass to the son.
女儿们都没有太多的财产
The daughters have only small fortunes.
但是既然她拥有如此美貌 一定有不少追求者吧
But if sheso very beautiful, she must have wealthy suitors.
比如 罗切斯特先生
Mr. Rochester, for example.
哦 是的 可是两人的年龄差距太大了…
Well, yes, but therea considerable difference in age.
那又怎么样?
What of it?
比这更不般配的婚姻还不是天天都在发生
There are more unequal matches made every day.
这倒是真的 亲爱的
Why, yes, dear
但是我还是认为罗切斯特先生不会赞成这种想法
but I scarcely think Mr. Rochester would think that a good idea.
你依旧什么都没有吃
Youve eaten nothing again.
我肯定你是得了什么病了 现在主人又不在…
Im sure youre sickening for something, and the masteraway.
看来我得考虑把克劳福德医生叫来
I must decide whether to send for Dr Crawford.
我说过了 我真的没事
Im perfectly well, as I said.
再好不过了
Never better.
"爱小姐 你确定你没有弄错吗?"
Grace: Are you sure you werenmistaken, Miss Eyre?
简·爱 你确实弄错了
You were mistaken, Jane Eyre.
"布兰奇·英格兰姆小姐是最漂亮 最有天赋的女人"
Mrs. Fairfax: Miss Blanche Ingram is the most beautiful and accomplished young lady.
"她才是主人最合适的伴侣"
She is right and proper company for the master.
J.E.小姐熟悉音乐 艺术 以及法语等科目的教学
Miss J.E. accomplishes the teaching of general studies, music, art and French
正寻求家庭教师的职位
seeks a position of governess
你在给谁写信呢 爱小姐?
Who are you writing to, Miss Eyre?
我以为你没有亲戚朋友可以写信呢
I thought you had no one to write to.
我是没有 现在 我们是你唯一的家人了
I dont. We are your family now.
真希望罗切斯特先生快点回来 我无聊死了
I wish Mr. Rochester would come back. I am so bored.
我可不抱太大希望
I wouldnwish for long.
有时候 他一走就是几个月 特别是寒冬腊月的时候
Sometimes he leaves us for many a month, especially in the cold winter season.
有一次 他离开了一年三个月
Once, he left us for a whole year and a quarter.
哦 那一年冬天可真长
Oh, that was a very long winter.
到现在我还记得清清楚楚
I can remember it well.