我疯狂爱着罗莎蒙德·奥立佛
I love Rosamond Oliver wildly,
我不会再如此爱上任何人
more intensely than I will ever love anyone again.
那为什么不娶她?
So why not marry her?
因为我知道 她不是一个合适的太太
Because I know she would not make me a good wife.
我们会终生后悔
We would have a lifetime's regret.
你能想象罗莎蒙德能成为一个受难者
Can you see Rosamond as a sufferer,
一个劳工 一个传教士的妻子吗? 你不能
a labourer, a missionary's wife? No, you cannot.
你不必非当个传教士啊
You need not be a missionary.
你可以在这做神职
You may do God's work here.
我不会放弃我伟大的事业
I will not give up my life's ambition.
它比一切更珍贵 那奥立佛小姐呢?
Dearer to me than anything.- And Miss Oliver?
她的感情对你来说没有任何价值吗?
Are her feelings nothing to you?
她身边充满了求婚者
She is surrounded by suitors.
她会忘了我然后找到一个比我更能给她幸福的人
She will forget me and marry someone who can make her far happier than I could.
不 简 你不了解我
No, Jane. You do not know me.
确实当我见到罗莎蒙德我会发抖
I do tremble at the sight of Rosamond,
但这不允许 这跟我没任何关系
but it repulses me.It has nothing to do with me.
我的脸会发热 但在我的内心 我依然冷酷
My skin may burn with fever, but in my heart I am a cold man.
不要
Don't.
你有机会爱那个全心爱你的人
You have the chance to love someone who loves you with all her soul.
不是有很多人能那么幸运
Not many people are that lucky.
失去了你将再也找不到
You may never find that again.
你是个有进取心的女人 爱略特小姐
You are an enterprising young woman, Miss Elliott.
一个不寻常的典范
An unusual specimen.
你开了个好头 我期待你的事业更进一步发展
You've made a good start. I look forward to your career with interest.
我必须离开桑菲尔德府 罗切斯特先生
I must leave Thornfield, Mr. Rochester.
现在
Now, now.
你还想吗?
Do you mean that?
是的
I do.
现在呢? 你怎么说?
And now?What do you say now?
你离不开我
You cannot leave me .
你离不开我 承认吧
You cannot leave me. Confess it.
我会离开你
I will leave you.
为什么你的身体如此柔软
How can this flesh be so soft and yielding...
心却像铁石一般?
and yet your heart be like an iron fist?
我知道有一处地方
There is a place I know,
一幢在地中海的别♥墅♥
a villa in the Mediterranean.
它远离尘嚣
It is far from anywhere.
跟我一起住那吧
Come and live with me there.
不 简 简 听我说 听我说
No, Jane, Jane, listen to me. Listen. Listen to me.
我们会像兄妹般生活
We would live as brother and sister.
我们会住在不同的房♥间里
We'd have our separate chambers.Come together in the afternoons ...
一起喝下午茶或打保龄 做一些...
for tea or to play bowls, something ...
安静而传统的事
sedate and traditional.
我保证 我不碰你
I give you my word.I wouldn't touch you.
或许会在生日上来个纯洁的吻
Maybe a chaste peck on the cheek on birthdays.
我不会诱你犯罪 简
I wouldn't tempt you into a life of sin, Jane.
我不会那样做
I wouldn't do that.
我要休息了 好的
I must rest now. .-Yes,
是啊 你该休息了
yes, you must rest.
我们早上再谈吧
We'll talk in the morning.
好吧 早上再谈
Yes, in the morning.
你会考虑别♥墅♥吗?
You will think about the villa?
我们早上再谈
We will talk in the morning.
一年后
(One year later.)
孩子们 这是只蝴蝶
Girls, this is a butterfly.
好 下一环节
Now, pass that round.
你们能告诉我
Can any of you tell me...
一只毛毛虫是怎么变成一只美丽的蝴蝶的吗?
how a caterpillar turns into a beautiful butterfly?
爱略特小姐 爱略特小姐
Miss Elliott. Miss Elliott.
爱略特小姐 再见
Good afternoon, Miss Elliott.
一切安好? 当然
Is everything all right?- Yes, of course.
你看起来很好
You look very well.
你在这多彩的宇宙里创造了奇迹
You have performed wonders in this colourful universe.
你赋予了它准则与个性
You have given it discipline and individuality.
我希望黛安娜和玛丽可以回家跟你一起住
I wish Diana or Mary could come home to live with you.
你不在意你的身体
You're reckless with your health.
我很好
I'm well enough.
噢 原谅我
Oh, forgive me.
一个小女孩看见奥立佛小姐穿婚纱
One of the girls saw Miss Oliver in her wedding dress
其他人求我为她们设计一个
and the others begged me to imagine a painting for them.
我告诉过你她会忘了我
I told you she would forget about me.
你得容许我有些时候是对的
You must allow me to be right sometimes.
里弗斯先生 你来这干什么呢?
Mr. Rivers, what are you doing here?
我经常怀疑你从哪得来的直率的性格
I have often wondered where you got that forthright quality.
我来跟你聊一聊
I've come to have a little talk with you,
或者 我有个故事要和你分享
or rather, I have a story to share with you.
20年前 一个助理牧师...
Just over 20 years ago, a poor curate ...
爱上了一个有钱小姐
fell in love with a rich man's daughter.
他们结婚了
They married,
她完全和她的家庭断绝了关系
and she was cut off from her family entirely.
两年后 他们双双去世
Within two years, they were both dead.
他们留下一个女儿
They left a daughter,
她姻亲的一位阿姨送去了一间非常冷酷的慈善机构
and she was cast out onto the very cold charity of an aunt by marriage.
说得详细点就是
Now we come to details.
盖茨海德府的一位里德夫人
A Mrs. Reed of Gateshead,
收养了这个孤儿10年 然后她被送到了劳渥德学校
who kept the orphan 10 years and then sent her to one Lowood School.
我算了下大概是你的年纪
I calculate she would have been approximately your age.
她在那表现很出色
It seems she did very well there,
很多特点跟你相似
with qualities very similar to your own,
另一个巧合是 她也成了名教师
and another coincidence, she rose to be a teacher.
她离开劳渥德学校后成了一位
She left Lowood to become
叫罗切斯特先生收养的孩子的家教...
a governess to the ward of a Mr. Rochester...
里弗斯先生 我不知道...
Mr. Rivers.- I know nothing of...
关于这位罗切斯特先生的品格...
this Mr. Rochester's character...
但我知道他向这位年轻的小姐求了婚
but I do know that he offered marriage to this young woman,
但就在圣坛之前 她发现
but at the altar she had discovered
他还有个在世的妻子 尽管是个疯子
he had a wife still living, a lunatic.
另一个不同的原因
For another quite different reason,
一位律师 布里格斯先生 在寻找这位年轻小姐
one Mr. Briggs, a solicitor, was searching for this young lady,
但那之后她消失了 没再出现过
but by then she had disappeared, was never seen again.
不是很奇怪吗?
Is that not a very strange?
既然你知道那么多 告诉我...
Since you appear to know so much, tell me this....
罗切斯特先生 他好吗? 他现在在哪? 我对他一无所知
Mr. Rochester. How is he? Where is he?- I know nothing of him.
但你说过他们在找我 他们没写信去桑菲尔德府吗?
But you said they were looking for me. Did they write to Thornfield?
当然有 但是没有回复
Yes, of course, but received no reply.
他肯定是个坏男人
He must have been a bad man.
你不了解他
You do not know him.
很好
Very well.
或许你该问问我怎么知道你的故事的
But maybe you should ask me how I come to know your story.
是什么促使布里格斯先生通过写信给我来找你?
What inspired our Mr. Briggs to look for you and to write to me?
你知道 我前几天去德贝郡了
As you know, I traveled to Derbyshire a few days ago.
我跟一家人吃了顿饭
I had dinner with a family ...
其中有个女管家跟爱丽丝·菲尔费克斯女士有点关系
who had a housekeeper who was related in some distant way to a Mrs. Alice Fairfax.
她给我提供了关于谜一样简·爱的详细描述
Now, she provided me with such an exact description of the mysterious Jane Eyre
为我解答了所有的疑问
to relieve me of any doubt.
他们有告诉你关于罗切斯特先生的事吗?
Did they tell you anything of Mr. Rochester?
我告诉过你 布里格斯先生对他不感兴趣
I told you, Mr. Briggs was not interested in him.
难道你不想知道他为什么对你感兴趣吗?
Don't you want to know why he was interested in you?
他想怎么样?
What did he want?
只是想告诉你你叔叔死了
Simply to tell you that your uncle had died
他留给你他的全部财产
and had left you all his property and fortune.
我很难过 难过?
Oh, I am sorry.- Sorry?
因为2万英镑?
For &20,000?
我难过因为我叔叔去世了
I am sorry my uncle is dead.
我本还想过要去见他的
I might have wished to have seen him one day.
等等
Wait. Wait.
你怎么知道布里格斯先生及他找我的事?
Why would you ever know about this Mr. Briggs and his search for me?
为什么他会写信给你?
Why would he write to you?
还没说完 但我担心
There is more, but I fear ...