我叔叔去世后留下给我2万镑
My uncle died and left me &20,000,
但大部分我拿去送人了
but I gave most of it away.
我做梦也没想到
No, I could never have dreamt such detail.
你会留下来吗?
You will stay with me?
我会跟你一生一世
I will stay with you as long as I live.
除非你要我走
Unless you would prefer I go.
不 不
No, no.
留下来 你一定要留下来
Stay. You shall stay.
现在我很丑 简 是吗?
It's a ghastly sight, isn't it, Jane?
我知道当我们再见面 你一定会被我吓倒
I knew if you ever saw me again, you would be revolted by me.
为此我很难过
I am sorry for this.
这儿
And this.
还有这
And this.
最糟的是 你遭受了很多苦难
The worst of it is, one's in danger of spoiling you too much.
什么时候吃晚餐?
When do you have supper?
我从不吃晚餐 好吧
I never take supper.- Well,
今晚你一定要吃 因为我饿了
you shall tonight, for I am very hungry.
你有小梳子吗 先生?
Have you a pocket comb about you, sir?
干什么用?
What for?
我需要用它来梳理这浓密的黑发
I need to comb out this shaggy black mane.
挨这么近时我总是发现你很警觉
I find you quite alarming when you're this close,
你总是说我有魔力
and you accuse me of being supernatural.
我可怕吗 简? 非常可怕 先生
Am I hideous, Jane? Very, sir.
你知道 你总是那样
You always were, you know.
你没失掉你过去的邪恶
You haven't lost your wickedness, wherever you've been.
尽管我和好人们待在一起
Yet I have been staying with good people.
比你好很多的人
Far better than you.
好几百倍
A hundred times better.
总的来说比你高尚优雅
Altogether more refined and exalted than you will ever be.
你跟哪个恶魔在一起?
Who the devil have you been with?
这儿跟你一起 至少你还很得体
There. You are decent, at least.
明天我会告诉你有关他们的事
I will tell you about them tomorrow.
几天的旅途让我有些劳累
I have been traveling for days and I'm tired.
晚安
Good night.
简
Jane...
你住的地方是不是只有女士呢?
Were there only ladies at the house where you were?
小草很软 那里长满青苔
The grass is soft and mossy in that little patch,
那只黑鸟的翅膀就像闪着墨绿色光的煤
and the blackbird's wing is like coal with an emerald sheen.
你经常提到的这个叫圣约翰
So this St. John person you have been mentioning so often,
他这个人怎么样?
what of him?
噢
Well,
他很高
he is tall,
有着蓝色的眼睛和希腊人的轮廓
with blue eyes and a Grecian profile.
他比我英俊
He's handsome then, compared to me.
他比你英俊多了
Oh, he's much more handsome than you.
他是个比你好的基♥督♥教♥徒♥
And he's a far better Christian, of course, than you ever were.
昨晚为你的再现 我感谢上帝了
Well, I thanked God last night for your sudden reappearance.
之前 我在夜晚向他哭诉我的绝望
The other night, I cried out to him in my despair.
我也呼唤你的名字
I called your name, too.
里弗斯先生聪明吗?
What about his brain, this Rivers fellow?
他说话时你会感到无趣吗?
Find yourself getting bored when he speaks?
他不经常讲话 但他一开口都会在点子上
He doesn't say very much, but what he says is to the point.
非常聪明
His brain is first-rate.
他知识渊博吗? 他教你东西吗?
Did he study much? Taught you things?
是的 他教我语言
Oh, yes. He taught me languages.
啊 他为什么那么做?
All right. Why did he do that?
他希望我跟他去非洲
He wanted me to go with him to Africa.
他希望你嫁给他?
He wanted you to marry him?
他向我求婚 你骗我
He asked me to marry him. You're lying.
你编造这个来折磨我 他不止一次向我求婚
You've made this up to torment me. - Aye, he asked me more than once.
好极了 我想你应该远走高飞
Well, then, I think you might take yourself off and go elsewhere.
为什么你还要待在这?
Why are you still here?
你尽了你的义务 你看到我还活着
You've done your duty.You've assured yourself that I am still living.
不及以前的十分之一 你
Well, still living a tenth of a life.
女继承人!
You, heiress.
既然你要我走... 不
Well, if you want me to go...- No.
我会去整理行装 不 我不是那个意思
I'll pack my bags. - No, no.
你走之前还要再戏弄戏弄我这个又老又蠢的男人 是吗?
Humour a foolish old ranter for a little bit longer before you go, hmm?
圣约翰不爱我
St. John does not love me.
我也不爱他
I do not love him.
他是个好人
He's good.
甚至很伟大 但是...
Great, even, but...
严肃 冷得像座冰山
severe. Cold as an iceberg.
他很无情么?
He's heartless?
不 比那更糟糕
Oh, worse than that.
他有
He has a heart.
他的心充斥着热情 但...
I've seen it overflowing with passion, but...
只是他硬用自己的意志力将其埋葬了
he just keeps it buried in stone with a tenacious willpower.
他比你更可怕
He is much more frightening than you.
开始变冷了
It's turned chilly.
我们坐这太久了
We've been sitting here too long.
不 我想在外面待着
No, I want to stay out here.
如果你想的话 可以先走
You can go on in if you wish.
我走那晚...
The night I left...
我走那晚你提到你在
The night I left you told me of a villa you own
地中海的一栋别♥墅♥
in the Mediterranean,
说我们可以在那像兄妹般生活
where we might go for refuge and live as brother and sister.
我记得
I remember.
简
Jane
简 你还在吗?
Jane, are you still there?
我还在 先生
I'm here, sir.
简 我提过的别♥墅♥...
Jane, that villa I mentioned, the...
分开的房♥间...
The separate bedrooms...
生日上纯洁的吻 是吗?
the peck on the cheek on birthdays, that sort of thing?
是的
Yes?
那个计划不再像以前那样吸引我了
Well, that plan doesn't strike me as so attractive as it once did.
你不想成为朋友了吗?
Do you not want to be friends?
简 你可以过来坐我旁边吗?
Jane, would you be so good as to come back and sit beside me?
简 我想要个妻子
Jane, I want a wife.
我想要个妻子
Jane, I want a wife.
不是个照看我的看护
Not a nursemaid to look after me.
我想要个妻子...
I want a wife...
在夜晚与我共眠
to share my bed every night.
甚至一整天 如果我们愿意的话
All day, if we wish.
如果不能 我情愿死
If I can't have that, I'd rather die.
我们不要柏拉图恋爱 简
We are not the platonic sort, Jane.
能看到我么?
Can you see me?
听着 爱德华
Then hear this, Edward.
你的生命不可以由你放弃
Your life is not yours to give up.
它是我的
It is mine,
全是我的 我不准你结束它
all mine, and I forbid it.
不 乔治 我告诉过你 你今天不用工作
No, George, I told you. You're not to work today.
你是客人 坐下不要动
You are part of the enterprise. Sit down and don't move.
他在干什么? 搬椅子
What's he doing?Moving chairs.
所有人过来吧
come on, everyone
好漂亮的衣服
What a pretty dress.
坐下 那儿 你要正坐在我们后头
You must take your place.There.you must go directly right behind us.
格蕾斯
Grace.
派洛特 不要在椅子上
Pilot, not on the chairs.
现在 站那儿
Now, stand there.
孩子在哪儿?
Where's the baby?
黛安娜
Diana
简 过来我这边
Jane, take your place beside me.
来吧 亲爱的
Come, little one.