《旅行与沙砾》
VOYAGES AND GRAVELS
那只耗子在哪儿?
Where is the rat?
还不是在窗帘后边 她就知道往那儿躲
She's behind the curtaim. where she always hides.
妈妈 简把我打倒在地上
Mama! Jane has knocked me down!
马上把她拖到红屋子里关起来
Take her up to the redroom immediately.
这孩子身体里藏着魔鬼 我一直都这么说
The child has the devil in her. I've always said.
不 不 不要去红屋子 不 不 不要带我去红屋子
No! No! Not the redroom! No!No!Not the redroom!
不
No!
别回来 里德舅舅 求你别回来
Don't come back, Uncle Reed. Please don't come back.
里德舅舅 求你别回来 求你了
Uncle Reed, please don't come back. Please.
放我出去 求你们救救我 放我出去吧 放我出去
Let me out! Please help me. Just let me out! let me out!
快来吧 约翰 就是 快点约翰 我们可没一整天的时间
Come along, John Yes, come on, John, we haven't got all day.
别担心 我不会射你的
Don't worry. I won't shoot you.
除非我们不喜欢你画的画
Unless we don't like the painting, that is .
你好啊
Hello.
是不是也该把你画进来啊? 还有很多地方呢
Shouldn't you be in the portrait? There's still plenty of room.
简·爱? 她可不是家庭成员
Jane Eyre? She's not part of the family.
那样看着我是没用的 简
It's no use looking at me like that, Jane.
我已经尽了全力了 但你让一切变得不可能
I have tried my hardest, but you made it impossible.
我努力想要实现我丈夫的遗愿
I tried to carry out my dear husband's wishes.
但你却让一切变得不可能 你自己知道
But you have made it impossible. You know you have.
你故意让我没办法去爱你
You have deliberately made it impossible for me to love you.
说话啊 你这个不正常的孩子
Say something, unnatural child!
你没有尽力来爱我
You have not tried very hard.
舅舅的遗愿是 你要将我视若己出
My uncle's dying wish was that you treat me as one of your children.
你并没有那样做
You have not tried to.
你居然敢来教育我…
You dare to tell me...
那就是他老在红屋子阴魂不散的原因
That is why he haunts the redroom.
因为你违背了他的遗愿
Because you've disobeyed him.
不管你或我现在说什么都好 在你死的那天
And on the day you die, God will know who is telling the truth.
上帝会知道谁说的才是真话
Whatever you or I say now.
来吧 简小姐 有人来探望你 精神好点
Come on, Miss Jane. You have a visitor. You must look your best.
我已经很努力了
I have tried so very hard.
你无法想象我有多努力地去尝试 可是…
You cannot believe how hard I have tried but...
这孩子身体里有魔鬼
There is the devil in the child.
你叫什么名字 孩子?
What is your name, child?
简·爱 先生
Jane Eyre, sir.
简·爱 你知道小孩子死了会怎样么?
Do you know, Jane Eyre, what happens to little children when they die?
他们都会上天堂
They go to heaven.
那不听话的撒谎的小姑娘死了会怎样呢?
And what happens to disobedient deceitful girls when they die?
他们会下地狱…
They go to hell...
那么 要避免这种悲惨的命运 你该怎么做?
So what must you do to avoid this terrible fate?
我必须照顾好自己 保持健康的身体
I must take care to keep in good health
不要生病 先生
and not to fall ill, sir.
你舅妈告诉我 你是个爱撒谎的孩子
Your aunt tells me that you are a deceitful child.
那是真的么 简·爱?
Is that true, Jane Eyre?
我不是个骗子
I am not a liar.
那么 你是说你舅妈是骗子了?
So do you say your aunt is a liar?
啊 简·爱...
Ah, Jane Eyre...
我怎么可能忘记? 站出来 简
How could I forget? Step out here, Jane.
我不得不遗憾地告诉你们 简·爱
Jane Eyre, I'm sorry to have to tell you,
她是个骗子
is a liar.
今天这堂课 大家要学的就是 撒谎是种罪
The lesson of the day will be that lying is a sin.
骗子们活该被同伴孤立
That all liars deserve to be shunned by their fellows.
骗子
LIAR
站到凳子上 简
Stand on that stool, Jane.
你要一直站到午夜
You will stay there until midnight,
期间不能吃喝
and you will not eat or drink
只能低头请求上帝宽恕你的罪行
but bow to beg God's forgiveness for your sin.
我希望能逃到这些地方去
I wish I could escape to one of these places.
逃到温暖的地方去
Somewhere where it's warm.
我相信你能的
I believe you will.
但是 你必须非常努力地学习
But you'll have to work hard.
你必须要接受 我们是被自己的家人
You have to accept that we've been left here by
遗弃在这儿 得自己生存下去
our families to fend for ourselves.
如果你能在这儿接受足够的教育
If you take advantage of the education here, .
如果你还不算太反叛 还要有耐心 你就会找到出路的
if you are not too rebellious, and if you are patient, then you will find your way out.
我们俩都要尽最大的努力
We will both work our hardest
祈祷上帝一直护佑我们 直到我们长大
and pray that God spares us until we are grown up.
然后 我们怎么办?
And then what do we do?
我想等我们长大了 我们就得在这儿当老师
I think when we grow up, we have to be teachers.
我们怎么从这儿出去呢 海伦?
How do we ever get out of here, Helen?
登广♥告♥
We advertise.
你在这儿呀
There you are.
你好冷 简
You're very cold, Jane.
来 跟我一起躺到被子里
Come on under my covers.
不 不
No, no!
上帝不能带走她 不能带走她
God can't have her! He can't take her!
上帝已经带她走了 简
God has already taken her, Jane.
你必须要勇敢
You must be brave.
海伦 海伦 海伦 海伦
Helen, Helen. Helen, Helen.
姑娘们
Girls
仔细观察太阳是怎样将阴影投射到花朵上的
look how the sun casts shadows on the flowers.
海伦·彭斯 1817-1829
Helen Burns 1817 - 1829
快啊 姑娘们 赶紧的
Come on, girls, hurry up now.
爱小姐
Miss Eyre.
看来有封写给你的信 爱小姐
There appears to be a letter for you, Miss Eyre.
如果J.E.小姐就其品性及能力能提供
If Miss J.E. is in a position to give satisfactory references
令人满意的证明
as to character and competency,
那么 我们将非常高兴聘她为
"then we will be happy to engage her
桑菲尔德府罗切斯特先生监护的
as a governess to Miss Adele Varens,
阿黛尔·瓦郎小姐的家庭教师
"ward of Mr. Rochester of Thornfield Hall."
啊 桑菲尔德府到了 小姐
Ah, there's Thornfield Hall now, miss.
塔楼里总点着一盏灯
There's always a light burning in the tower.
您是带我去见菲尔费克斯夫人么?
Are you taking me to Mrs Fairfax?
在里面
In there.
怎么 是爱小姐啊
Why, it's Miss Eyre!
终于见到你了
At last!
噢 我们等了你好长时间啦
Oh, we've been waiting for you for so long!
噢 我是菲尔费克斯夫人 欢迎来到桑菲尔德
Oh, I'm Mrs. Fairfax. Welcome to Thornfield.
我的天哪 爱小姐 你真是太饿了
My goodness, Miss Eyre. How hungry you are.
你肯定是一整天都在赶路吧
You must have been travelling all day.
你有多久没坐在火炉旁吃顿盛餐了?
How long is it since you have sat beside the fire and eaten a hearty meal?
噢 大概有8年了
Oh, approximately eight years.
噢 天哪
Oh, my goodness.
8年了?
Eight years?
8年都没在火炉旁坐了?
Hasn't sat by the fire for eight years?
8年
Eight years.
主人从国外回来的时候 我会告诉他的
I'll tell the master that when he gets back from abroad.
就算是他都会乐的
That will amuse even him.
噢 当然不是说他没有幽默细胞
Oh, not that he's without humour, of course.
当然不是
Certainly not.
我记得他小时候也常说笑话的
I remember he used to tell jokes as a child.
他不太怎么好相处 不过你不用担心
He keeps himself to himself, but you needn't worry.
他很少在家 老是去旅行
He's hardly ever at home. Always travelling.
爱小姐
Miss Eyre.
你起得真早 希望你睡得还好
You are up early. I hope you slept well.
是的 谢谢你 我急着想见见阿黛尔
Yes, thank you. I was anxious to meet Adele.
啊 是啊 那么 你不会等很久了
Ah, yes. Well, you won't have to wait long.
她在那上边玩么?
Does she play up there?
噢 天哪 不
Oh, goodness me, no.
没人住在那儿
no one lives up there.
噢 我想我刚看到窗户旁边有人
Oh, I thought I saw someone at the window.
只有格蕾斯·普尔会去那儿 她负责洗衣物
There's only Grace Poole there.She does the laundry.
菲尔费克斯夫人 啊
Ah! Mrs. Fairfax...
我想阿黛尔小姐已经等不及了
I don't think Miss Adele can wait any longer.
我的情人嫉妒了...我爱卖♥♥弄风情
My lover gets jealous...I'm such a flirt!
我爱漂亮衣服…他爱他的钱
I love pretty dresses... He loves his money
我总是发脾气 他不可能...
I'm always losing my temper! He's so impossible
早上好 简小姐 很高兴见到您
Bonjour Mademoiselle Jane, encantada de conocerla.