剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:超限储能·驱动未来(2016) | 导航列表
现在的可再生能源就能实现
It's what is allowed now by renewable energies.
现在降落在英国广播公♥司♥
Landing now at BBC.
现在开始了
and there you go.
现在你旋转它会感觉相当容易 是不是
So if you turn it now, you find it's quite easy, isn't it?
现在让我们来看一看
Now, let's see.
现在让我们来一起倒计时好吗
So we need a big countdown for this, OK?
现在是最需要发展新能源的时代
has there been a more exciting time to be inventing new ways of generating energy.
现在我们要重做一次这个实验
So we're going to try and recreate it,
现在我们用的是天然气
we've got the burning fossil fuel - in this case, natural gas.
现在已经发生了巨大变化
And we've come on a long way.
现在有3.78
So, we've got 3.78 at the moment.
想象这项由安德烈带领工程师完成的任务
So, imagine the task for the engineers that were led by Andre,
像这种大型发电站
So, massive power stations like these
硝化棉蜡烛 也就是我刚点燃的那支
the guncotton candle, the one I just burnt,
小车动起来了
There goes the car.
小球出发了 滚得很快
It goes. It's going fast.
小球已经到了演讲厅外面
It's going to go out of the lecture theatre. Here it goes.
-小心点 -她正爬上楼梯
- Careful. - OK, she's coming up the ladder.
携带的能量不同
within the different colours.
谢谢 安德烈 谢谢 贝特朗
Thank you, Andre. Thank you, Bertrand.
-谢谢 -科学频道就此诞生
- Thank you. - Science TV was born.
谢谢大家 晚安
Thank you and goodnight.
谢谢加入我们 安德烈
Thank you for joining us, Andre.
谢谢加入我们 贝特朗
Thank you for joining us, Bertrand.
谢谢你 丹尼尔
Thank you, Daniel.
谢谢你 德里克
Thank you, Derek.
-谢谢你 理查德 -没问题
- Thank you, Richard. - OK.
谢谢你 理查德
Thank you, Richard.
谢谢你 夏洛特 感谢前来
thank you, Charlotte, for coming in -
谢谢你 夏洛特
So, thank you, Charlotte.
谢谢你们 丹 艾利克斯
OK, Dan and Alex, thank you.
形成一团带电的离子气体
so you have a charged ball of ionised gas.
需要不恐高的人
and somebody who is not scared of heights.
需要大量的电
is incredibly energy hungry.
需要多年时间才能成功
and it will take years to crack.
需要这么多能量
we need to get up here.
嘘嘘[微小]的量
A wee amount, yes.
压缩生物质颗粒
compressed biomass pellets -
要把这个公式具象化
trying to find a good way of visualising this,
要停止烧煤
for power in the UK over the next ten years.
要在地球上产生核聚变反应
So, to get nuclear fusion to happen here on earth
也不能搭载两三百人
when he crossed the Atlantic in 1927
也就是负电荷
or negative charge.
也就是说已经工作了27万小时
which is about 270,000 hours in service.
也就是说这些能量是来源于
and that means that the energy is supplied from sources
也就是用五号♥电池来表示 对吗
which means we want to do that in AA batteries, OK?
也就意味着剩下百分之五十的电能仍然要靠
So that means we still get about 50% of our energy
也无法给演讲厅提供足够的电量
he wouldn't really generate enough to power this lecture theatre.
也许会认为这非常危险
you might think that this was very dangerous.
也许看起来不太像
It might not look like it,
也蕴含着庞大的能量
contains a colossal amount of energy.
也在里面运用了一些新技术
and thrown in some newer technologies, as well.
一般店里买♥♥不到这个
which you can't get in the shops.
一般是铀
usually uranium.
一般我们想到蜡烛
Well, when you think of a candle,
一次性释放出所有的能量
releases that energy all at once.
一架纯光能驱动的飞机
a plane powered using nothing but energy from the sun.
一件无价之宝
of the Royal Institution.
一起倒数吧
So, let's do a countdown.
一起来倒数
Give me a big countdown.
一位曾经的圣诞讲座演讲者
a former Christmas Lecturer --
一位工作人员会带你去
So, one of the production team is going to take you off
一位伟大的科学家 迈克尔·法拉第
One of the greatest scientists, Michael Faraday,
依靠磁能和动能发电了
by that magnetic energy and that movement.
已经可以完成一些非常神奇的事
They can already do some pretty amazing things.
已有近两百年历史
for nearly 200 years,
以防万一
just in case.
以确保它运行良好
to make sure everything's OK?
以为自己知道怎么开这种飞机了
so I think we knew how to fly such an airplane,
翼展七十二米
236 feet wingspan,
因此必须寻找另一种方法为演讲厅供电
so we're going to have to find another way to power our theatre.
因为等离子体带电
But because the plasma is charged,
因为你得明白这是一架飞机
Because you have to understand that it's an aeroplane
因为是直播 你能看到外面在下雨
And it is live, you can tell it's raining,
因为它要持续工作 才能维持亮灯
cos they have to keep running so the lights stay on,
因为我不被允许触碰它
I'm not allowed to touch it.
因为我们的国土面♥积♥有限
because we have a limited land space.
因为现在的技术还达不到这种水平
because today we don't have the technology for that,
因为这个演讲厅 还有整个社会
That's because this lecture theatre, and society as a whole,
英国在不同年份时 多种能源的
and the different amounts, or proportions, of energy
永不熄灭的光源
the light that never goes out.
用来垫在我的脚下
and that goes under my foot.
用另一种单位来描述能量大小
units of energy in a slightly different way.
用我提前准备的这个可爱的小球
by something I prepared earlier, this lovely ball.
用于把嘘嘘转换成电能
that converts wee into electricity.
尤其是像风力这种 我们称之为可再生
particularly things like wind power - are what we call renewable,
由萨拉斯加上美丽糖衣的最后一块蛋糕
So this last cake that Selasi has beautifully iced
由有史以来最著名的科学家之一
by one of the most famous scientists of all time,
有点难 不过我会试试看
It's a bit tricky, but I'll try.
有点像刚才看到的发电机
It's a bit like the generator we saw earlier.
有点像我刚刚给大家展示的
so it's a bit like the electrical generators
有了离子和电子
so you have ions and electrons here,
有请电力专家德里克·伍德罗夫
So, could you please welcome Derek Woodroffe, electricity expert?
有请理查德·道金斯教授
Professor Richard Dawkins.
有趣的是什么 大家看
And what's interesting is you see
有人知道有几种吗
So, does anybody have a guess of how many there were?
有人知道这个方程式是什么吗
Anyone know what that equation is?
有一点奇怪
It does feel a bit bizarre.
于是我给圣诞讲座演讲者莫妮卡·格雷迪教授
so I sent Christmas Lecturer Professor Monica Grady
于是我想让电流变得可见
so I want to make electricity a bit more visible.
原理就是蜡烛释放出的热量
So what's happening here is that the heat
原理就是这个球无法得到其他能量
The whole principle is you can't gain energy,
原理与之相同
works on the same principle.
原因是 区别主要在于两者的功率
And the reason is, the main difference is to do with power.
原子间化学键的能量
of the bonds holding the atoms together.
原子要发生一系列核反应
the atoms need to undergo a series of nuclear reactions,
约五亿瓦特
on a sort of 500-megawatt scale,
运行原理很像法拉第的发电机
and it works a lot like a Faraday's generator.
仔细看 你会发现有荧光物
If you watch, it's going to go down this...
再见
Bye-bye for now.
再快一点 我觉得你能做到
Just a bit faster. I think you can do it.
再用这支蜡烛和一个风扇做个简单演示
And a simple example is again using this candle and a fan.
在澳大利亚 若要男子汉来演示这个实验
when real men do that demonstration,
在此期间
and, for all this time,
在过去的几周里
So, over the past few weeks,
在皇家科学院的各位男生
So, all the guys at the Royal Institution
在开始前 我给大家提出了一个问题
So, I gave you a test, or exam, at the beginning of that,
在看到甲烷被点燃之前
the plastic balloon going off first,
在某些光谱段它们就停止工作
they stop working at certain regions in the spectrum,
在天上挂着的那个巨大聚变堆 太阳
giant nuclear furnace in the sky, the sun,
在我身后的这个 叫做鲁布·戈德堡机械
right behind me is called a Rube Goldberg machine,
在下一次讲座中
In the next lecture,
在演讲开始的时候
Right at the start of the lecture,
在夜间飞行时则使用电池
in order to fly through the night with the batteries
在异常猛烈的雷雨天中
During pretty violent thunderstorms,
在这之前 我们需要一名志愿者
Before that, we do need a volunteer.
在专业术语中 这叫撒谎撒谎裤衩烧光
So, in scientific terms, we call that liar, liar, pants on fire.
这才能称为真正的火焰
So that's what I call a real flame.
这差不多就是所有
So, this is the basis
这场旅程中最艰难的部分是什么
What was the toughest part of the journey?
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:超限储能·驱动未来(2016) | 导航列表