剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:超限储能·驱动未来(2016) | 导航列表
我们来看看 摄像机靠近一点
So let's have a look, the camera there, look.
看看这个
Look at that.
绝对安全 可以食用
They're perfectly safe to eat,
如果有人想尝试一下...
so if you want to try them out, just...
工作人员会拿给大家
I think they're going to go round.
我来尝一只蟋蟀
I'm going to try one of the crickets.
味道好极了
They're great.
不好吃
No?
尝一尝 那边也来点
Try them out. There's some over there.
有谁尝过了
Who's tried some?
很好吃
They're nice.
你们觉得怎么样 吃了吗
So what do you think? Have you tried them?
好吃吗
Ok?
好吧 我
Ok, I...
好了 我
OK, I've...
我已经吃过了 我觉得它们
I've tried them and I think they are, actually...
挺好吃的
I think, actually, they're quite tasty.
所以它们才是未来的燃料
So that stuff, that really is the fuel of the future,
是时候揭晓我们能量大实验的结果了
and it's time to get the results from our big energy experiment.
我们从活跃组到最后面的
So we're going from the active group to the back,
懒汉演讲者
to The Lazy Lecturer.
休 感觉怎么样 懒汉演讲者
So, Hugh, how are you doing, Lazy Lecturer?
我感觉很好 非常感谢
I've done very well, thank you very much.
我今晚睡得很香 谢谢
I've had a lovely sleep this evening, thank you.
很高兴你度过了一段好时光
Oh, good, I'm glad you had a nice comfortable time.
我们马上说回你
Great, I'll come back to you in a second.
我们在后台进行了统计 现在结果出来了
Backstage, we've added up the numbers and the results are in.
在你们中间抽取了一部分样本 得到了数值
We've taken a sample of you lot and we've got the final figures,
现在结果到了我这
which have been fed to me.
对于沙发瘫组
Did you know that in terms of AA batteries,
消耗的能量
The Couch Potatoes,
相当于4498节5号♥电池
the amount of energy used is 4,498.
对舞动组来说
In terms of AA batteries for The Movers And Shakers,
相当于4942节5号♥电池
it's 4,942.
所以 半个演讲厅的人
So, really, the half of the lecture theatre
一直在跳来跳去
that was moving about all that time,
舞动组所消耗的能量
The Movers And Shakers, used just a bit more energy
只比静♥坐♥的人多一点
than the team who were just sitting,
总体上的差别
so, again, the overall difference...
对我们来说非常小
..Is pretty small overall, for all of us.
让我们再来看看懒汉演讲者 休
So let's go to our Lazy Lecturer once more, Hugh,
整个讲座中什么都没做 一直在睡觉
who's been lying down doing nothing for the whole lecture.
你什么也没做 也在消耗能量
Well, actually, you've burned energy doing absolutely nothing.
生命昂贵
Life is expensive.
尽管一直在休息
So, even at rest here,
我心脏的功率也会保持在一两瓦特之间
my heart would be working between one and two watts.
音乐响起时 我会兴奋起来
When the explosions went off and I got a bit more excited,
功率升到四五瓦特
probably running up to four or five watts.
大脑清醒时的功率大概在二十瓦特
Brain alert is running around 20 watts,
睡觉时也许会稍微降低
but maybe a little less when I was sleeping.
所以生命活动一直在持续
So there's constant activity going on,
即便是呼吸本身
even the work of breathing
也要用掉个体耗氧量的百分之四到五
will be consuming around 4-5% of your total oxygen consumption,
睡觉也需要很多能量
so even sleeping takes quite a lot of energy.
谢谢休一直在我的讲座上打呼
Well, thank you, Hugh, for snoring through my lectures.
谢谢你今天来到我的讲座
And thank you for coming along to my lecture today.
-谢谢休 -谢谢你邀请我
- Thank you, Hugh. - Thank you for having me.
掌声送给他
Shall we applaud him?
为什么舞动组消耗的能量
So why didn't The Movers And shakers use loads more energy
没有比沙发瘫组多很多
than The Couch Potatoes?
因为仅仅是维持生命和保持体温
Well, just keeping our bodies warm and alive
就需要大量的能量
takes a surprising amount of energy.
保持心跳消耗了每日5%的能量
Keeping our heart pumping uses 5% of our daily energy.
大脑则是20%
Our brains, 20%.
我们的肝脏超过了20%
Our liver, well over 20%.
事实上 我们大约70%的能量
In fact, about 70% of our energy
用在了维持生命上
goes on simply keeping alive,
我们每天到底需要多少能量呢
so what's the total amount of energy we use over a whole day?
对于我们的观众来说
If we scale up the results from the audience
大概相当于900节5号♥电池
it comes to approximately 900 AA batteries.
把一天消耗的能量
If we divide the amount of energy we use over a whole day
除以一天的秒数
by the number of seconds,
我们就得到了功率
we get a power rating.
这个数字告诉我们
This figure tells us
生命活动需要多少能量
how much energy it takes for all human activity.
我们的运动 我们的思想 我们的梦
Our movements, our thoughts, our dreams.
答案可能让你吃惊
The answer may surprise you.
也让我吃惊
It surprised me.
每个人的功率相当于
Each person has the same power rating as...
100瓦的灯泡
..100 watts light bulb.
这无疑是一个点亮思想的时刻
That is clearly a light bulb moment.
下一场八十周年圣诞讲座
And, next time, in our 80th anniversary Christmas lectures,
我们会尝试做一个可以连续使用一年
we're going to try and make a mobile phone last a whole year
而不需充电的手♥机♥
without plugging into the mains,
还要打破一项世界纪录
and also break a world record.
谢谢大家 晚安
Thank you and goodnight.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:超限储能·驱动未来(2016) | 导航列表