剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表
You'll get someone in charge who actually does hate you.
你们的对手将是真正憎恨你们的人
Point five.
第五点
Ah. Ah, yes. Point five.
是的 第五点
How will that be achieved?
如何才能实现呢
You demand the right for your own state officials to take
你们要求你们的政♥府♥官员有权
an active role in policing anti-Austrian feeling in Serbia.
积极参与整顿塞尔维亚国内的反♥奥♥情绪
There are many police forces
如今有许多
co-operating over national boundaries these days.
跨越国界的警力合作
Give me strength.
给我力量
You've also given us 48 hours -
你们还给了我们48小时
well, that's 18 hours now - to use our influence
现在只剩18小时了 用我们的影响力
and help Serbia move towards some of these demands.
帮助塞尔维亚遵循这些要求
I have been instructed to ask you
上级要我询问您
what position Britain would take
如果奥地利和塞尔维亚发生冲突
if a conflict would break out between Austria and Serbia.
英国会选择什么立场
There is a strong feeling in this country that
本国有一种强烈的情感
Serbia shouldn't be humiliated.
就是不能让塞尔维亚蒙羞
There's considerable admiration for her.
我们相当钦佩她
There is.
的确如此
Is there?
是吗
But, you know, I would very happily let you
我很乐意让你们和塞尔维亚人
and the Serbs sort this mess out between the two of you.
单独解决这个烂摊子
But I can't do that
但我不能那么做
because we both know there is a danger that Russia will be drawn in
因为我们都知道俄♥国♥有可能会卷进来
and the British interest would become involved.
英国的利益会受到影响
To join forces with Russia?
你们要和俄♥国♥合作吗
To mediate, you fool!
要进行调停 你个傻帽
Diplomacy is a branch of manners. That man has none.
外交也是礼仪的分支 那人毫不懂礼仪
Russia is outraged by this, Sir Edward.
俄♥国♥为此感到愤怒 爱德华爵士
We have our dignity too.
我们也有尊严
And Serbia is a friend of ours.
塞尔维亚是我们的朋友
We can't let her be put on the end of an Austrian chain.
我们不能将她置于奥匈帝国利益链的尾端
I think that's a slightly fanciful image, Count Benckendorff.
我觉得那种情况很容易想到 贝肯多夫伯爵
My government hopes you will support us as our trusted ally.
作为我们信赖的盟友 政♥府♥希望贵国给予支持
It's quite true.
没错
We have co-operated well in recent years, especially in Asia,
近年我们的合作很愉快 尤其是亚洲事务
and that has been gratifying.
这颇令人满意
But Afghanistan is not the Balkans.
但阿富汗可不是巴尔干半岛
What are you saying?
你什么意思
I'm saying I'm just warning you that
我只是提醒你
nobody in England much cares about Serbia.
在英国 没人关心塞尔维亚
It would infuriate the British people to know that
即使是为别国牺牲一头驴
even a single mule of ours had been sacrificed
英国人♥民♥知道了也会大为光火
for a country most of them cannot place on a map.
尤其是一个大部分英国人都不知道在哪儿的国家
That is outrageous.
真是太过分了
I'm not saying it's commendable,
我不是说这种情况值得称颂
I'm just outlining our difficulty.
只是告诉你我们的难处
Do you think this? He agrees with me.
你也这么认为吗 他同意我的观点
Ah, the other thing, my dear Count. Please.
尊敬的伯爵 还要请求您一件事
I would urge Russia to steady its own horses.
我敦促俄♥国♥管好自己的人马
I mean, Austria has put Serbia in an impossible position,
奥匈帝国将塞尔维亚置于进退两难的境地
I appreciate that.
我很欣赏
But it will be easier for me to play the mediator
但如果你们没有卷入纷争
if you are not already locked into their quarrel.
我这个调停者做起来会容易些
You do understand that?
你明白了吗
I'll get Prince Lichnowsky.
我去请李赫诺夫斯基亲王
I can't stay in here any longer. I need air.
我不能再待在这儿了 我需要新鲜空气
Good idea. We can use the garden.
好主意 我们去花♥园♥吧
Actually, I'd like to see the prince alone.
事实上 我希望单独会见亲王
You really didn't know?
你真的不知道吗
I discovered its contents at exactly the same time as you did.
我们完全是同时读到其内容的
Because I thought you were testing me at the cricket.
因为我以为你是在考验我
No-one in Germany knew what was in the ultimatum,
德国没有人知道最后通牒的内容
but a few people did know there'd be one. I see.
但少数人知道有这么回事 明白了
And did Germany encourage Austria to be militant
那德国有没有在草拟最后通牒的时候
in drawing up that ultimatum?
鼓动奥匈帝国备战呢
I can't answer that, Edward.
我不能回答这个问题 爱德华
Because you don't know?
因为你不知道吗
I can't answer that either.
这我也不能回答
Ah, what do you think the Kaiser will think when he reads it?
你觉得德皇读到它的时候会作何感想
He's currently on holiday, isn't he?
他目前不是正在度假吗
Yes, he is.
是 没错
He's definitely on holiday. I believe he gets back...
他当然正在度假 我相信他回来...
Yeah, no matter.
是吧 不要紧
But you say you were as ignorant of the actual contents
对于最后通牒的实际内容
of the ultimatum as we were?
你说你之前和我们一样毫不知情
So, tell me, man to man,
那请开诚布公地告诉我
now you've seen it, what do you think?
现在看过它了 你作何感想
What I think of it is probably what you think of it.
我的想法与你的一致
I think the Germans are playing with us.
我觉得德国人在玩我们
I realise that.
我知道
So why don't we send out a signal
那为什么不释放出
that we are not to be played with?
我们不会陪他们玩的信♥号♥♥呢
I meant I realise that's what you think.
我的意思是 我知道你在想什么
What, I'm wrong?
怎么 我错了吗
There's this curious defect somewhere, Crowe.
你有个令人费解的缺点 克劳
In me?
在我身上吗
In the way you operate.
在你处事方式上
You're always so eager to hold Germany
你总是急于认定
to an inappropriate moral standard.
德国的道德标准低下
Perhaps it comes from being an intellectual.
或许因为你是知识分子
Or perhaps because I was born in Germany?
又或许因为我出生在德国
I didn't say that. You're thinking it.
我没这么说 你在这么想
No, I'm not.
我没有
But like all abstract thinkers,
就像所有的抽象思维者一样
you have your idee fixe, your obsession.
你有一套固定思维和死脑筋
We can't afford obsessions.
死脑筋我们可要不得
We've developed a sophisticated diplomatic machine over the years.
多年来 我们创造出一套精密的外交机器
It's not perfect but it keeps the peace.
虽不完美 但可以维持和平
Villains get caught in its moving parts,
恶人在车轮之下被压碎
those who don't abide by the rules get spat out.
不遵守规则的被排除在外
Well, you know this.
你很清楚这一点
At least you used to.
至少曾经很清楚
Since this morning, we have but one task -
从今早开始 我们只有一项任务
to get the interested nations talking to each other.
就是让那些当事国相互沟通
Those with poisonous motives will be exposed,
怀有恶意的人会暴露
the machine will be greased - by me, by others -
我和其他人会给机器上润滑油
and it will operate as it did before.
它会像往常一样正常运转
You look well, Moltke. 20 pounds.
你看起来不错 毛奇 20镑
Carlsbad has worked its magic. I have heard.
卡尔斯巴德是个好地方 我听说了
The Kaiser will be excited about the Austrian ultimatum.
陛下知道了奥匈的最后通牒会很激动的
Mmm, yes, I think he will be.
是 我也这么觉得
Because he won't know what it means.
因为他不会知道这意味着什么
Well, he's finally getting his little Balkan war.
他终于可以看到巴尔干半岛爆发小战争了
Yes, he'll get that.
是的 如他所愿
He'll sit there contemplating that harmless little acorn of his,
他会坐着 凝视他那颗无害的小橡树果
but acorns have a habit of growing.
但橡树果可是会生长的
The little Balkan war
小规模的巴尔干战争
will not remain a little Balkan war forever.
不会永远保持小规模
The problem with our Kaiser is that
我们陛下的问题在于
he only ever plans one move ahead.
他只提前计划一步
Well, he's absolutely certain that
他相当确信
the Russians will not come to the aid of Serbia.
俄♥国♥人不会帮塞尔维亚
And he's right, but they will mobilise their army
他是对的 但他们会调动军队
and that will be enough.
那就够了
But why on earth would they do that?
但他们为何要这么做
I will leave them with no other choice.
我会让他们别无选择
It's not like you to sulk, Crowe.
生闷气可不像是你的风格 克劳
I am not sulking.
我没有生闷气
And now you're offended.
那现在就是被触怒了
剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表