剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表
Oh, only since 1870.
从1870年等到现在呢
此战被法国视为国耻
法国在1870年普法战争中惨败
For two years, Your Majesty,
陛下 只要我们稍稍节省一点
if we all adjust our diet a little.
就可以支撑两年
That's with grain from our own fields.
这还只是本国的土地出产的粮食
We may acquire fields elsewhere, of course.
我们还很有可能得到更多的土地
You mean in Russia.
你是指俄♥国♥吗
Russia...eventually.
俄♥国♥是最终目标
He's talking about France.
他是指法国
I wonder, Your Majesty, do you know how many ministers of war
我很好奇 陛下 您是否知道
the French Republic has had in the last 43 years?
过去43年里 法国换了多少战争部长
I will not guess.
我可不想猜
But I am sure my chancellor here will know the answer.
但我确定 我的宰相大人一定知道答案
42.
42个
That is correct. 42 ministers of war in 43 years.
没错 43年换了42任战争部长
And they wonder why their army is a rabble.
他们还奇怪为什么他们的军队是一团糟
But it isn't.
可它并不是
Bethmann Hollweg the soldier.
大军事家贝特曼·霍尔维格
Your Majesty, he wants to declare war on France!
陛下 他想对法国宣战
I don't want to.
不是我想
But I think a war between us is bound to happen.
而是我认为这场战争势必会发生
He wants to. And I will tell you this -
是他个人想开战 请你记住
Britain will not stay neutral in a war that takes in France!
如果法国开战 英国不会袖手旁观的
Britain is not capable of getting involved.
英国根本无法参战
She cannot spare the troops.
他们根本抽不出人手
He means Ireland.
他是指爱尔兰问题
She will risk how many divisions on the Continent?
英国人会愿意在欧陆炮灰几个师呢
Four? Five?
顶多四五个
They would get swept up in the general rout.
一场大败就可以把他们扫荡干净
This is irresponsible talk.
这完全是不负责任的言论
Gentlemen, it's a beautiful summer's evening...
先生们 正当夏日薄暮 美不胜收
and I think we deserve some refreshments.
我们应该喝上一杯 犒劳下自己
You have to say it would teach the British a thing or two.
不得不说这样可以让英国接受点教训
Well, if you insist on making war on the Continent then...
如果你坚持要在欧陆开战
don't just send a few outriders, do it properly.
别只派几个侦察兵就算了 要大张旗鼓
I would ask the Cabinet for authorisation to move
我想请求内阁批准
to a full mobilisation of the Royal Navy.
皇家海军全体动员备战
Do that and I go! Oh, John...
那么我就辞职 约翰
I'm sorry, Prime Minister, but that is gunboat diplomacy.
抱歉 首相 但这是炮舰外交
Any fool can make an heroic gesture,
装英雄充好汉 傻子都会
but let's not confuse that with, with a bid for peace.
但那和寻求和平不是一回事
Hear, hear.
是啊 是啊
Liberalism's has got to mean something more intelligent
自♥由♥主义意味着用智慧解决问题
than pulling the gun out every time you're in a quarrel.
而不是一有矛盾就拔枪架炮
It's an accompaniment, John,
约翰 对我目前所做的事而言
to what I'm doing.
武力是不可少的一部分
We'll keep on talking.
我们可以继续探讨
I would offer my resignation, too, Prime Minister.
我也将提出辞呈 首相
And I.
我也是
Prime Minister, you will not take the Liberal Party
首相 你永远别想拉着自♥由♥党
with you into a European war.
一起卷入欧洲战争
But can I suggest this?
但我能否提个建议
We have evidently lost control of what is taking place
很明显 对于奥地利和俄♥国♥之间的事态
between Austria and Russia.
我们已经无能为力
But we are still capable of influencing
但我们仍然可以调解
what is happening between Germany and France.
德国和法国之间的矛盾
That is where our peacemaking efforts should now be.
那应该成为我们调停劝和工作的重点
Sir Edward?
爱德华爵士
I should like to make a telephone call
我需要和德国大使
to the German Ambassador.
通个电♥话♥
Your Excellency, Sir Edward is on the Number Ten telephone
大使先生 爱德华爵士在电♥话♥10号♥线
and would like to speak with you.
他想与您谈谈
You must promise not to attack France.
德国必须承诺不会进攻法国
That is key...
那是决定
in the event of a Russian-German conflict breaking out.
德俄是否会爆发战争的关键点
It is an...
这是...
Do you understand?
你明白吗
And we will undertake to guarantee...
而我们会负责保证
..that Britain and France will not attack Germany in return.
作为条件 英国和法国也不会进攻德国
The French have agreed to this?
法国已经同意了吗
What?
什么
The French have...? Oh, that is correct.
法国已经... 没错
Then I will take responsibility for saying now
那么我现在可以负责任地说
that the German government
对于您的提议
will respond positively, pleasurably to your initiative.
德国政♥府♥将非常乐意予以积极响应
Sir Edward?
爱德华爵士
Sir Edward Grey's proposal is to be commended
对爱德华·格雷爵士的提议应予接受
for guaranteeing the security...
以此保证
..of our border with France.
德法边界的安宁
What did you say to Germany?
你对德国说了什么
You have sold us, I can tell.
你出♥卖♥♥♥了我们 我看得出来
Crowe, please, will you join us?
克劳 请和我们一起进来
I have not sold you. It is simply this.
我没有出♥卖♥♥♥你们 仅此而已
The Cabinet feels Britain has no interest in
内阁认为 英国无意插手
what is essentially an Austro-Russian dispute in the east.
俄奥两国之间在东方存在的分歧
France, of course has her alliance with Russia,
当然 法国与俄♥国♥有盟约
the provisions of which we know nothing about
但条款的细节我们并不清楚
and we cannot allow ourselves to be the tail to Russia's comet.
我们也不会让自己成为俄♥国♥的牺牲品
You have sold us! We haven't.
你把我们出♥卖♥♥♥了 没有
Each day we delay our mobilisation
我们每推迟动员一天
we lose the equivalent of 25km of French territory
就相当于将来战争爆发时
if war does break about.
多败退25公里
Well, I appreciate France's restraint
我们感谢法国的克制
and would urge her to continue on that course.
并鼓励继续保持现状
How many French lives will it take to get each of those 25km back?
每夺回25公里 会牺牲多少法国人
Paul... Are you going to wait
保罗 你是不是打算等到
until France is violated before you act?
法国遭到入侵 才会采取行动
You must make your own decision and not reckon on British assistance.
你必须自主决定 而不是寄希望于英国相助
We, for our part,
至于我们自己
will continue to explore peace initiatives with Germany.
会继续向德国发起和平倡议
This evening the word "Honour"
今晚 "荣誉"一词
will be struck from the English dictionary.
将从英语辞典中消失
I thought he would be a little more pliable.
我还以为他反应不会这么激烈
He's distraught, of course.
他自然会气急败坏
I think the French will back down.
法国人会放弃动员备战
I think they'll see sense.
他们会恢复理性的
Can I ask you, sir...
先生 我能问问你
what precisely did you say to Prince Lichnowsky on the telephone?
你在电♥话♥里对李赫诺夫斯基亲王具体说了什么
I, um, I told him...
我 我告诉他
I'm not entirely sure, Crowe.
我也记不清了 克劳
That's rather awkward.
那就 非常麻烦了
Everyone thinks I have the power to invent new facts
一旦事情陷入危机 每个人都觉得
when the old ones become dangerous.
我就能使其柳暗花明
They think if they tell me their predicament,
他们认为 如果他们把困境告诉我
it will disappear.
困境就会迎刃而解
To them you are Great Britain.
对他们而言 你就是大英帝国
You hold immense power.
你拥有巨大的权力
I am also just Edward Grey.
但同时 我也只是爱德华·格雷
The Kaiser ordered the mobilisation of our army
德皇当天晚上下令
against Russia that evening.
动员我们的军队对阵俄♥国♥
And then, France also mobilised.
随后法国也下达了总动员令
If the iron dice roll, may God help us.
铁血骰子已掷下 愿上帝站在我们一边
Trains must leave every 90 seconds.
火车必须每隔一分半钟开走一趟
No delays. No excuses.
严格执行 不得拖延
A million of our soldiers would soon be on the move.
百万德国士兵即将走上战场
And I would be one of them.
我也将成为他们的一员
We think we are good at this. Let us prove it.
我们自信百战百胜 那就证明给世人看
But then suddenly, out of the clear blue sky,
但突然之间 出人意料地
came Edward Grey's peace plan.
爱德华·格雷的和平方案从天而降
The one he proposed on the telephone to Prince Lichnowsky.
就是他在电♥话♥中向德国大使提出的方案
剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表