剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表
and it has made you irresponsible.
让你显得很不负责任
It is you who can stop it.
只有你才能阻止事态恶化
You alone.
只有你
The power is yours.
权力在你手里
Whom did I say was next?
接下来我该和谁谈
Sir, before you see Prince Lichnowsky,
爵士 在你会见李赫诺夫斯基亲王之前
you must see this. Please.
你必须得看看这个 求您了
Are you sure?
你确定吗
I'm 100% sure about the recent lengthening of the railway platforms,
我可以100%确定这些火车站台在加长
and I'm 95% sure that German troops
95%确信德军
are heading towards the Belgian border.
正向比利时边界进发
But can we be certain they intend to cross into Belgium?
但我们能确定他们打算跨过比利时边界吗
Might there not be an innocent explanation for all this activity?
难道就没有什么合理的解释吗
Certainly there might.
当然可能有
I can't think what it would be. But...
虽然我想不到什么合理解释 但
Well, why don't I just ask him?
我不如直接问他
Of course, after last night,
当然 昨晚过后
we can't afford a second misunderstanding.
我们经不起再来一次误解了
I take full responsibility for that.
那件事我负全责
Please don't. I rather think we egged each other on.
请别这样 我倒认为是你我互相诱导
The damn telephone, too.
还有那该死的电♥话♥
The thing was invented to make fools of us.
就是发明出来愚弄我们的
It's not created difficulties for you? Hmm, none.
没让你遭遇什么责难吧 没有
Yourself? I don't know.
你自己呢 我不知道
No, I don't think so.
不 我觉得没有
May I ask you an awkward question?
我能冒昧地问你一个问题吗
If I may reserve the option of pretending I didn't hear it.
那我要保留假装没听到的权利了
What would you say
如果我告诉你
if I told you I have certain reasons to believe
有些原因让我相信
that someone in Germany...
在德国国内
..Someone in a high command,
最高决策层里有人
is contemplating an invasion of Belgium?
打算进攻比利时 你怎么看
I would say that is impossible.
我觉得不可能
We have a treaty with Belgium, as you do.
我们和比利时签署了条约 你们也是
But Belgium is a back door to Paris.
但比利时是巴黎的后门
Belgium is a sovereign country.
比利时是个主♥权♥国家
It is the back door to Paris. It is also a back door to Berlin.
也是巴黎的后门 还是柏林的后门呢
Belgium makes us all honest.
比利时使得我们都挺老实
It makes the French honest, it makes Germany honest.
让法国老老实实 让德国老老实实
To violate Belgian sovereignty would be madness.
侵犯比利时的主♥权♥简直是疯狂
We have received reports in the last 24 hours
过去24小时内 我们接到消息
of French troops along the Givet-Namur road...
有法军在日韦-那慕尔公路沿线活动
And therefore,
因此
in the light of this violation of your territory,
有鉴于这一对贵国领土的侵犯行为
and of the 1839 treaty, we are obliged to request
根据1839年签订的公约 我们不得不要求
of the Belgian government free access for our own troops
比利时政♥府♥允许我军自♥由♥通行
to engage the French.
以约束法军
You have 12 hours to respond.
你们有12小时回应时间
This will be our casus belli. It might be.
这将成为我们开战的理由 只是可能
It's an immaculate one, too.
这理由也非常正当
No oil reserves, no coaling stations, no gold fields.
既没有石油储备 也没有煤矿站或是金矿
Just poor little Belgium at the mercy of the German juggernaut.
只有可怜的比利时等着被德国铁骑碾压
Even the radicals will be filled with indignation.
就算是激进分子也会义愤填膺的
If Germany invades.
前提是德国真的入侵
The legal situation is not altogether clear.
但开战的法律依据并不明晰
We would probably still need an official request for assistance
我们可能还需要比利时政♥府♥发出
from the Belgian government to avoid breaching the same treaty.
正式援助请求 才能避免和德国人一样背约
We cannot be more Belgian than the Belgians.
我们不可能比比利时人更清楚该做什么
Surely they will ask for our help. I have no idea.
他们肯定会求援的 我可不确定
It's possible the Belgian army will simply fire a token shot
很可能比利时军仅象征性地打一打
and then line the roads while the German army passes through.
然后夹道欢迎德军通过
"If we are to be crushed" Said the Belgian King,
"如果我们被击垮" 比利时国王如是说
"Let us be crushed gloriously."
"那就光荣就义吧"
That night his Government had resolved
当夜 比利时政♥府♥决心
"to repel every attack on its right."
"击退任何攻击以捍卫国权"
And King Albert himself composed a personal appeal to the Kaiser,
阿尔贝国王亲自向德皇写了一封控诉信
translated by his German wife.
由他的德国妻子负责翻译
But there was no cry for help directed to London.
但伦敦没有收到任何求援消息
Not yet.
暂时没有
And I'll be honest with you.
实话说
Not one man here wanted it to come.
这儿没人希望收到这样的消息
What would they say if they truly knew
如果他们真的知道所身处的世界
what was happening to their world?
正在发生些什么 他们会怎么说
Tell me, Winston,
告诉我 温斯顿
what does it take to lead a democracy into war?
怎样才能让民♥主♥国家自愿投身战争
I do not know. It's never been done before.
我不知道 还没人试过
We would be the first, in Europe at any rate.
不管怎么看 我们都是欧洲第一个
It means seeking the approval of those
大概要征求那些
who are going to die in it, I suppose.
未来的捐躯者的同意吧
Our forebears never had that problem.
我们的祖先就没那样的问题
And we record their names now.
我们现在仍记得他们的名字
Of those who fall, I mean.
我是说那些牺牲的人
It makes it so personal.
让人觉得如此亲近
Have you told your parents?
你告诉父母了吗
I haven't had the time.
还没来得及
You ought to.
你该告诉他们
I'm their only son, Muriel.
我是他们的独子 莫丽尔
They'd be horrified if they knew that I was thinking of volunteering.
如果他们知道我想参军 肯定得吓坏了
But they'll have to know eventually. No, not necessarily.
但他们终究会知道的 不 不一定
It may still blow over.
事态还是可能平息的
It might not come to war.
可能不会发展成战争
So, Germany has requested free movement of her troops
德国要求获得军队在比利时境内的
across Belgium and so far, Belgium has refused to give it,
自♥由♥通行权 目前为止比利时都予以拒绝
and has not asked for our assistance and may never do so.
也没有向我们求援 可能将来也不会
So, we are where we were.
我们这是原地踏步
Except one power has signalled its intention
只是有一个大国已表露出
to break a venerable treaty.
违背某个庄严誓约的意图
What was that shrug for? Do these things not matter?
为什么耸肩 这些事情难道不重要吗
Words on paper, composed long ago.
不过是很久以前的一纸空文罢了
Words have to mean something.
文书总得有些意义
Otherwise, all that remains is the cannon.
否则 剩下的只有枪炮
And let us think of France.
想想法国
I know you don't want to, but consider her position.
我知道你们不想 但想想她的立场
Cowardice won't save her now.
现在示弱救不了她
She is about to be overwhelmed by the might of the German Army,
她即将遭受德军铁骑的压倒性攻势
whether she fights or not.
不管她抗不抗争都一样
Words do have to mean something, of course they do.
文书当然得有意义 毋庸置疑
But let us not pretend
但是别忘了
that our own ill-chosen words would not have awesome consequences
措辞不当会给我们数以百万的同胞
for millions of our countrymen.
带来可怕的后果
We can fill this room with noble thoughts
我们可以坐在这里大谈
about treaties honoured and solemn promises kept.
光荣的条约和庄严的承诺
We can flatter ourselves
我们可以安慰自己
that we are the custodians of international law
我们是国际法的监管人
and that Germany is a nation of brigands.
德国则是强盗之国
But think, think, gentlemen,
但好好想想 先生们
think of the consequences that would flow from such high-mindedness.
想想可能由这高尚的风格引发的后果
We have not fought a European war for several generations
我们有好几代没打过欧洲大战了
and, necessarily, we've forgotten what it is like to do so,
我们想必已经忘却了欧战的惨烈
and this makes us brave and frivolous.
这使得我们无畏且轻浮
How does an army of several million men
一支装备了无数大炮巨舰的
defeat another army of several million men
数百万大军 该怎样才能击败
with all the metal they have these days at their disposal?
另一支同样装备精良的数百万大军
None of us knows, not even the generals,
没人知道 甚至连将军也不知道
although they pretend to.
虽然他们假装自己知道
If the European nations come to blows tonight,
如果欧洲国家在今晚
or in the next few days,
或者近几天打起来
I foresee a calamity lasting years.
我预言这将是一场持续数年的灾难
It will be a war without victors,
这将是一场没有胜者的战争
which is the worst war imaginable,
将是你能想象到的最惨烈的战争
剧集 | 战前37天(2014) | 导航列表