The origin of the word "psychology" is greek.
"心理学 "一词起源于希腊语
It means science of the soul.
意思是灵魂科学
A new form of medicine that seeks to explain the phenomena of the mind,
一种试图解释心灵现象的新医学形式,
a much-misunderstood part of the human body,
一个经常被人误解的人体部位
which for some has greatly compounded their suffering.
对一些人来说,这大大加重了他们的痛苦
May you live in his light forever and ever
愿你永远生活在他的光芒之中
Martín, nombre de Cristo nuestro Salvador.
马丁,基♥督♥之名,我们的救世主
By the sign of his cross
以十字架为标志
You are saved.
你得救了
You are saved.
你得救了
May you live in his light forever and ever
愿你永远生活在他的光芒之中
Is this really what you want?
这才是你真正想要的吗?
I have already lost so many of my flock
我已经失去了很多羊群
Famine. Drought.Disease.
饥荒 干旱 疾病
Why do you allow those who love you to suffer so much?
为什么你会允许那些爱你的人被如此的痛苦折磨?
You can leave that right there. Thank you.
就放在这里吧 谢谢
Gracias. - Thank you so much.
谢谢 - 非常感谢
Excuse me?
你说什么?
Excuse me!
打扰一下
You're from the Marquez Ranch?
你是从马尔克斯牧场来的吗?
Dear Isabella, your son's case is intriguing.
亲爱的伊莎贝拉,你儿子的状况很耐人寻味
I'm eager to learn more.
我渴望了解更多
I believe the abnormalities to be related to the mind, not the body.
我认为异常与精神而非身体有关
I would like to come in person.
我想亲自来一趟
With proper time and the latest in mental science,
有了适当的时间和最新的心理科学,
I am confident that we can come to understand his peculiar intellect
我相信我们能够理解他奇特的智慧
and integrate your son back into society.
让您的儿子重新融入社会
I look forward to meeting you.
我期待着与您见面
Grace.
格雷斯
Maria!
玛丽亚
Good evening, ma'am.
晚上好,女士
Doctor Grace Victoria Burnham.
格蕾丝-维多利亚-伯纳姆医生
Pleased to meet you. - I am Maria.
很高兴见到您 - 我叫玛丽亚
You are here to save us? - Shh!
你是来救我们的?- 嘘!
How was your trip?
旅途如何?
Very agreeable. Thank you.
非常称心 谢谢
Come, I'll show you to your room.
来吧,我带你去你的房♥间
I would like to see the boy as soon as possible. Is he still awake?
我想尽快见到那孩子 他还醒着吗?
It is best to see the Don first.
最好先去看看唐再说
Temo will come with your things.
特莫会把你的东西带过来
Very good. Shall I meet Isabella then?
很好 那我能见下伊莎贝拉吗?
You should speak to the Don first.
你应该先跟唐谈谈
Don Nicolas Marquez. May I introduce Grace Victoria Burnham.
尼古拉斯-马尔克斯阁下,请允许我向您介绍格蕾丝-维多利亚-伯纳姆
Señor Marquez, it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.
马克斯先生,很高兴终于见到您了
Señora...
夫人...
I don't understand. Where is the doctor?
不知道 医生在哪里?
I am Doctor Burnham.
我就是伯纳姆医生
Hmm.
嗯
I see.
我明白了
Temo will return you to the station tomorrow.
特莫明天会把你送回车站
We have no need of a nurse. - Excuse me?
我们不需要护士 - 你说什么?
I'm sorry you came all this way.
很抱歉让你大老远白跑一趟
Come.
跟我来
Come.
跟我来
If there is a sick patient in this home, I will see to him.
如果家里真有病人,我偏要帮他看看
No matter how ignorant his father is.
不管他的父亲多么无知
How dare you?
你敢?
Sir, the train only caomes once a week,
先生,火车一周只来一次
perhaps she can stay until then?
也许在那之前她可以留下来?
Fine, but I won't allow anyone to disrespect me in my home.
好吧,但是我不会允许任何人在我家里不尊重我
You may see the boy tonight.
今晚你就能见到那孩子了
I'm sorry for that.
刚才的事 我很抱歉
It's a bitter man who puts his prejudices before the welfare of his own child.
一个将自己的偏见置于孩子健康之上的痛苦的人
He has good reason. - Is that so?
他有充分的理由 - 是这样吗?
He doesn't seem like a man moved by reason.
他不像是一个能被理性打动的人
I'm assuming it was Isabella who taught the boy.
我猜是伊莎贝拉在教这孩子
Martín taught himself.
马丁是自学成才的
You keep him like this? - It is best.
你就这样关着他?- 这样最好
It's all right. This is Doctor Burnham.
没事了,这是伯纳姆医生
Nice to meet you, ma'am.
很高兴认识你,女士
Likewise, Martin. My name is Grace.
我也是,马丁,我叫格蕾丝
Look, Martín. She's from Nueva York.
看,马丁。她从纽约来的
It's a pleasure to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Your music was lovely.
你的音乐很动听
Was that Paganini?
是帕格尼尼吗?
May I sit?
我可以坐下吗?
Thank you, Martín.
谢谢你,马丁
Father Antonio, thank you, but you may leave us now.
安东尼奥神父,谢谢您,但您现在可以离开了
I'm sorry, Señora, I must stay.
对不起,夫人,我必须留下来
Can you read to me?
你能念给我听吗?
Yes. But first, I'd like to ask you some questions.
可以,但首先,我想问你几个问题
Would that be all right?
这样可以吗?
And do you like cowboys?
你喜欢牛仔吗?
They're called gauchos here or vaqueros.
他们在这里被称作高乔人,或者瓦奎罗人
That's what I'm going to be.
这也是我的未来
You are quite the enthusiast.
你真是个发烧友
You'd make Buffalo Bill very proud.
你会让布法罗·比尔非常骄傲的
You've been as well to a show?
你也去看演出了?
I have.
是的
During the World's Fair in Chicago.
芝加哥世界博览会期间
You're very lucky.
你很幸运
Mama says Buffalo Bill is almost a good cowboy as papá.
妈妈说布法罗·比尔和爸爸差不多 是个好牛仔
I'm sure she's right.
我相信她说得没错
Did she buy you all these books?
这些书都是她给你买♥♥的吗?
Some.
有的是
But she won't buy any more books for me.
但她不会再给我买♥♥书了
And why is that?
为什么呢?
Because I killed her.
因为我杀了她
Martín...
马丁...
Can you tell me what happened?
你能告诉我发生了什么吗?
Martín?
马丁?
Would you like me to read to you now?
你想让我现在读给你听吗?
Very good
非常好
Slow down, Martín!
慢点,马丁!
Isabella, no!
伊莎贝拉,不
Martín!
马丁
Martín!
马丁
Why have you allowed him to perpetuate this idea that he killed his mother?
你为什么允许他继续传播他杀了自己母亲的说法?
Because that is what happened.
因为事情就是这样
He's always been like this.
他总是这样
The very day Martín was born, that's when the locusts came.
就在马丁出生的那天,蝗虫来了
It is like "Exodus 10".
这就像 "出埃及记第 10 章"
"The Lord sent a plague onto Egypt, and that plague was death."
"上帝向埃及降下了瘟疫" "那瘟疫就是死亡"
Father Antonio...
安东尼奥神父
before we begin Martín's treatment, let me be clear.
在开始治疗马丁之前,请允许我把话说清楚
We are dealing with a disorder. A disease of the mind.
我们面对的是一种失调 一种心理疾病
Religion is not a factor.
宗教跟这没有半点关系
It is a matter of science and we'll solve it as one.
这是一个科学问题,我们也会当成科学问题来解决
Sí, señora.
是的,夫人
She went to the World's Fair.
她去了世界博览会
What?
你说什么
Doctor Grace,She was in Chicago.
格蕾丝医生, 她去过芝加哥
She saw Bufallo Bill.
她见过布法罗.比尔
If we say we have no sin,
如果我们说我们没有罪、
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
我们就是自欺欺人,真理不在我们心中
And who decides what is a sin?
谁来决定什么是罪?
Martín, I would like to visit your mother's grave.
马丁,我想去给你母亲扫墓
Would you mind taking me?
你能带我去吗?
It's better if we stay in the hacienda.
我们还是住在庄园里比较好
No! She should see my mother.
她应该去看看我妈妈