我们可不骗人,观众们.
We didn't lie to you, folks.
我告诉过你们我们拥有活生生的会呼吸的怪物.
We told you we had living,breathing, monstrosities.
你们一定会开怀大笑,或是被吓得发抖,当然还有更多奇妙的体验
You'll laugh at them,shudder at them, and yet,
...如果谁要是投错了胎,
...but for the accident of birth,
...一定就会变得跟他们一样了.
...you might be even as they are.
他们也不是自个想变成怪物的...
They did not ask to be brought into the world...
...但是他们没有办法选择.
...but into the world they came.
他们的外表就是他们生存的法则
Their code is a law unto themselves
冒犯了他们之中的任何一个,
Offend one,
你就等于冒犯了他们所有人.
and you offend them all.
现在,尊敬的观众们,
And now, folks,
如果你们准备好了观看表演,你们将会见证这最让人震惊的场面,
if you'll just step this way,you are about to witness the most amazing,
...最让人毛骨悚然的,各式各样的畸形人.
...the most astounding,living monstrosity of all time.
朋友们,
Friends,
...她曾经是个美丽的女人.
...she was once a beautiful woman.
一位皇室的王子曾为了她开枪自杀.
A royal prince shot himself for love of her.
人们把她比作会飞的孔雀...
She was known as the peacock of the air...
她是我见过的最美丽最高挺的女人.
She's the most beautiful big woman I have ever seen.
汉斯,该死的你都在说些什么呢!我会害羞的.
Why, Hans, how you talk!I should be jealous pretty soon.
哦,别害羞.
Ah, don't be silly.
别害羞?
Don't be silly?
我想这个女人正盯着我的汉斯.
I think this woman's making eyes at my Hans.
当然,我才不会嫉妒呢.
Of course, I ain't jealous.
哦, 弗里达, 我亲爱的,我心里只有一个女人...
Oh, Frieda, my dear, I have eyes for only one woman...
...就那个会成为我的妻子的女人.
...the woman I ask to be my wife.
你在嘲笑我吗?
Are you laughing at me?
不不不,
monsieur. Why no, monsieur.
那还好.
Then I'm glad.
我怎么会笑你呢?
Why should I laugh at you?
很多高大的人都这么样.他们从来没有意识到我也是个男人,
Most big people do.They don't realize I'm a man,
...他们每个人的想法都是一样的.
...with the same feelings they have.
谢谢.
Thank you.
你人真好,
monsieur. You are so kind, monsieur.
真好真好.
Nice, nice.
去,去
Don't, don't.
过些时候来见我,
You must come to see me sometime,
...我们一起喝点葡萄酒.
...and we'll have a little wine together.
谢谢
Thank you
...这只是你的幻想.
...only your imagination.
但是Monsieur Dubois,
首先,我甚至都不能相信我自己的眼睛. But Monsieur Dubois, at first,I could not believe my own eyes.
许多可怕的,扭曲的东西,画布,金雀花,还有各种其他的事物.
A lot of horrible, twisted things crawling,whining,globbering.
真的吗,Jon,你昨晚喝了什么?
Really, Jon, what were you drinking last night?
什么也没喝,monsieur,我向你保证
.Nothing,monsieur,I assure you.
哦,monsieur,我想法国一定有这么一条条例...
Oh, monsieur, there must be a law in France...
...以限制怪物出生,
...to smother such things at birth,
...或者把他们关起来
...or lock them up
好吧, Jon,
All right, Jon,
...如果我的广场上有任何东西如你所说的一样,我们一定把它挪开
...if there's anything like you say on my grounds we'll have it removed.
滚开!
Go away!
全都给我滚开!
Go away all of you!
难道你不知道辫子和偷窃是一样的令人厌恶吗
Don't you know tresspassing's the same as stealing.
哦,真对不起,
monsieur. Oh, I'm sorry, monsieur.
我是热带鱼夫人.这些都是我马戏团的孩子们.
I am Madame Tetrallini.These are children of my circus.
孩子!怪物!
Children! Monsters!
哦,你们是马戏团的. 我明白了.
Oh, you're a circus. I understand.
正如你所见,
monsieur, So you see, monsieur,
...如果我有机会的话,我真想正大光明的把他们带到阳光下
...when I have a chance I like to take them into the sunshine
...让他们像个孩子一样玩耍.
...and let them play like children.
其实他们大多是还都是...
That is what most of them are...
...孩子.
...children.
孩子...孩子.
Children...children.
请你忘了这个误会,夫人.我很高兴你能继续留下来.
Please forget the mistake, madame.You are welcome to remain.
Au revoir.
来吧, Jon. Au revoir. Come, Jon.
太感谢了,monsieur.
Thanks a thousand, monsieur.
哦,多么可耻.
Oh, shame, shame, shame.
告诉你多少次了不要这么容易害怕
How many times have I told you not to be frightened.
难道我没有告诉过你上帝会照顾好他的每个孩子吗?
Have I not told you God looks after all his children?
晚安,热带鱼夫人
Good evening Madam Tetralini
你好,热带鱼夫人?今晚真是挤...
How are you Madam Tetralini? Big crowd tonight...
她带他们下去练习了.
There she goes taking them off to exercise.
看护一大堆的肮脏的畸形儿.
Nurse to a lot of mangy freaks.
哈哈!他们可要举着旗帜抗♥议♥了
Ah ha! Just as they are represented on the banners,
你会在后台看到他们,这些活生生的怪物
you will meet them on the inside...living, breathing monstrosities:
约瑟芬-约瑟夫,一半女人,一半男人.
Josephine-Joseph,half woman, half man.
来根雪茄,约瑟夫?
Have a cigar, Joseph?
你的口红掉了, 约瑟芬.
You dropped your lipstick, Josephine.
可别揭他的疮疤啊,要不他会一拳打在你的鼻尖上.
Don't get her sore or he'll punch you in the nose.
来吧,快点!
Come on! Hurry up!
你们都错了.我没,没,从没这么干过.
You're all wrong.I didn't d-d-do it.
你们在做什么, 很有趣吗?
What are you trying to do, be funny?
啊,你们是不会明白的.
Ah, you just d-don't understand.
一个罗马女士从公牛身上下来,不巧自己的脸划伤了!
A Roman lady getting off the bull and scratching yourself!
难道罗马女士不能找粉刺吗,切?
Well, c-can't a Roman lady itch?
你为什么不洗个澡.
Why don't you take a bath.
我洗过了,不过公牛需要洗一个
I did, but it's the bull that needs the b-b-bath.
我想她喜欢你...
I think she likes you...
..但是他不喜欢.
...but he d-don't.
哦汉斯, 你送给我的那些花,真是太美了
Oh Hans, those flowers you sent to me...they were beautiful!
但是没有一朵比你还美.
But none as beautiful as you.
哦,谢谢.
Oh, thank you.
汉斯,我不喜欢问太多,
And Hans, I don't like to ask,
...我能得到那一千块贷款吗?在我取到从巴黎寄来的钱之前
...but may I have the loan of another thousand franks until my money from Paris arrives?
当然可以, 芙兰.
With pleasure, fraeulein.
真是谢谢你.
Thank you.
我今晚拿到你的货车去.
I'll bring it to your wagon tonight.
哦,别提了,别提了.也许是我犯傻了.
Oh forget it, forget it.Maybe I was just fooling.
犯傻?
Fooling? Fooling, huh?
"来吧小姑娘, 我想好好照顾你"我觉得我该这么做!
"Come little girl, I want to take care of you." Oh, and I fell for that!
算了吧,算了.
Ah forget it, forget it.
你不要了? 真的吗?
So you're quitting? Is that it?
我想是我犯傻了.
Maybe I'm only fooling.
不过这可不是你要甩了我,是我要把你踢出去!
Well you're not quitting me,'cause I'm kicking you out!
哦?
Oh?
哦,不,别这样.
Oh no you don't.
我把这给你.
I gave you this.
你干嘛这么下♥贱♥...!
Oh! Why you cheap...! Oh!
为什么今晚你不来这哭上一晚呢,试着回到这里来.
And don't you come around crying tonight,trying to get back in.
我确实是在你这样的女人身上浪费时间和金钱
I'm through wasting my time and money on dames like you.
是啊,浪费你时间了,不过浪费的可是我的钱
Yeah, you're time, but my money!
忘恩负义的小杂种.
Ungrateful little tramp.
你在看什么?没见过美女啊?
Well, what are you staring at? Didn't you ever see a lady move before?
我想你听到他所说的每一句话了.
I guess you been listening to every word he said.
对了,笑吧,笑吧.多么有趣,不是吗.
That's it. That's it, go ahead and laugh.It's funny ain't it.
女人们很有趣,不是吗.
Women are funny, ain't they.
他们都是些小婊♥子♥,是的.除非你能给她们出钱她们才变乖.
They're all tramps, ain't they. Yeah. Except when you can get money from them.
嘿嘿嘿,等会...
Well, I'll be...
你把你当成什么了.
Say, who do you think you are, shooting off your hat.
嘿,这是Phroso...你正在和大名鼎鼎的Phroso讲话!
Hey, this is Phroso...Phroso you're talking to!
你把我当什么了
Not any of those lugs you been chasing around with.
现在听我说..
Now you listen to me..
哦,我不是针对你.我只是想找个人发泄一下.
Oh, I didn't mean you.I had to take it out on somebody.
是的,你们女人都是这样.
Yeah, you dames is all alike.
让我先把妆化了,每次你都要这样不停的哭喊吗.
You sharp shoot your cheeks,and how you squeal when you get what's coming to you.
放轻松.别哭了!
Aw, easy. Take it easy. Cut it!
这都是我的错.
It's my own fault.
为什么我会如此伤心反常,还不是那个蛮牛的关系
What gets me so cockeyed sore at myself is that I fell for that big bunch of beef.
现在你已经清醒了,不是吗 So you finally got wise to yourself, did you?
女人真是奇怪的动物...
Funny thing about you women...
...年轻的时候你们总是没头没脑,直到人老珠黄的时候才发现耗尽了青春
...most of you don't get wise soon enough.You wait until you're so old nobody wants you.
人总要清醒的.
Nobody does most of the time.
是啊,你和他在一起简直是自断前程