喝酒吧
Wine, yeah.
-为健康干杯 -你有杯子吗
- Prost. - You have a glass?
对 敬艾丝蒂
Yeah. To Esty.
-敬艾丝蒂 -干杯
- To Esty. - L'chaim.
-对 -干杯
- Yeah. - L'chaim.
-干杯 -如果你不介意的话
- Prost! - If you don't mind...
*神圣的拉比将在新娘面前*
*The holy rabbi will perform the mitzvah*
*跳起成人礼舞蹈*
*of dancing before the bride*
*愿他的神圣先祖保佑*
*May the merit of his holy forebears*
*给新娘和新郎带来祝福*
*bring blessings upon the bride and groom*
*我们会跳起轻快的舞蹈*
*And all will dance quickly in our days*
*走向正义的弥赛亚之路*
*toward our righteous Messiah*
*新郎将和虔诚的新娘共同起舞*
*The groom will now dance with his pious bride*
*向上帝和祂的神圣显现致敬*
*for the sake of the holy union of God and His Shechinah*
*一个人要如何对着新娘跳舞*
*How does one dance before the bride?*
*愿他们建立一个长久的家庭*
*May they build an everlasting home*
*我们会跳起轻快的舞蹈*
*And all will dance quickly in our days*
*走向正义的弥赛亚之路*
*toward our righteous Messiah*
现在我们怎么办
Now what do we do?
给所有医院打电♥话♥
Call all the hospitals?
美国大使♥馆♥
The US embassy?
美国大使♥馆♥
US embassy?
耐心点 阳基
Patience, Yanky.
莉亚·曼德尔鲍姆在说谎 你没发现吗
Leah Mandelbaum is lying. Didn't you notice?
不 我没有发现
No, I didn't notice that.
其实她看上去很亲切
Actually, she seemed pretty nice.
亲切有个屁用
Nice means nothing!
我们会让她说实话的
We'll get the truth out of her yet.
感谢上帝保佑 赐我这个水果
Blessed are You, Creator of this fruit!
怎么做 像黑帮一样殴打她吗
How? Beat her up like a gangster?
不 最好是吓唬她
No, it's better to scare her.
用枪吗
With a gun?
什么枪
What gun?
打中了
Beat that.
那现在怎么办
So what's the plan now?
-给我20块 -什么
- Give me 20 bucks. - What?
不 最好给我100块
No, 100 would be better.
干嘛 你要干嘛
What? What for?
你自己一点钱都没带吗
Didn't you bring any money of your own?
我们是来找你的妻子 不是我的
We're here to find your wife, not mine.
对
Yes.
没错
Exactly!
我们要怎么找我的妻子
How are we going to find my wife?
100块 快给我吧
Hundred bucks. Come on. Please!
不管你了
Whatever.
艾丝蒂 我有个问题
Erm, Esty? I have a question.
为什么来柏林
Why Berlin?
纽约就有
I mean, New York has, like,
全世界最好的音乐学院 不是吗
the best music schools in the world, right?
我必须尽可能远离我的族群
I had to get as far away as possible from my community.
为什么
Why?
我在那里格格不入
I just didn't fit in there.
我理解你 艾丝蒂
I hear you, Esty.
想象一下生活在尼日利亚的同性恋小孩
I mean, imagine being a gay kid in Nigeria.
拉大提琴的同性恋小孩
A gay kid with a cello.
他妈的大提琴
With a fucking cello.
但你看看现在
But look at you now.
你们所有人
All of you.
我真希望能获得那个奖学金
I really hope to get that scholarship.
那你弹给我们听听吧
Then let's hear you.
什么
What?
实践出真知 而且你也听过我们演奏了
It's good practice and you heard us.
来吧 我们总是互相演奏
Come on, we play in front of each other all the time.
-总是 -总是
- Like, all the time. - ...time.
真的 太多了 演奏得太多了
Really, too much. It's too much.
基本上我们每周六都演奏
Basically, every Saturday, we play.
好吧
Okay.
太好了
Very good!
-你弹得太动听了 艾丝特 -行了
- That was beautiful, Esther. - Stop it.
这样对她没有帮助
That won't help her.
-娅尔 别这样 -她不是孩子了
- Yael, come on. - She's not a child.
挺不错的
That was nice.
真的 挺不错的
Really, that was nice.
也许可以在成人礼上让男孩子乐乐
Nice enough to entertain the boys at a few bar mitzvahs, maybe.
但你永远进不了音乐学院
But you'll never make it into the conservatory.
真的有必要这样吗
Was that really necessary?
怎么 我只是说实话 她应该听到实话
What? I'm just being honest! Which is what she deserves.
也许她有音乐天赋 但她不是钢琴家
Maybe she's musical, but she's not a pianist.
我们这里的每一个人
Every one of us here has been
都他妈的从小天天
practicing our instruments every fucking day
练习我们的乐器
since we were children.
良好的乐感也许是上帝赐予的天赋
Look, an ear for music might be a God-given gift,
有些歌♥手也是天生就有动听的嗓音
and there are singers who are born with beautiful voices,
但没人能在布鲁克林上几节钢琴课
but no one comes out of Brooklyn after a few lessons on the piano
就直接进爱乐乐团演奏
all ready to play the Philharmonie!
很明显你有音乐天赋
You clearly have a knack for music.
而且也许在不同环境下
And things might have been different
情况会不一样
for you in different circumstances.
但你永远跟不上进度
But you'll never catch up.
在钢琴方面 绝无可能 对不起
Not on the piano, not ever. I'm sorry.
洗手间在哪里
Where's the bathroom?
在走廊尽头右边
It's down the hall to the right.
陆军上将娅尔·鲁伯尼为您服务 对吧
Army general Yael Roubeni at your service, right?
艾丝蒂
Esty.
艾丝蒂
Esty!
喂
Hello?
外婆吗
Grandma?
外婆 是我 艾丝蒂
Grandma, it's me. Esty.
我在很远的地方 外婆
I'm so far away, Grandma.
我很想你
I miss you so much.
我不知道怎么办
I don't know what to do...
喂
Hello?
外婆
Grandma?
根据德波拉·菲尔德曼
《离经叛道:我对哈西德派出身令人瞠目的背叛》一书改编