怀孕了
Pregnant.
但不是正和你意吗
But isn't that what you wanted?
不是像这样
Not like this.
这是美国 艾丝蒂
This is America, Esty.
你可以自己做决定
You can make your own decisions.
威廉斯堡不是美国
Williamsburg is not America.
你不懂规矩
You don't know the rules.
规矩都是虚构的
The rules are imaginary.
这个社区周围的开戒线并不带电
The eruv wires around the neighborhood aren't electric,
威廉斯堡王国周围
there's no moat around
也没有满是鳄鱼的护城河
the kingdom of Williamsburg filled with crocodiles...
他们的权威只存在于你脑中
Their power is just in your head.
《塔木德》里说
The Talmud says...
我不入地狱 谁入地狱
If not me, then who?
若非此时 更待何时
If not now, then when?
这是什么
What is this?
我妈妈给的文件
Documents from my mother,
证明我有权成为德国公民
proving my right to German citizenship.
所以
So...
你会帮我吗
will you help me?
你好
Hello.
你怎么样
How are you doing?
很好
Good.
-这是我的 -珠宝吗
- This is my... - Jewelry?
-是的 -好的
- Yeah. - Right.
好了 让我看看有什么
All right, let's see what we've got here.
两条珍珠项链
Two pearl necklaces,
钻石耳环 还有珍珠耳环
diamond earrings, and pearl earrings?
这些加起来值多少钱
How much for all of this?
如果代售 我可以给你2000块
I can give you 2,000 on consignment,
如果你想拿现金就1300块
or 1,300 if you want the cash up-front.
我现在真的很困难
I'm in a really tight spot here.
你真的只能给这些吗
Is that really all you can do?
你 我 大家都一样
You, me, and everyone else, right?
我最擅长身陷困境
Tight spots are my specialty.
好吧 我给你1500块现金 只能这么多了
All right, I'll give you 1,500 cash. That's all I can do.
好的
Okay.
你好
Hello?
我是艾丝蒂
It's Esty.
艾丝蒂吗
Esty?
发生什么了
What happened?
艾丝蒂 来 进来坐
Oh, Esty. Come, come inside.
天啊
Oh, my God.
好吧
Okay...
-能给我吗 -不 不
- Can I take this? - No, no.
好的 别担心
Okay, don't worry.
别担心
Don't worry.
他追着我
He chased me.
他想把我带回威廉斯堡
He wants to take me back to Williamsburg.
莫伊什吗
Moishe?
这是莫伊什给你的吗
Did Moishe give you this?
-他跟着你来这了吗 -你认识莫伊什吗
- Did he follow you here? - You know Moishe?
哪里都有莫伊什这种人
There's always a Moishe.
他们会做任何事 说任何话
They would do anything, say anything,
让你相信自己无法在外面的世界生存
to make you believe you will not survive in the outside world.
但他是对的
But he's right.
我怀孕了
I'm pregnant,
我没有钱 没受过教育
and I have no money, no education.
我无法给这孩子提供任何东西
I have nothing to give this child.
你是它妈妈
You're its mother.
你会给它母爱
You'll give it your love.
就像你爱我一样吗
Like you gave me yours?
-我都不知道母亲该做什么 -我会帮你
- I don't even know what mothers do. - I'll help you.
别说了
Stop it.
-我保证我会帮你的 -别再说了
- I promise I'll help you. - I said, stop it!
不
No
我不会停下的
I won't stop.
这是十五年来我第一次
This is the first time in 15 years
在没人监管的情况下和你说话
I get to speak to you without a chaperone.
没有玛尔卡 没有你外婆
No Malka, no Babby.
听我说 我爱你 我会帮你
Listen to me. I love you, and I'll help you.
-你丢下了我 -我没有
- You left me. - No, I didn't.
你在我三岁时丢下了我 外婆和玛尔卡没办法才
You left when I was three, and Babby and Malka had no choice...
他们从我身边夺走了你
You were taken from me.
-你说谎 -不是
- That's a lie. - No.
我没有说谎
No, it isn't.
听我说
Look...
我十七岁就远嫁外国
I was married off at 17 to a man in a foreign country.
没人告诉我和你♥爸♥爸生活是什么样
Nobody prepared me for living with your father.
真的
It was...
太艰难了
impossible.
但是之后我有了你
But then I had you,
一位朋友帮我找了间公♥寓♥给我们住
and a friend helped me find an apartment for us.
给我们
For us?
对 就你和我
Yeah, you and me.
那几个月
Those few months were...
很美好
They were beautiful.
直到拉比派人来恐吓我 一群"莫伊什"
Until the rabbi sent his guys to terrorize me, his Moishes,
电♥话♥骚扰 半夜敲门
calling, turning up in the middle of the night.
他们还请了律师
And then they sent their lawyers,
之后我就力不从心了
and then I was out of my league.
我因败诉而失去了你
I lost you in court.
在那之后的每一天我都在想你
And not a day went by where I didn't think about you.
她躺在这里多久了
How long has she been lying here?
我不知道
I don't know.
我一发现她我就打电♥话♥了
I found her like this and then I called.
她平时吃药吗
Does she take medicine?
-我们的女儿一直在给她拿药 -150焦耳
- Our daughter always brought her medicine. - Charge 150.
离手
Clear.
190焦耳
Charge 190.
离手
Clear.
我得去打几个电♥话♥
I have to make some phone calls.
妮娜
Nina.
-嗯 -过来看看
- Hmm? - Come and have a look.
很漂亮
Beautiful.
真是个好主意
Oh, that's a good idea.
太完美了
It's perfect.
-我想先去准备下 -好
- I want to warm up first. - Okay.
我们到时候见
I'll see you there?
谢谢你
Thank you.
真邋遢
Slob.
你们怎么这么晚
What took you guys so long?
-嗨 -要开始了
- Hey! - It's about to start.
走吧
Yeah, let's go.
早上好
Morning.
谢谢你给我这个机会
Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
祝你好运
Good luck.
-真好 -哇
- Super! - Wow.
我的名字是艾丝特·夏皮罗
My name is Esther Shapiro.
我来自纽约
I'm from New York.
夏皮罗小姐将试弹钢琴
Miss Shapiro will be auditioning on piano.
试唱
Song...
唱歌♥
Song?
-对 -是这样吗
- Yeah. - Is this you?
你知道吗
Do you know about this?
如此临时的变动是很少见 夏皮罗小姐
Such a late change is very uncommon, Miss Shapiro.
我知道
I know.
如果你们不允许的话 我也明白
And if you don't allow it, I understand.
你要唱什么呢
What will you be singing?
《致音乐》
"An die Musik."