It might not look like much, but it keeps us off the floor...
今晚怕是难熬了
This might be a long night.
还能躲开蛇虫鼠蚁
...and away from snakes and spiders.
晚安 拉菲
Good night, Rafi.
你要进来吗?快进来吧
Are you coming in? Yeah, yeah, come in.
开始倾盆大雨了
It's just absolutely started tipping it down.
我们得把床挨得近些 这样才能塞进防水布底下
We've had to move his bed closer to mine so we can fit them both under the tarp.
雨下得越来越大 让我很担心
I'm worried these downpours are becoming heavier and more frequent.
惨兮兮的
Rather miserable.
只能祈祷季风别来捣乱
We just have to hope the monsoon holds off.
阿尔多外出期间
While Aldo's away...
我们也没闲着
we keep busy...
我们在做布置相机陷阱的任务
We're on a mission. We're on a mission to rig traps.
这可是五年来 这片森林头一回搞这么大规模的
...finishing the prep for the first major camera survey
红外相机普查
in this forest
我们在收尾中
for over five years.
这里非常陡峭 但这是值得的
Crazy steep, but it's worth it.
搞定了? - 嗯
Yeah? - Yeah.
这徒步强度绝对超标了
This trekking is absolutely epic.
相当于每天爬一遍帝国大厦
Climbing the equivalent of the Empire State Building every day.
连续两小时这种路
When you've got to walk two hours straight of that,
腿都开始软了
your legs start feeling woozy.
是这条路吧?
Is this the trail?
希望吧 我累瘫了
I hope it is. I'm knackered.
任务没完成 我是不会走的
I won't leave here if the job is not done.
就一直走 一直走
Just keep walking, just keep walking, just keep walking.
好了 成功了 我们把所有相机都架好了
It's it. It's happened. We've done it. We've finally rigged all of the cameras.
现在我们架设的摄像机 将开始记录雨林的生态
Now our cameras can start capturing rainforest life...
这是之前从未有过的
like never before.
首先
First up...
拍到了濒危的马来貘
an endangered Malayan tapir.
全球不足3000头
Less than 3,000 of these exist anywhere in the world.
接着是
Next,
和山羊很像的鬣羚
a goat-like creature called a serow.
这种生物罕见得近乎传说
These are so rarely seen, they have an almost mythical status.
还有这群叫豺的矮脚丛林犬看着萌
And this pack of foot-high jungle dogs, called dholes, may look cute...
但团队作战时
but when they work as a team,
连老虎都敢刚
they can fight off a tiger.
迄今为止最大的收获
The biggest haul by far...
就是大象
is elephants.
浩浩荡荡的象群
Lots and lots of elephants.
这些五吨♥重的巨无霸
These five-ton jungle giants are a big danger
对我们和相机都是威胁
to us, and our cameras.
天呐!
Oh, Jesus!
看到了吗?
Have you seen this?
第一台烂了的摄像机
Now, that's a first.
彻底稀巴烂了!
That has been absolutely ****.
天呐!
Jeez!
显然某头象找着了发泄对象
So, yeah, the ele obviously found one it could really have a go at,
把这台摄像机破坏了
and it's just absolutely savaged this trap.
别的动物可没这本事
I couldn't imagine any other animal doing this.
而我们至今还没见过老虎
And we still haven't seen a single tiger.
在国家公园外♥围♥
Just outside the park,
我仍在追踪盗猎痕迹
I'm still on the hunt for signs of poaching.
看这里
Look. Look here.
面 - 面
Noodles. - Noodles.
方便面
Instant noodles.
不久前的 包装都没褪色 - 对
It's not that old. It's not that faded. - Yeah.
所以这里是偷猎者的营地?
So this is... What, this is a poaching camp here?
没错
Yeah.
你觉得这里有多少人?
How many people do you think would be living here?
嗯? - 五个
Huh? - Five persons.
五个人? - 对
Five people? - Yeah.
这根横梁
So... so you've got the crossbar
是搭防水布的 - 对
for a tarpaulin. - Yeah.
对吗? - 搭篷盖用的
Yeah? - For the fly.
那边两根立柱
And then... and then you've got these two poles...
是吊床的支点
to sling your hammock up.
瞧这个
Look at that.
捕兽索就挂在吊床的床尾
The snare's just on the end of the... hammock.
看 那边还有更多捕兽索
Look, there's more snares there.
这里距离保护区边界
And this is just 40 minutes' walk
不过40分钟脚程
outside the boundary of the protected area.
这些是用来? - 抓老虎
Would this be used for...? - For tigers.
抓老虎? - 对
For tigers? - For tigers.
而这里根本没有围栏
And there's no fence to stop tigers living there
像这样阻止老虎
from coming here and walking right into a trap...
踏入陷阱
just like this.
我们得把这些全部带走
We should take these with us, collect them up and take them out.
我得赶快回去
I've got to get back to the rest of the team
告诉大家这些发现
and tell them what I've found.
幸好德克教过我架相机
Luckily, Dec has shown me how to rig up cameras.
只要有东西经过 都会被拍到
If anything comes through here, we're going to capture it.
可现实是 在这山脊上盗猎的痕迹
And the truth is, we've seen more signs of poaching on this ridge line
比虎踪还多
than we have done of tigers.
你肯定有不少事情要讲吧? - 那必须的
I'm sure you've got a few tales. - Yeah, man.
很高兴见到你 - 对
Good to see you. Wow. - Yeah.
我们今天走了起码12到15千米
We've covered probably 12 to 15 kilometers.
真的吗?
Really?
这些工业级钢缆
But if you look at these, these are industrial-gauge steel cables.
明显是用于捕捉大型动物的
That's for... big animals.
大型哺乳动物
That's for big animals. Big mammals.
哇喔 - 你看这个...
Wow. - If you look at that...
所以这就是它的用途 中招的玩意儿挣扎得够狠
So that's what it does. Whatever was in that struggled big time.
我们发现了大量盗猎证据
We've got signs of poaching
和盗猎者的行踪 - 嗯
and poachers. - Yeah.
老虎的痕迹却少得可怜
We don't have very much signs of tigers.
现在最要紧的是 赶在盗猎者之前
It's just really vital that we capture those tigers
拍到那些老虎
before the poachers do.
是时候检查那些相机陷阱了
It's time to check the camera traps.
我正赶回石灰岩走廊
So I'm heading back to the limestone corridor,
那是我们最早架相机的地方
the first area we rigged.
漂亮 我们来看看
Nice. Let's have a look.
有只黑鸟
The black bird.
正在拉屎
Going for a shit.
天呐!
Oh, my word!
来了!
It's here!
丛林之王
The king of the jungle.
哇喔!我得再看看
Wow! I need to see that again.
天呐!
Oh, no!
它只有三条腿
It's only got three feet.
被兽夹伤过
It's been trapped in a snare.
这令我很吃惊
That is mind-blowing.
这不是我想看到的画面
That wasn't the... the shot I was expecting.
但它血淋淋地告诉我们为何而来
But it really brings home, like, why we're here.
哇喔
Wow.
我有个镜头想给你们看看
I've got a shot I'd like to show you.
当然 鸿也得看看
And obviously, I'd like to let Horng see as well.
你们如果看到这个...
So if you guys take that...
快看
Look at that.
哇喔!
Wow!
这开场 可真够劲啊
That's a good start for the shot!
对 - 和我想的一样
Yeah. - That's what I thought.
这是我们发现的第一只
This is the first tiger we've seen...
活动的老虎 - 对
out and about. - Yeah.
继续播放吧
Just press play.
它在... - 等等!
It's just by the... - Hang on!
哦 - 天呐
Oh... Wow. - Yeah.
哇喔
Wow. Wow.
哇喔 - 可怜的家伙
Wow, wow, wow. - Poor bugger, ey?
不! - 我懂