There's nothing much to add to what the Minister said,
-但我会尽力配合大家的 -先生 先生
- so, well, but I shall do my best, - Sir, sir...
如果你们需要事实和数据请问吧
if you need facts and figures.
截至目前的损失有多少 先生
What are the losses to date, sir?
早上好 先生
Good morning, sir.
这要按《英日同盟条约》来执行吗
Is this covered by the Lansdowne Treaty?
如果是这样
And if so,
万一俄♥国♥袭击我们 条约要如何维持下去
how will the pact stand if the Russians attack us?
先生 根据在兰斯顿签署的《英日同盟条约》
Sir, in regards to the Lansdowne Agreement,
我们有义务对俄♥国♥宣战
we are committed to wade in against Russia
前提是他们的行为跨过了某些界线
after certain lines have been crossed.
目前的情况属于界线之一吗 先生
And is this one of those lines, sir?
那个...目前我们不予置评
Yes, well, we... we don't like to comment
除非我们已经完全掌握了事实
if we are not in full possession of the facts.
不过 为回应发生在北海的暴行
However, in response to the atrocities in the North Sea,
我们已经在调派军队了
we are embarking troops.
陆军和海军的休假都取消了
Army and Navy leave is cancelled.
目前我只能告诉大家这些
And that's all I can give you.
谢谢各位
Thank you, gentlemen.
-弗雷德 -怎么回事 你♥他♥妈♥是怎么进来的
- Fred... - What is it? How the hell did you get in here?
我有媒体通行证
I had a press pass.
我只能想到用这个办法来见你
It's the only way I can think of to come and see you.
我以为我之前已经明确表明过态度了...
I thought I made myself perfectly clear...
-我不希望你来见我 -我...
- I don't want to be seen. - I, uh...
我需要你帮我一个忙
I need your help.
帮什么忙
With what?
不 你 你是在开玩笑吧 乔治
Oh, no, no. You're... you're... You're joking, George.
我知道你一直跟露西很亲近
I just know that you've always been very close to Lucy.
你也是啊
Well, so have you.
她可是你妻子
She's your wife.
听我说 去我们家一趟吧
Look, just... just come over to the house.
来看看我们 重新认识一下艾米
Come and see us. Come and meet Amy again.
试着跟她相处一下
Spend some time with her.
我们现在住在沃金 靠近霍塞尔绿地
We're, um, in Woking, near Horsell Common.
我知道你住在哪儿
I know where you live.
你不是要赶稿吗 或是别的什么叫法
Don't you have a deadline or whatever they call it?
贝德福德广场有个女性大学
Well, there's a women's college on Bedford Square.
你可以去修个自然科学硕士学位 九月份申请
You could do a Masters of Natural Sciences, apply in September.
一个女人要如何申请上
And how would a woman go about that?
一个女人可以搞到一些推荐信
Well, a woman would get some letters of recommendation,
找一些有地位的老太太谈谈
speak to some of the old ladies.
本尼
Benny!
快打住
Stop it!
本尼
Benny!
别追着它咬了
Leave her alone!
打住
Stop!
你之前还说
Now, you were just saying
你想好好利用一下你的学位
you wanted to do something with your degree.
要浪费了就可惜了 你明明很擅长这个
It would be a shame to waste it. It's what you're good at.
亲爱的 谢谢你的好意 但是...
Darling, that's very kind, but...
但是 现在还缺了很重要的一样东西
there's a rather important piece of the puzzle
只有这个先解决了
that needs to fall into place
别人才会给我写推荐信
before anyone would give me letters of recommendation.
怎么了
What?
乔治
George.
什么事
What is it?
这里有个蛋 玛丽
There's an egg there, Mary.
是鸭子下的吗
From the duck?
不 我觉得是狗下的
No, I think it's from the dog!
玛丽 别理他 我来弄吧
Mary, ignore him. I can do that.
谢谢你
Thank you.
那是什么
What is that?
是一份礼物 那是...
It's a present. It's a...
一个钟 可以通过蒸馏法泡茶
clock that makes tea by distillation.
-乔治 -我在
- George. - Yes.
我今天去见我哥哥了
I went to see my brother today.
他说什么了
What did he say?
没说好话
Nothing good.
为什么要让一个钟来泡茶
What sort of business has a clock got making tea.
告诉我 他们还有什么奇特的发明 难道...
Please tell me. What are they gonna do... have a...
要让厕所来煎培根和鸡蛋吗
have a lavatory that makes bacon and eggs?
乔治
George.
格里夫斯叫我
So Greaves asks me
中午时写出专栏 我给了他文章
for a column and a half, and I give him the article,
他把我的文章登上了报纸
and he puts it in the paper,
却署了阿诺德·亨德森的名字
but he puts it in under Arnold Henderson's name.
如果他们不让你署名 你为什么不走呢
Why don't you just leave if they won't print your stuff?
艾米 如果我走了 我们靠什么生活
Amy, but if I'm just gonna leave, then what are we gonna live on?
我有父亲的遗产
I have the legacy from my father.
但那就太没出息了 不是吗
But that's not very progressive, though, is it?
当然不是 你不用养着我
It's perfectly progressive. I don't need to be kept.
我真不应该把你置于这种境地
I should never have put you in this situation.
你没有把我置于什么境地
You didn't put me anywhere.
这也是我的选择
This was my choice too.
会好转的
We'll make it work.
你这样想的吗
Do you think so?
否则我就不会在这里了
I wouldn't be here if I didn't.
让他们见鬼去吧 乔治
Nuts to them, George.
快点
Come on.
应该能点着的
You're supposed to light.
我们去看看怎么了
Now, let's see what it is.
那是什么
What is that?
所以你认为它来自太空
Well, so you think it's come from space,
像哈雷彗星之类的
like Halley's Comet or something?
它们的椭圆轨道在衰变
Well, they have elliptical orbits decaying.
这可能需要几千年的时间
It might take thousands of years,
甚至有可能完全脱离我们的太阳系
perhaps even go clean out of our sun system,
然后突然有一天它们回来了 砰地落在地球上
and then suddenly one day, they're back, and bang.
但我以为那些东西会在半空烧毁
Yeah, but I thought those things burnt up in the sky.
以每小时数千英里的速度下落
At thousands of miles an hour,
说不定还有数千度的高温
perhaps even thousands of degrees of heat.
从这里过去就到了
It's through here.
它会是什么
What could this be?
有一番清理工作要做了
Well, somebody's got some clearing up to do.
如果当时有数千度高温
So, if it was... if it was, um, thousands of degrees,
为什么没把这些树都烧光呢
yes, why... why would it not have burned all of this down?
我觉得是它太热了 热到闪出一道光
I think it got so hot it just flashed out for a second,
把这些都烧焦了 之后就燃尽了
scorched everything, and then burnt out.
那它是流星吗
So, is it a shooting star?
没错 辛先生 流星
That's right, Mr Thing. Shooting star.
想象一下 如果它落到伦敦会发生什么
Imagine what would've happened if this had hit London.
要是它再飞几秒钟 可能就到了
Another couple of seconds, it probably would.
小心点 艾米
Careful, Amy.
你说它落下的声音听起来像炮弹
You said it sounded like a bomb.
你觉得它是炮弹吗
Do you think it could be a bomb?
那炮得有多大
How big would the gun have been?
-辛先生 会是谁开的炮 -可能是俄♥国♥人
- Mr Thing, who would've fired this? - The Russians, perhaps.
-乔治 那炮得有多大啊 -好吧
- George, how big would the gun have been? - All right.
你不觉得我们应该通知军队吗
Don't you think we should inform the Army?
为什么
Why?
只是觉得这场面貌似应该通知军队
Just seems that in situations such as this that you inform the Army.
不用 我打电♥话♥给皇家天文学家了
No, I telephoned to the Astronomer Royal.
这是公共用地
This is common land.
我们完全有权到这里
We're perfectly entitled to be here.
我们最不需要的就是
The last thing we need is a lot of
一群穿军装的野蛮人围得这里水泄不通
rough men in tunics clogging the place up.
乔治 你应该给你的报社拍电报
George, you should wire your paper.
是的 是应该去
Yes, I think I probably should.
电报坏了
The telegraphs are out.
都坏了吗
What, all of them?
我打电♥话♥的时候就坏了