把目光停留在她身上
Letting your eyes linger.
你接近她
You make up to her
然后 你懂的
and then, well, you know?
-什么 -你勾引她
- What? - You make a pass at her.
如果她有所回应 她一定会的
She responds, which she will,
因为她是个荡♥妇♥
because she's a tart,
我们安排好 让爸爸逮个正着 她就得走人了
and we arrange it so that Daddy catches her and she's gone.
他把她赶出去 当然了 他会难过
He throws her out and he'll be upset, of course,
但他还有我们
but he'll have us.
如果他逮到我勾引他未婚妻 他不会放过我的
If he catches me up his fiancee, he won't have me, will he?
对 但我会让他相信是她主动的
Yes, but I'll convince him it was all her.
他会原谅你的
And you'll be completely forgiven
因为他会意识到你们都是
because he'll realise you are both just
同一个拜金荡♥妇♥的受害者
victims of the same gold-digging slut!
玛丽 你需要躺在一间阴暗舒适的房♥间里
Mary, you need to lie down in a nice dark room
然后永远不出来
for just about the rest of your life.
我不知道我为什么要指望你
I don't know why I ever expected anything from you.
你从不帮忙 只会拍拍屁♥股♥走人
You never help. You just swan off.
去朝鲜 去伦敦开始新生活
To Korea, to your new life in London.
你倒过得顺心 但我们其他人还得留下
It's all right for you, but the rest of us have to stay here.
我去朝鲜是去打仗 不是去度假
Korea was a war, not a bloody holiday!
你到底帮不帮我阻止爸爸落入格温达的魔爪
Are you going to help save Daddy from Gwenda, yes or no?
不帮
No.
换做杰克就会帮我
Jack would have done it.
杰克不在了
Jack's not here.
米奇
Mickey?
亲爱的儿子
Dear boy!
我的伴郎
My best man.
玛丽 多棒啊 他回家了
Mary, isn't this wonderful? He's come home.
很棒
Wonderful...
今晚的聚会
This gathering tonight,
我绝对不介意你溜走
I absolutely will not mind if you slope off.
有很多人要感谢
There are so many people to thank
而参加婚礼的只有我们
and since the wedding itself is only going to be us...
你觉得太快了吗
Do you think it's too soon?
-聚会吗 -我再婚
- The party? - Me marrying again.
玛丽不太能接受
Mary's not taking it particularly well.
她没对我说什么
She didn't say anything to me.
我替你高兴
I'm... I'm happy for you.
这对我很重要
That means a great deal, you know.
意义重大
A very great deal.
海斯特可想见到你了
Hester is giddy to see you.
-准备好迎接她扑过来 -好的
- Prepare yourself for an onslaught. - Yes.
你不来就不一样了 儿子
It wouldn't have been the same without you, son.
我很想念你
I've missed you.
非常想念
Very much.
好好洗个澡 用茶 然后就去睡觉
A good bath, tea and straight to bed.
这是你们的新爸爸
And this is your new daddy.
你们好
Hello.
来吧
Come along.
我真心希望那不是婚礼要穿的裙子
I say, I do hope that's not THE dress.
不 婚裙当天早上才会送去酒店
No, that's going to the hotel on the morning
-这样利奥就不会提前看到了 -但我们看到了
- so there's no danger of Leo seeing it. - We saw it, though.
是白色的 别的我就不说了
It's white and that's all I'm saying.
看看谁来了
Look who's here.
去开门 海斯特
Door, Hester, please.
-但米奇 -你应过门他还会在那儿的
- But Mickey... - Will still be there when you've answered the door.
迈克尔 裁缝明天来
Michael, the tailor is coming tomorrow
帮你把晨礼服改合身
to make sure your morning suit fits.
欢迎你 真高兴你能来
Hello, by the way. I'm so glad that you could make it.
你就不能消停会儿吗
Do you ever stop talking?
你来得好早 你的乐器呢
You're very early. Where's your instrument?
我的乐器
My instrument?
你的大提琴 我希望你还带了更体面的衣服
Your cello. And I do hope you have something smarter to wear.
-不 我 -天啊
- No, I... - Oh, for God's sake.
现在的人都怎么了 这是正式场合
What is the matter with people? This is a formal occasion.
我们可以给他找点合适的衣服
We can find something for him to wear.
我不是乐师
I'm not a musician.
我是亚瑟·卡尔加里
I'm Arthur Calgary.
那个车里的人
The man in the car.
我是杰克·阿盖尔的不在场证明
I'm Jack Argyll's alibi.
不好意思 久等了
My apologies for keeping you waiting.
我的家人都非常
My family are very...
震惊
shocked.
我理解
Understandably so.
你是埃及学家
You're an Egyptologist.
-业余爱好而已 -大多数人都不专业
- A gentleman amateur. - Oh. Most of them are, aren't they?
卡尔加里先生
Mr Calgary...
其实是卡尔加里博士
It's Doctor, actually.
我倒不是特别在意头衔
Not that I set particular store by titles.
不是医学博士 科学 物理学
And not a doctor of medicine. Science. Physics.
这和这件事有关系吗
Does that have a bearing on this situation?
其实有
It does, actually, yes.
我最近才听说这件事
I came across this only very recently.
一眼就认出他了
And recognised him straightaway.
1954年平安夜 他招呼我停车
It was Christmas Eve 1954 he flagged me down
我送他到镇上
and I gave him a lift to the local town.
把他放在酒馆外面
I dropped him off outside the public house.
我问他几点 我从来不戴手表
I asked him for the time. I've never worn a watch.
干什么都迟到
I'm late for everything.
他说是差几分钟九点
He told me it was just before nine,
但这上面说你妻子...
but it says here that your wife was...
她就是差几分钟九点时死的
That she...died just before nine.
但当时你儿子和我不在现场 所以...
But that's when your son was with me some distance away, so...
杰克拦住你的时候 你正要去哪
Where were you going when Jack stopped you?
你干什么迟到了
What were you late for?
晚宴
A dinner party.
恐怕科学家心不在焉这个说法是真的
I'm afraid the cliche about absent-minded scientists is true.
我妻子被杀已经
It's been 18 months since my wife was...
18个月了
Killed.
为什么你之前没出现
Why have you not come forward before?
我为工作出差了
I went away for my work.
就在圣诞节后
Just after Christmas.
北极科考站
A research station in the Arctic.
北极
The Arctic?
所以我看不到报纸 听不到广播
That's why I didn't see any papers, hear any radio reports.
我前两天才刚回来
I only got back in the last few days,
要是这张报纸没被用来包仪器
and if this hadn't been wrapped around some equipment,
我根本不会得知此事
I wouldn't have known anything at all.
你当时要去参加晚宴
You were going to a dinner party,
那你是穿了一身无尾礼服
so you were wearing a dinner jacket?
-是啊 -我只是想完全核实清楚
- That's right. - I just want to be absolutely clear.
无尾礼服 黑领结 黑上衣 黑裤子
A dinner suit. Black tie, black jacket, black trousers?
我也希望能早点来 但我现在来了
I wish I could have got here sooner, but I'm here now,
而且我也愿意在法庭上宣誓作证
and I'm willing to go on oath in court.
好让您儿子尽早释放
So your son con be released
不再背负这可怕的罪名 阿盖尔先生
because this terrible crime, Mr Argyll,
他没杀人
he didn't do it.
有好多人来找过我们
We've had a lot of people coming here
自称是杰克的不在场证人
claiming to be Jack's alibi,
说他们知道他的事 我们家的事
to know something about him, about our family.
他们都被证实是假的
All those claims proved fraudulent.
那是当然
Well, obviously.
通灵师 塔罗牌占卜师
Psychics, tarot readers.
有次甚至还来了个占水师
A water diviner turned up once.
拿着根棍子
With rods.
一群唯利是图的人
Greedy, venal people.
贪图虚名 弄虚作假
Fame seekers and charlatans.
你可以想象这对我们造成了怎样的伤害和痛苦
You can imagine the hurt and distress that caused us.
那肯定很难受
It must have been awful,