你好
Hello?
有人在家吗
Is anybody home?
有什么事
What do you want?
菲利普·圣安德烈 他在家吗bozouls
Philippe Saint- Andre, is he in?
你会英语吗
Do you speak English?
会英语吗
Parlez anglais?
我叫山姆·斯派德
My name is Samuel Spade.
我受菲利普·圣安德烈的亡妻
I am here at the request
布里吉特·奥肖内西之托
of Philippe Saint- Andre's late wife,Brigid O'Shaughnessy,
送他们女儿
to deliver to him
特蕾莎过来
their daughter Teresa.
麻烦你转告菲利普
lf you would be so kind,please tell Philippe that I am
你的胡椒枪可真厉害女士
Quite the pepper gun you got there, Madame.
菲利普
Philippe...
还给我
菲利普
Philippe.
他在哪儿
Where is he?
这不是我儿子的女儿
That is not my son's daughter
那个一无是处的布里吉特贱♥人♥也不是他妻子
and that good- for- nothing,that whore Brigid, was never his wife.
如果她真如你所说已经死了
And if she's really dead, as you say,
对这个世界更好
the world is a better place.
奥德丽那么对你
I would consider that one
算是客气的了
of Audrey's warmer welcomes.
不过她说的是真的
But she tells the truth,
我觉得菲利普还是单身汉
I do not think Philippe has ever married,
说实话 我觉得没人会愿意嫁给他
and frankly, I do not know who would marry him.
你没见过布里吉特
You haven't met Brigid.
遗憾的是 这种女人我见多了
Sadly, I have met many Brigids.
遗憾的是 这种女人我见多了
Sadly, I have met many Brigids.
她给我了一大笔钱
She paid me a lot of money
叫我一定把孩子交到她父亲手里
to make sure the kid was handed over to her father.
她可不是不爱钱财的人
She wasn't one to part with money,
更别说这么多钱
much less a lot of it.
你知道菲利普·圣安德烈在哪儿吗
So do you know where this Philippe Saint- Andre is?
谁知道呢 菲利普是个浪荡子
Who knows? Philippe is a vagabond.
有时候在这 有时候在那儿
Sometimes he's here, sometimes he's there.
这么看来遗嘱叫你把孩子
So why the will instructed you
带来这里的原因是个谜啊
to bring the girl here is a mystery.
我只知道收到一张机票
All I know is I was sent a plane ticket,
乘坐泛美航♥空♥头等舱前往伊斯坦布尔接上孩子
first- class Pan Am to Istanbul, to pick up the kid,
还有两张票 是去马赛的长途汽车票
and two more tickets, coach this time, to Marseilles.
于是你按照指示
And then so instructed,
大老远来到我们小村子
you come all the way to our little village,
就为了找一户人
just to knock on a door
把孩子交到开门人的手上
and hand over the girl to whoever answered.
我听说的是她父亲会开门
I was told her father would answer.
你都不好奇孩子会不会受欢迎
You did not wonder if the child would even be welcome?
拿钱办事 不该问的不多问
I was paid too much to wonder.
这完全是你跟奥肖内西小姐
This was strictly a business matter
之间的公事吗
between you and Miss O'Shaughnessy?
你要是想知道的话
She didn't pick my name out of a hat
她不是随便请我办这事的
if that's what you're asking.
我们互相认识
We knew each other.
明白了
I see.
你说互相认识
When you say"knew each other, "
意思你们关系很 熟悉
you mean you knew each other...well.
熟悉到她足够信任我
Well enough so she trusted me.
你们曾经是恋人吗
You were lovers, perhaps?
老天 你们这些法国人
Oh, Jesus, you French.
我猜对了 -很短暂 结局不好
So yes? - Briefly, didn't end well.
爱情向来如此
They never do.
一个人移情别恋 让人心碎
Hearts break, one moves on,
留下另一个独自黯然神伤
the other one becomes lonely and bitter.
我们没走到那一步
We didn't get that far.
为什么 -我送她进监狱了
·Why not? - I put her in jail.
这位布里吉特·奥肖内西
So, this Brigid O'Shaughnessy,
因为你让她入狱而信任你
she trusted you because you put her in jail.
她信任我是因为我救她出狱
She trusted me because I got her out of jail.
救她出狱
Got her out?
怎么办到的
How?
我知道该找谁
I knew who to talk to.
很实用的技能
A most useful skill.
你这么想救她出狱是因为
And the reason you felt so compelled to free her?
她18岁那年生病了
She was two years into 20 when she got sick
发现自己时日无多 至少她以为是这样
and found out she was dying, or so she thought.
结果是她的身体欺骗了她
Turned out even her body could lie.
她获得假释 又活了四年
They paroled her and she lived another four years
然后几个月前死于
before she died in that train derailment
伊斯坦布尔城外的火车脱轨事故
outside Istanbul a few months back.
我一直喜欢这种充满正义的讽刺
Irony has always been my favorite form of justice.
更别说这还能为你节省时间
Not to mention the time it saves you.
冒昧问问 她在伊斯坦布尔做什么工作
What was she doing, may I ask, in Istanbul?
仿古生意
Antiquing.
她出狱之后
After her release from prison,
你们俩再续前缘了吗
did you two pick up were you left off?
从监狱出来坐车到了酒店
It didn't last much longer than the car ride
我们的感情就完了
from the prison to the motel.
然后 她违反假释规定逃到了欧洲
Then she broke her parole and lammed off to Europe.
你好像没有感觉到时间的流逝
You did not feel as if no time had passed,
尽管她让你心碎 让你难过
that despite all the heartbreak and the bitterness,
你还是能燃起对她的一丝眷恋
you could still find a small ember to reignite?
不得不说 警长
I have to say, Chief,
你这种好奇心还真是搞笑
you've got a funny kind of curiosity.
我是警♥察♥
I am a police officer.
对一切都充满好奇
I am curious about everything,
尤其是对找麻烦的持枪男人
especially about men with guns looking for trouble
还是说你外套下鼓起的东西
or perhaps that bulge in your coat
只是送给小女孩的棒棒糖
is a lollipop for the little girl.
我在找人 仅此而已
I'm looking for someone, is all.
那是我错怪你了
Then I have mistaken you
把你当成那种警惕性高的人
for the sort of man who pays attention.
我不能告诉你我是哪种人
I couldn't tell you what sort of man I am,
但我信守诺言
other than I keep my promises,
尤其是收人钱财之后
particularly when I'm paid to.
给你个建议
My advice.
带上孩子回美国
take the child back to the United States.
如果菲利普·圣安德烈真是她父亲
If Philippe Saint- Andre is her father,
她还不如不要这个父亲
she's better off an orphan.
不管怎样 我都要找到他
AlI the same, I need to find him.
不管怎样 我这里礼貌性建议
And all the same, I am suggesting, politely,
去别地儿找吧
you look elsewhere.
那是谁
Who was that?
塞缪尔·斯派德
Samuel Spade.
塞缪尔·斯派德是谁 -一个美国人
Who's Samuel Spade?
An American.
警♥察♥局
POLICE
塞缪尔·斯派德
Samuel Spade.
这什么鬼名字
Stupid fucking name.
你叫她什么
What do you call her?
她有名字吗
Has she got a name?
贝蒂·博尔沙 是妈妈做的
Betty Bertha. Mama made her.
看着要下雨
Looks like rain.
听起来也是
Sounds like rain, too.
你可以在车上完成
You can finish that in the car.
暂时哪儿也去不了
We're going nowhere for a while.
不如先睡一觉
Might as well get some sleep.
早上好 先生
Good morning, sir.
你车抛锚了 还是中了陷阱
Did you break down or is this a trap for some unsuspecting traveler?
抱歉 我不会法语
Sorry, I- I don't speak French.
美国人 -生来就是
American? - Since birth.
你该不会修理这东西吧