他们的儿子不像他们想的那样黑
their son wasn't Black the way they thought he was.
拉瓦尔·奥马利
Lavar O'Malley.
这听上去像是个不能吃辣的男人
Now, that sounds like a man who can't handle spicy food.
不会是拉瓦尔·奥马利
It's not Lavar O'Malley.
是奥马利吗
Is it O'Malley?
怎么会有黑人小孩不知道我们儿子是黑人
How the heck does another Black kid not know our son is Black?
也许拉瓦尔需要配眼镜了
Maybe Lavar needs glasses.
有色眼镜
Tinted glasses?
我一直把我们的孩子当作是黑人
I've just always seen our kids as Black.
他们就是黑人 不是吗
I mean, they are. Aren't they?
他们是
They are.
-不是吗 -他们是
- Aren't they? - They are.
但我想其他人不会总以我们的眼光
But I guess the world isn't gonna always see them
看待他们
the way we do.
当我们离开公社时
You know, when we left the commune,
我就害怕有一天当我带他们去杂货店时
I was afraid one day I would take them to the grocery store
会有人当我是他们的保姆
and someone would think I was their nanny.
我一直担心
I've been worried
别人不会把我当他们的母亲
that I wouldn't be recognized as their mother.
而不是不把他们当我的孩子
Not that they wouldn't be recognized as my children.
宝贝 我也有相同的恐惧
Baby, I've had the same fears.
我不想让别人以为是我绑♥架♥了他们
I-I don't want people to think that I'm their kidnapper
或是我在经营一个歌♥唱团
or that I manage a singing group.
一直以来
This whole time
我都是以我作为黑人的经验
I've been drawing on my own experiences of being Black
来引导他们 但他们将会有
to guide them, but they're gonna have
我甚至都不知从何想象起的经历
experiences that I can't even begin to imagine.
也许我们可以不让他们再经历任何事
Maybe we can stop them from having experiences.
只是在他们21岁之前
You know, just until they're 21.
会没事的
It's gonna be okay.
你们只是在摸着石头过河
You guys are just making your way.
这是你们唯一知道的方法
The only way you know how.
这只不过是超出了一点点
And that's just a little bit more.
♪法律的允许范围♪
♪ Than the law would allow ♪
你知道你家是有电视的
You know you have a TV at your house.
♪只是个好男人♪
♪ Just a good ol' boy ♪
别唱了
No.
蕾恩鲍 你能不能躺在车道上
Hey, Rainbow, can you lie down in the driveway
好让我能从你身上豚跳过去
so I can ollie over you?
我在水管上试了好多次
I tried a bunch of times over the hose,
但并没有成功 我觉得该找个更大的东西
but it didn't work, so I think the thing needs to be bigger.
你没发现我生你气了吗
Do you not get that I'm mad at you?
约翰 坐下
Johan, sit down.
我生气的是 你假装自己是墨西哥人
I'm upset because by pretending to be Mexican,
你意识到你是在拒绝承认你的身份吗
do you realize you're rejecting who you are?
你在拒绝你的家人 拒绝我
You're rejecting your family, you're rejecting me.
我不是故意的
I didn't mean to.
身为混血儿 我并不难过
I don't feel bad about being Mixed.
我只是不想再解释 身为混血儿的感受了
I'm just so tired of trying to explain what being Mixed is.
每次我说我是混血
Every time I say I'm Mixed,
就有很多后续问题
I get a million follow-up questions.
"你是什么混血"
"What are you mixed with?"
"白人成分和黑人成分哪个更多"
"Are you more Black or more white?"
"你认识莉莎·博内特吗"
"Do you know Lisa Bonet?"
我也不喜欢这些问题
I hate all of those questions, too.
但你知道我的想法吗
But you know what I realized?
我不需要回答他们
I don't have to answer them.
让他人自在不是我的任务
It's not my job to make other people feel comfortable.
也不是你的任务
And it's not your job, either.
如果有人有异议的话
And if anyone has a problem with that,
我永远支持你
I will always have your back.
谢谢 鲍
Thanks, Bow.
你知道吗
And you know what?
我让学校许多人以为我认识莉莎·博内特
I let most people at school think I know Lisa Bonet.
蕾恩鲍 说得太棒了
Wow, Rainbow, that was beautiful.
是啊 太棒了
Yeah. That was great.
如果是我们找你谈 也会这么说的
And if we had gotten here first, I would have said the same thing.
我和爸爸有着与你不同的经历
You know, Dad and I have had different experiences than you.
但你依旧可以找我们倾诉
But we're still here for you to talk to,
你要知道你是个十分特别的孩子
and you should know you are a very special kid,
所以不要否认做自己的经历
so don't deny yourself the experience of being you.
好 妈妈
Okay, Mom.
-你也可以的 -我的宝贝
- You're okay, too. - My huggies.
在1986年 我的弟弟妹妹在寻找自我方面
In 1986, my siblings and I all took another step
更进了一步
towards finding ourselves.
对约翰来说 这是一段
For Johan, it was a journey
在他成人之后 带他周游世界
that would take him around the world and back
又回到起点的一段旅途
by the time he was an adult.
对圣莫来说 这是一段
And for Santi, it was a journey
带她参加了《百万富婆》
that would take her all the way to "Rich Wives"...
多喝点 你个饥渴的婊♥子♥
Have a drink, you thirsty bitch!
又回到起点的旅途
...and back.
-挺好的啊 圣莫尼卡 -挺标准的
- So well, Santamonica? - So accurate.
对我来说 我学到了对自己真诚
For me, I learned how important it was
是多么的重要
to always be true to myself.
妈妈就是这么教的我 我会了
Oh, yeah, this is what Mom taught me. I got this.
就是这样
There it is.
我的父母或许不能感同身受
My parents may not have walked in our shoes,
但他们意识到了
but they figured out enough of them
要将我们培养成自信快乐的成年人
to raise us into confident, happy adults.
当然约翰还是收到了欺凌
Of course Johan continued to be bullied
直到丹丹姨妈打扮成一个孩子
until Aunt Dee-Dee did in fact dress as a kid
去了学校
and go to school.
你们好 10岁的小家伙们
Hello, fellow 10-year-olds.
我在找一个名叫拉瓦尔的学生
I'm looking for a student named Lavar.
不知道他姓什么 但肯定不姓奥马利
Don't know his last name, but I know it's not O'Malley.
不过这个故事还是改天再说吧
But that's a story for another day.
猜猜怎么着
Guess what?! Guess what?
爷爷带来了《正义先锋》
Grandad brought "Dukes."
我从家里录的 因为你们有些人...
I tape it at home because some of you, um --
我该怎么说呢 话太多了
how should I say this? Talk too much.
你是在说我吗
Are you talking about me?
你最好不是在说我
Because you better not be talking about me.
因为我话不多
Because I do not talk too much.
我希望有人能说我话多
I wish somebody would say I talk too much.
大家喜欢我的评论
People love my commentary.
这里不只有蕾恩鲍乐于助人
Rainbow isn't the only helpful person around here.
这是什么
What you got?
-词汇 -好的
- Vocabulary. - Okay.
没那么糟糕 大多数词我都认识
Oh, this is not so bad. I know most of these words.
-你准备好了吗 -准备好了
- You ready? - Ready.
"希望" 这很简单
"Expect." Well, that's easy.
我希望我早上来的时候
I expected there would be hot coffee
会有热咖啡喝
when I got here this morning.
你要柠檬吗
Do you need a lemon?
"不满"
"Dissatisfied".
我来的时候没有热咖啡 这让我很"不满"
I am "dissatisfied" with the fact that there is no hot coffee.
"容忍♥"
"Tolerate."
我再也"容忍♥"不了了
I will not "tolerate" this crap any longer.
我是不是太含蓄了
Am I being too subtle?
说的就是你
This is about you.
慢用
Enjoy.
我会的
I will.
"小气" 你妈妈太"小气"了
"Petty." Your mama is "petty."