我在这个位置看到飞机残骸
And that's where I saw the plane debris, around there.
如果是坠机的话 肯定有人死亡
If it's from a crash, there are people who died.
所以我们马上想到了家属
So we immediately thought of the families.
我们马上就通过无线电报♥警♥了
That's when we got on the radio and called the police.
(2015年7月29日)
(离最后一次通讯过去16个月)
(《警报》)
今早有关马航370搜救的突发新闻...
Breaking news on the search for Malaysia Airlines flight 370...
一片飞机残骸被冲上了
A piece of plane debris has washed up
法属印度洋岛屿留尼汪的海滩上
on the French Indian Ocean island of La Réunion.
但调查人员认为影像中的残骸
But investigators believe the debris in the images
和波音777上的一致 也就是失踪马航客机的机型
is consistent with a Boeing 777, the same as the missing Malaysia jet.
这好像是真的
- This seems real.
如果是波音777的部件 那就是MH370的
- If it's a 777 part, it's MH370.
毫无疑问 什么都没少
There's no doubt. There's nothing missing.
而且有迹象显示它泡在水里很久了
No doubt. Also, it has indications it's been in the water for a long time.
今天对家属来说很糟糕
It's a terrible day for the families.
我个人百分之百否认 飞机因为某种坠机事故
I personally lived in 100% complete denial about the plane having ended its flight
结束飞行
in some sort of crash.
所以我的生活又一次失控
So everything was spiraling out of control for my-- for me, again, in my life.
对我来说 残骸让我开始思考
For me, the debris was the point at which I started thinking,
“好吧 他们不会回来了”
"Fine, they're not coming back."
我们面对的是迫使我们 接受他们曾在这里坠毁的事实
We faced something that forced us to accept that they were here.
接受
It's accepting
他们不会回来的事实 仅此而已
that they won't come back. That's it.
我个人不相信MH370坠毁在南印度洋
I personally don't believe MH370 crashed in the south Indian Ocean.
所以我第一次看到这条新闻时
So, the first time I saw that in the news,
我的真实感受是
my honest feeling,
“谁故意放在那里的 ”
"Who planted it there?"
”谁把这块零件带过去的 “
"Who brought the piece there?"
我们没有答案
We don't have the answers.
这是航♥空♥史上最大的谜团之一
This is one of the great mysteries in aviation history.
MH370:消失的马航客机
第一季第三集
怀着非常沉痛的心情
It is with a very heavy heart
我必须告诉你们
that I must tell you
一个国际专家团队已经确定
that an international team of experts have conclusively confirmed
留尼汪岛上发现的飞机残骸
that the aircraft debris found on Réunion Island
的确属于MH370
is indeed from MH370.
作为几十年来最大的航♥空♥谜题 这是一个重大突破
It's a huge break in the biggest aviation mystery in decades.
对于独♥立♥组织的人来说 这是个大新闻
It was huge news among the people in the Independent Group.
这是飞机在印度洋坠毁的 第一个确凿证据
It was the first hard evidence that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.
他们认为飞机坠落的大致区域
The area where they think the plane came down.
所有这些白点都模拟了 可能来自于MH370的残骸
All of those white dots simulate possible pieces of debris coming off MH370.
让人欣慰的是
It was gratifying to learn that
它巩固了我们一直倡导的理论
it reinforced the theories that we had been advocating.
到那时为止
Up to that point,
唯一表明飞机 最终坠入了南印度洋的信息
the only information available that the plane ended up in the southern Indian Ocean
就是国际海事卫星组织的数据
was really the Inmarsat data.
现在被冲上岸的残骸证实了这一点
Now, the debris washing up was confirming that.
这是第一次有独♥立♥的证据
It was the first time that there was an independent bit of evidence
证明飞机飞到了我们说的大概地方
that the flight had ended up where we roughly said it had ended up.
发现残骸之后 那种讽刺的设想就没有市场了
When debris was found, it put the lights out on the spoof scenario,
就是我的理论 国际海事卫星组织的数据被恶意篡改
which was my theory that the Inmarsat data had been maliciously altered
让大家觉得飞机往这边飞 其实是往另一个方向飞
to make it look like the plane went one way when it actually went the other.
飞机显然没有往北飞
The plane clearly had not gone north,
因为这是一块真正的飞机残骸
because here's a piece of the actual, physical plane.
但是
But...
当我想到它
as I thought about it,
我心想:“好吧”
I thought to myself, "Okay."
“我需要说服自己百分百相信 它就是MH370的残骸”
"I need to convince myself 100% that this came from MH370."
(柬埔寨)
我对冒险 旅行和解谜的热爱
My love of adventure and travel
来自我很小的时候
and solving mysteries came from when I was very young.
我一直想周游各国
I've always wanted to go to every country in the world
了解各处未解之谜
and learn about it and any unsolved mystery anywhere,
我想去解决它们 了解它们
I wanted to be the one to solve it and know about it.
我进过讨论马航370的
I'd been involved in a Facebook group
脸书小组
discussing Malaysia 370
我想知道自己能不能帮上忙
and I wanted to know what I could possibly do to help.
所以襟翼被发现后
So after the flaperon was found,
我知道那里还有更多的残骸
I knew that more debris was out there.
我跟海洋学家谈过了
I talked to oceanographers.
我说:“我想去找到更多的残骸”
I said, "Well, I want to go find more debris."
“我该去哪里 ”
"Where should I go?"
他们说
And they said,
“莫桑比克海岸的 莫桑比克海峡会有残骸”
"There will be debris in the Mozambique Channel on the coast of Mozambique."
“去那里 也许你会走运”
"Go there, and you'll get lucky."
我就是这么做的
And that's what I did.
(莫桑比克 维兰库卢什)
所以我去了维兰库卢什
So I went to Vilanculos,
莫桑比克海峡沿岸的一个小镇
a town on the Mozambique Channel.
我问了维兰库卢什附近的人
And I asked people around Vilanculos
他们有没有看见飞机残骸
if they'd seen any aircraft debris.
我遇见一个人说: “啊 那里有个沙坝”
Now, I met a guy who said, "Ah, there's a sandbank."
“所有渔民都去那里 收网 浮标和浮漂”
"And that's where all the fishermen go to get their nets, buoys, floats."
所以我跟他去了
So I went with him.
我们一起走
And we were walking along,
大概花了20分钟寻找
maybe about 20 or so odd minutes into the search,
突然
and suddenly,
我说:“那是什么 ”
I'm like, "Whoa, what's that?"
所以我走过去
So I walk over
是一个灰色的三角形 上面写着“不得踩踏”
and it's this gray triangle and it has "no step" written on it.
(不得踩踏)
我把它拿起来
And I held it in my hands.
我会告诉你
And I'll tell you,
那一刻我知道
that was the moment that I knew
在我心里 在我脑海中
in my heart and in my mind,
我拿到了一片马航370的残骸
that I had a piece of Malaysia 370.
今晚有关于飞机残骸的新进展
There are new developments tonight involving that piece of debris,
发现于东非 很可能属于
discovered off Eastern Africa, possibly belonging
失踪的马来西亚航♥空♥370航♥班♥
to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370.
马来西亚当局今天重申 照片证据表明
Malaysian authorities reiterated today that photographic evidence suggests
它可能是波音777的残骸
it likely came from a Boeing 777.
我们从发现它的美国人那里 听到了更多消息
And we're hearing more from the American who found it.
这绝对是飞机上的
This is definitely from an airplane.
可能来自波音的飞机
This could be from a Boeing.
可能来自777客机
This could be from a 777.
可能来自
This could possibly be
马航370
from Malaysia 370.
从照片上显示
From the pictures shown,
有很大的可能性
there is a high probability of, uh...
这块飞机残骸来自于波音777
the plane debris is from a Boeing 777.
有人叫我去莫桑比克寻找残骸
I'd been told to go to Mozambique to look for debris.
我去了 我找到了
I did and I found it.
海洋学家还告诉我 找残骸 最好的地方是马达加斯加
I was also told by oceanographers that the best place was Madagascar.
所以我去了那里
So I went there
去发现更多的残骸
to find more debris.
布莱恩·吉布森至少发现了20件残骸
Blaine Gibson has found at least 20 pieces of wreckage.
有七件几乎都被确定为是MH370的
Seven pieces are classified as almost certainly from MH370.
其他十件有可能 或者很有可能也是那架飞机的
Another ten are likely or highly likely to be off the plane.
这是目前为止发现的 最重要的一块残骸
This is by far the most significant piece that has been found.
布莱恩·艾伦·吉布森
Blaine Alan Gibson
在寻找残骸方面表现出了 不可思议的能力
had displayed an uncanny knack for finding pieces of debris.
这是别人无法刻意做到的
Something no one else had been able to do deliberately.
他是唯一一个走出去
He's the only person who can go out,
沿着海滩走 找到残骸的人
walk along a beach and pull up a piece of debris.
这片残骸 我们相信来自于马航370...
This piece of debris, which we believe is from Malaysia 370...
对 看啊
Oh. Yeah, look.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
大部分发现的MH370残骸
And he is now responsible
都是他负责找到的
for most of the pieces of debris of MH370 that have been recovered.
大部分关于MH370的实物证据 都来自一个人的手上
The majority of physical evidence about MH370 comes through the hands of one guy.
他是现代的印第安纳·琼斯