剧集 | 乔治·詹特利探案(2008) | 导航列表
- 你要我搜查他吗?- 你说我是骗子吗?
- Do you want me to search him?
- Are you calling me a liar?
对我是。
Yeah, I am.
我认为你也在撒谎瑞士女仆
I think you're also
lying about the Swiss maid
和你一起吃午饭。
that you were having lunch with.
只是一个“同事”。似乎离我很近。
Just a "colleague".
Seemed pretty close to me.
“关。” 这意味着什么?
"Close."
What does that mean?
这意味着当她需要你时,她不需要约德尔。
It means she won't need to
yodel when she needs you.
卡伦博士,我们认为有人
Dr. Cullen, we think someone
去你老婆家找东西。
paid a visit to your wife's house,
searching for something.
知道那可能是谁吗?
Any idea who that might've been?
- 瓦莱丽的房♥子?- 是的。
- Valerie's house?
- Yeah.
你说你从未去过的那个。
The one you said you'd never been to.
我怎么会知道?
How would I know?
绅士先生,普兰特博士急需发言。
Mr. Gently,
Dr. Plant needs to speak urgently.
好的。
OK.
她从复活节希望写作...
She writes from Easterhope...
...约会于两晚前的晚上 9 点。
... dated two nights ago at 9pm.
“亲爱的迈克尔……你现在就知道了
"Dear Michael...
You will know by now
说到底我还是把胆小鬼的出路……”
that I took the coward's
way out after all..."
其他人会问,“为什么不是一瓶药丸?
Others will ask,
"Why not a bottle of pills
而不是这个可怕的注射器?”
and not this ghastly syringe?"
但你比任何人都知道
But you, more than anyone, know
我的病如何影响了我的吞咽能力……”
how my illness has affected
my ability to swallow... "
“所以我做出了我的选择
"So I've made my choice
即使我讨厌和害怕针。
even though I hate and fear needles.
我请了个医生,嗯?”
Some doctor I made, eh?"
她其实是一个很棒的...
She was actually a wonderful...
她。她...
She was. She...
她与患者的关系非常融洽。
She had an extraordinary
rapport with patients.
每个人都爱她。
Everybody loved her.
慢慢来,普兰特博士。
Take your time, Dr. Plant.
“你也知道,我的生命中有过两次爱情。”
"You know, too,
that there were two loves in my life."
医学就是其中之一。
Medicine was one.
做医生是最大的荣幸。
Being a doctor
was the greatest privilege.
为穷♥人♥服务是拯救我的事情
Serving the poor was the
thing that rescued me
从我本来可以度过的生活中
from a life I might otherwise have spent
在自私地追求自己的欲望。
in the selfish pursuit of my own appetites.
第二个……大爱……
The second...great love...
“……当然是安德鲁。
"...was Andrew, of course.
当我们见面时,对我来说是一见钟情。
When we met,
it was love at first sight for me.
真正的致命一击。
A genuine coup de foudre.
他是我世界的光
He was the light in my world
尽管我们有分歧,
and though we have had our differences,
他仍然——在内心深处——是个好人,迈克尔。
he remains - deep down -
a good man, Michael.
请相信。
Please believe that.
看在我的份上,和他做朋友吧……
For my sake, be a friend to him...
...在未来的日子,几个月和几年。
...in the days, months and years ahead.
感恩认识你,
With gratitude for having known you,
和钦佩你...
and in admiration of you...
……我……我告辞了。
...I... I take my leave.
你的朋友和同事,瓦莱丽·卡伦。”
Your friend and colleague, Valerie Cullen."
我想那封信真的是属于我的。
I think that letter really belongs to me.
不。
No.
当我确定你妻子自杀的原因后
When I'm sure of the reasons
for your wife's suicide,
那么我会把这封信还给普兰特博士。
then I'll return this letter to Dr. Plant.
是写给他的。
It's addressed to him.
在那之前,这是不明原因死亡的证据
Until then, it's evidence
in an unexplained death
属于验尸官。谢谢你。
and belongs to the Coroner.
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
卡伦博士,我得麻烦你才能进来
Dr. Cullen,
I'm gonna have to trouble you to come in
让我们取你的指纹。
and let us take your fingerprints.
是啊,他很想烧掉这封信,不是吗?
Aye, he really wanted to
burn this letter, didn't he?
她在他这样的男人身上看到了什么?
What did she see in a bloke like him?
有时人们会爱上错误的人。
Sometimes people
fall for the wrong person.
不是吗?
Don't they?
好吧,我们有一封遗书。
Right, well, we've got a suicide note.
- 我们完了吗?- 为什么?她为什么要结束自己的生命?
- Are we done?
- Why? Why did she end her life?
我不知道你还需要多少理由。
I don't know how many
more reasons you need.
老实说,我不知道。山羊女孩海蒂?
I honestly don't.
Heidi the Goat Girl?
是的,也许。
Yeah, maybe.
你看到普兰特的眼神了吗?
Did you see that look in Plant's eyes?
哦耶。是的。
Oh, yeah. Yeah.
如果眼神可以杀人,
If looks could kill,
卡伦会是狗肉,不是吗?
Cullen would be dog meat, wouldn't he?
是的,不,普兰特讨厌他。
Yeah, no, Plant hates him.
事实上,我也是,而且我才刚认识他。
So do I, actually,
and I've only just met him.
我认为他对人们有这种影响。
I think he has that effect on people.
还有更多。
There's more to this.
她的信显然是在问普兰特
Her letter was clearly asking Plant
原谅卡伦的一些事情。
to forgive Cullen for something.
如果你想要的话,我有一些关于 Andrew Cullen 博士的好吃的东西。
I've got some tasty stuff on
Dr. Andrew Cullen if youse want it.
- 如?- 他根本就不是医生。
- Such as?
- He's barely a doctor at all.
你不会相信这个家伙
You wouldn't trust this bloke
在不折断手腕的情况下测量脉搏。
to take your pulse
without breaking your wrist.
无论如何,他出生在布莱克浦的一贫如洗的父母——
Anyway, he was born to
dirt-poor parents in Blackpool -
不像他的妻子,瓦莱丽,她……对不起,曾经是一个尊贵的人。
unlike his wife, Valerie, who...
sorry, was, an Honourable.
一个什么?
A what?
嗯,这意味着她是——曾经是——男爵的女儿。
Well, it means that she's -
was - the daughter of a Baronet.
你知道,一个用来吃玉米片的银勺
You know,
a silver spoon to eat your cornflakes with
以及所有这些 - 私立学校。
and all of that - private schools.
但她完全放弃了作为全科医生的训练
But she turns her back
on it all to train as a GP
来工业北部工作。
and come and work in the industrial North.
不管怎样... 他们是在医学院认识的 但在哪里...
Anyway...
they met at medical school, but where...
这一切从何而来?
Where's all this coming from?
主要是那个虾虎鱼
Mainly that gobby woman
谁在安全委员会接电♥话♥。
who answers the phone at the Safety Board.
无论如何,他和他的妻子在同一个诊所工作
Anyway, he's worked in the
same practice as his wife
三次,每次都发生同样的事情。
three times,
and the same thing happens every time.
他被解雇了,然后她出于忠诚和他一起离开。
He gets sacked and then she
leaves with him out of loyalty.
所以,最终他无法在任何地方找到一份全科医生的工作,
So, eventually he can't get
a job anywhere as a GP,
所以他最终成为了一名工厂医生,
so he ends up as a factory doctor,
显然,当你无用时,这就是你最终的结局。
which is where you end up
when you're useless, apparently.
正确的。好吧,看,我不知道这对我们有什么影响。
Right. Well, see,
I don't know where any of this gets us.
“内心深处”,她说。
"Deep down", she said.
“在内心深处,他是个好人。”
"Deep down he's a good man."
这意味着他做了坏事。
Which implies that he's done something bad.
不要说山羊女孩海蒂。
And don't say Heidi the Goat Girl.
我听腻了。
I'm sick of hearing it.
复活节希望有什么?为什么选择复活节希望?
剧集 | 乔治·詹特利探案(2008) | 导航列表