And when I reach my majority, we will be married.
等我达到法定年龄 我们就会结婚
Just tread carefully, Pip. Be cautious.
小心行事 皮普 要谨慎
Everyone is telling me to be cautious these days.
现在谁都告诉我要谨慎
I am sick of caution.
我烦透了谨慎
Quite right, Pip. Caution is very boring.
说得对 皮普 谨慎很无聊
Pocket.
普凯特
Drummle.
德姆勒
You know each other?
你们认识吗
We schooled together. Didn't we, Herbert?
我们曾是同窗 不是吗 赫伯特
Goodbye.
再见
Dear old Empty Pocket.
可怜的钱袋空空的普凯特啊
I wonder if he didn't cut himself off from his family for some girl
我在想他为了个姑娘跟家里断绝了关系
in order to make himself the tiniest bit memorable.
是不是为了让别人多少能记住他
Where did you school, Pip?
你在哪上的学 皮普
Privately. At home.
私塾 在家
Lucky you.
真幸运
I appear to be drinking all your champagne,
我好像把你的香槟都喝光了
how fearfully rude of me.
真是失礼
Yes, well, we'll get another. It would be my pleasure.
我们再叫一瓶吧 是我的荣幸
I do like new people.
我就喜欢结交新朋友
Mr Wemmick?
维米克先生
It is not the day for your allowance.
今天不是领零用钱的日子
I know, I wanted to speak to you on a private matter.
我知道 我是有私事找您
Make an appointment with the clerks to see Mr Jaggers.
要见加格斯先生 就去跟他手下的职员预约
This isn't something I'd wish to discuss with Mr Jaggers.
这事我并不想跟加格斯先生谈
I thought you'd be more suitable.
我认为跟您谈更合适
No-one more suitable than Jaggers.
没人比加格斯更合适
If you'd just hear me out.
请您听我说完
We could have luncheon at my club. Luncheon?
我们可以去我的俱乐部吃午餐 午餐
I'm too busy for luncheon at your club or anywhere else.
不管是去你的俱乐部还是去哪我都没空
Then I'd be happy to come to Walworth
那我乐意随您去沃尔沃斯
when you'd have more leisure to listen...
那您就有空听我说...
Make an appointment with the clerks.
去找他手下的职员预约
Now you'll excuse me, I have urgent business to conduct.
不好意思 我有紧急事务要办理
You really don't like me very much, do you, Mr Wemmick?
你真的不怎么喜欢我 是吧 维米克先生
I don't know who you are.
我都不认识你
Down there.
在那边
And what will happen to your property when you are dropped?
被绞死后 你的财产将会被如何处置
Pondering your immortal soul
审视你的灵魂
and how you will explain yourself to the Almighty,
你将如何向万能的主解释
that's all very well,
那样非常好
but these chickens need water, grain, a coop.
但这些鸡需要水 粮食和鸡舍
You're condemned but these chickens can be saved,
你已定罪 但它们还有救
if you bequeath them to me.
只要你把它们遗赠给我
Yep.
很好
They'll join my flock at Walworth and be well looked after.
我会把它们集中放养到沃尔沃斯好好照顾的
I wish you a good ending. The ropeman is Noakes.
愿你死得其所 实施绞刑的是诺克斯
Ties a strong knot.
绳结打得很牢的
What are you doing here? If I must follow you to
你来这做什么 若我一定得跟着你
Newgate to have an audience with you, I will.
到纽盖特监狱才能好好谈谈 那我会的
Did you just take his chickens? I accepted his bequest.
你夺走了他的鸡吗 我只是接受他的遗赠
And he has no further need of them. What is this matter then?
反正他已经不再需要了 你到底想说什么
Herbert still hasn't found a situation.
赫伯特尚未找到合适的工作
That is because he requires capital to buy into a firm.
那是因为他需要大笔资金买♥♥个厂
Capital that Herbert doesn't have. But I do.
可惜他没那么多资金 但我有
Or I will have.
或者说将会有
Mr Wemmick, I want to use my expectations to help Herbert
维米克先生 我想预先动用财产来帮助赫伯特
but it has to be completely secret
但手续必须秘密进行
and I don't know how to go about it.
而我不知道该如何做
So I... thought of you.
所以 我想到了你
I would counsel very strongly against such help being given.
我会强烈建议你放弃这一想法
Such dissolution of your portable property is most ill-advised.
如此滥用流动资金 是非常不明智的
You see these?
看到这些鸡了吗
You see these?
再看看这些戒指
These are all part of my portable property
这就是我所有的流动资金
and I do not give one piece of it away.
而我一分一毫都不会给别人
Nor should you yours.
你也不该
This is the advice of Mr Wemmick, Jaggers' chief clerk?
这就是加格斯先生手下第一要员 维米克先生的忠告吗
It is.
是的
And what does the Mr Wemmick who grows his own rhubarb say?
那私下有闲情逸致 与人交好的维米克先生会怎么说
They're a firm of shipping insurers.
那是家船舶保险公♥司♥
Venerable and well respected.
十分可靠 享有盛誉
Herbert had written to them some time ago.
赫伯特之前写过信给他们
That would be perfect to him. -- How will they explain
那样甚好 但他们将如何解释
why they're giving him this opportunity when he's penniless?
为何在他身无分文时 给他机会
I've thought of that.
那个我也想到了
Old Mr Clarriker will tell Herbert
就让克拉里克告诉赫伯特
he was touched by his obvious passion for ships
他被赫伯特对船舶的高涨热情所感动
and wants to support a young man
想帮助这位年轻人
looking to strike out on his own
看重的是他想自力更生
without the cushion of family money.
不靠家庭钱财帮助的精神
It's a terrible lie.
真是蹩脚的谎言
For a very good cause. I've rather enjoyed my mission.
但有着非常正当的理由 我很喜欢这次任务
The cloak and dagger. Without the dagger.
里应外合 秘密行事 不过没有内应
The capital required is 500 pounds.
他需要的资金为500磅
Can you pay a portion of that from what is in my allowance?
可以从我的零用金里支付一部分吗
I can, but what will you live on?
可以 但你要靠什么活
I am going to inherit a fortune, Mr Wemmick.
我即将继承一笔财产 维米克先生
A fortune! Money is not a concern.
是一大笔财产 钱不是问题
Tell Clarrikers they will receive the full amount on my majority.
告诉克拉里克 一达到法定年龄 我立刻全款付清
They understand that Herbert must never know?
他们明白绝对不能让赫伯特知道的吧
They're a business.
他们是生意人
As long as they get their capital,
只要能拿到钱
they're happy with any conditions.
他们肯遵守任何条件
I shall close the deal.
我一定达成协议
It seems not everything in this world is venal.
似乎并非世人都唯利是图 也有人有情有义
Mrs Brandley. My dear.
布兰德利夫人 亲爱的
The whirligig of the season is upon us once more.
本社交季的相亲活动又要开始了
And these are your daughters? Yes.
这几位就是令千金吗 是的
Such beauties! Thank you.
真漂亮 谢谢
Surely you are not nervous?
你真的不紧张吗
I am sick of being looked at.
我受够了被人盯着的感觉
I am sick of being evaluated.
受够了让人评头品足
And the women are the very worst.
这里的女人都太差劲了
None of them can hold a candle to you, Estella.
比起你 她们不值一提 艾斯黛拉
May I introduce Mr Pirrip and Miss Estella Havisham?
大家来见见皮瑞普先生和艾斯黛拉·哈维辛小姐
Ladies. Mr Pirrip.
女士们好 皮瑞普先生
Miss Havisham, I've called several times
哈维辛小姐 我找过你好几次
but you are always indisposed.
你一直避而不见
How have I insulted you? I don't know what I've done.
是我哪里得罪你了吗 我完全不记得了
You are making a spectacle of yourself, Sir.
你这是在丢人现眼 先生
Did you see that? I did.
你刚刚瞧见了吗 当然
Bidding will be very fierce this year.
今年对淑女们的争夺将大为激烈
Mr Pirrip, you are being much admired.
皮瑞普先生 您很受青睐啊
Do take an interest
选位姑娘作舞伴吧
or their doting mama will be most offended.
不然溺爱她们的妈妈会觉得被冒犯的
I am flattered by their interest
姑娘们的美意 我受宠若惊
but I am clearly escorting another lady.
但我显然已经另有舞伴了
This is a market, Mr Pirrip.
这是个市场 皮瑞普先生
All the stock must be assessed.
一定要货比三家才行
We are friends.
我们是朋友
Indeed?
真的吗
He is quite the bachelor du jour.
他可是钻石王老五
A baronet, will inherit the title and the estate.
准男爵 将继承头衔和财产
Breeding, bloodlines and proven provenance.
教养 血统 家世
You said you and Mr Drummle were friends. I wonder.
你说你和德姆勒先生是朋友 我很怀疑
Drummle.
德姆勒
Pip. You've been seeing my tailor.
皮普 你也去找我的裁缝了
We could almost be twins.
打扮得跟我一模一样嘛
How charming to see you again, Miss Havisham.
很荣幸再见你 哈维辛小姐