If I give you money, will you leave?
若我给你钱 你会走吗
Yes. If that's what you want.
会 如你所愿
Very well.
很好
What is the required amount?
你想要多少
350 pounds, made payable to Mr Clarriker.
350英镑 收款人写克拉里克先生
Do you not want to know what it is for?
你不想知道这笔钱是用来做什么的吗
Thank you, Miss Havisham.
谢谢您 哈维辛小姐
I have hurt you.
我伤了你的心
I wanted to hurt you.
我就想伤你的心
I wanted to hurt everybody.
我想伤害每个人的心
You forgive me?
你原谅我吗
Forgive me.
原谅我吧
I forgive you, Miss Havisham.
我原谅你 哈维辛小姐
Come here.
手伸过来
What?
怎么了
I wish you had not come back because of me.
希望你不是为我回来的
I wish you had your own family,
我希望你有自己的家庭
your own child to give all this to
有自己的孩子 把财产都给他
rather than being in such danger from Compeyson,
而不是这样深受康普生威胁
all because of me.
一切都是为了我
Do you know how he got this?
你知道他脸上怎么回事吗
Did you give it to him?
是你弄的吗
Not me, no.
不 不是我
My wife did.
是我妻子
Compeyson had a fancy for her.
康普生很喜欢她
I was away in the North so he thought he'd try on his luck.
当时我远在北部 他就以为机会来了
She marked him for his troubles.
被我妻子划伤脸
He had her taken for attempted murder.
他就以谋杀未遂逮捕了她
I come home,
我回到家
hear my wife's in Newgate...
知道我妻子被关在纽盖特监狱
my child left alone without a mother's protection, dead of fever,
我的孩子缺失母亲的照顾 死于热病
dead and gone, buried in a common pit without a prayer said.
孤独死去 未请牧师 弃尸乱坟
I try to hunt him down...
我想抓住他
but he's off...
但他逃走了
until...
直到...
we get tried for a crime we both did.
我们因之前共犯的一桩罪行被逮住
I get transportation, he gets two years' soft time.
我被流放 他被判刑两年
They think he's a gentleman
他们认为他是位绅士
who's made a mistake with the company he keeps.
只因近墨者黑 才偶犯小错
I get chained. He don't.
我锁链在身 他却没有
That long march to the Hulks,
去霍克斯监狱的漫长路途中
he knows I'll do him in.
他知道我要找他算账
So he goes over the side to get away from me,
所以擅自逃离了 以摆脱我
I go after him
我紧追不舍
to rip his black heart out through his lyin' mouth.
试图将他掏心挖肺 碎尸万段
And that's where you come in, Pip.
就是在那路上碰到了你 皮普
Did you think this was just a felon's dispute?
你当时以为那只是罪犯间的争斗吧
A little bit of nothing?
是毫无缘由的闹事吧
Your wife, did she hang?
你妻子 被绞死了吗
No, Jaggers was for her.
没 加格斯救了她
It was Jaggers who told me about my family.
就是加格斯告诉了我我家人们的噩耗
Because he saved my wife from the drop,
因为他挽救了我妻子的生命
I decided he should have the care of you.
我决定让他来照顾你
So you see, I did have a child and then I didn't.
你看 我有过孩子 却不幸夭折了
And what's left, you fill it up with...
我此后的人生 只剩下
drinkin', fightin' and bein' worse than you was before.
酗酒 斗殴 变得比以前更加凶残恶劣
And then I filled it up with you.
然后你成了我人生全部的牵挂
Sheep.
羊
It's all from sheep.
那些钱都是从羊身上赚来的
It's good wool, good meat.
羊毛上乘 羊肉美味
I worked so bloody hard.
我拼了命地工作
I thought if I could do good by you, I could do good by her.
我觉得如果我把你照顾好 也算弥补对她的亏欠了
You had a daughter. She was...
你的孩子是个女儿 她是
she was a beautiful little girl.
她是个漂亮的小姑娘
Her and Molly,
她和莫莉
they deserved better than me.
她们该拥有更好的父亲和丈夫
Wait!
等等
Mr Wemmick, would you close the door?
维米克先生 帮忙关门好吗
Estella's father is Abel Magwitch.
艾斯黛拉的父亲是艾伯·麦格威奇
You told him his child was dead.
你告诉他 他的孩子死了
I did what was best.
我那样做对大家都好
She had a new name, a new life. She was settled.
她有了新名字 新人生 生活安定
And that is Estella's mother who you saved from the noose.
而那是艾斯黛拉的母亲 你救了她的命
Did you take her case because she was beautiful?
你接下她的案子 是贪图她美貌吗
So the inscrutable Jaggers is a man like any other.
原来高深莫测的加格斯和别的男人一样
And what did you ask for in lieu of payment?
你到底向她要了什么作为报酬
Because she is not your housekeeper, is she?
她才不是你家女佣 不是吗
And she owes you her life.
她欠了你一条命
She owes me nothing.
她什么都不欠我
She came of her own free will, she stays of her own free will.
她出于自愿而来 也是出于自愿而留下
No wonder you wanted Magwitch kept away from you.
难怪你把麦格威奇发配到遥远的地方
The fear of being discovered, that you stole his daughter.
因为你害怕被他发现 你偷了他女儿
All those secrets laid bare.
所有的秘密大白于天下了
You have not seen children so young,
那是你没在法庭上
so tiny in court...
见过那么小的孩子
they have to be lifted up
得把他们举起来
so the judge can see them to pass sentence.
法官才能看着他们进行判决
Children, imprisoned, transported...
孩子们被关起来 被发配
dying on those ships,
最后死在船上
or on those streets, or in those cells or at the end of a rope,
街上 监狱里 甚至吊死在绳上
the result is always the same.
结果总是一样
Dead before they have a chance of life.
一天好日子也没过上就死了
And here is an innocent child with a mother in prison
有个无辜的孩子 母亲在监狱里
and a father nowhere to be found.
父亲不知所踪
He knew none of it.
他什么也不知道
She was still alone.
总之她孤苦无依
And here is a wealthy client who asks me to find a girl
一个有钱的委托人让我找个女孩
she can raise as her own.
送去给她抚养
Stolen?
算偷吗
Saved.
那是拯救
Saved?
拯救吗
She is married to Bentley Drummle.
她要嫁给本特利·德姆勒了
Even I cannot look into the future.
我无法预知未来
What damage would the truth do now?
真♥相♥会造成多大的伤害?
To everyone?
对每个人
Some secrets are best left.
有些秘密最好一直藏着
Time you went.
你该走了
Herbert has found a ship that sails tomorrow night for the Cape.
赫伯特找了艘船 明晚去开普敦
The Captain can be trusted.
那船长很可信
Herbert did him a favour,
赫伯特帮过她
Captain's happy to repay it by looking the other way.
作为回报 船长会睁一只眼闭一只眼的
You've always known everything, haven't you?
你一直什么都知道的 对吧
I'm Mr Jaggers' chief clerk.
我是加格斯先生手下的第一要员
Tomorrow night, Pip,
明晚 皮普
you have to get Magwitch ready.
让麦格威奇准备好
The Cape.
开普敦
Yes.
是的
I swore I was done with boats.
我曾发誓一辈子不再坐船了
At least this time I won't be chained.
至少这次不用再戴着枷锁了
Can I come with you?
我能跟着你吗
I can't go home, not after the things I've said,
我无家可归了 我说了太多没良心的话
the things I've done.
做了太多没良心的事
I have to start again.
我得重新开始
D'you get seasick?
你晕船吗
I don't know.
不知道
Well, if you do, stand downwind of me.
如果晕的话 就站在我的下风处
"My dearest Joe,
"亲爱的乔
"I'm sorry I don't have the courage to say this to you in person.
抱歉我没有勇气亲自对你说出这些话
"I'm going away.
我要走了
"Not forever, but for a while.
不是永远 但会有一阵子