Your wine, sir.
你的酒 先生
Thank you.
谢谢
Herbert, you ain't...
赫伯特 你还没
haven't asked how I came by my good fortune.
问我是怎么得到那笔财产的
Well, I gather there are legal conditions.
我想 这其中必定有法律约束
One cannot help but draw conclusions...
外人肯定忍♥不住暗自揣测...
You must have made a very great impression at Satis House.
你在萨提斯庄园肯定表现得很好
You don't mind?
你不介意吗
Pip, the last person I'd like
皮普 我可不想
to have influence over my life is Miss Havisham.
哈维辛小姐对我的生活有任何的影响
But if it's what you want. It is.
但如果这是你想要的 是的
Then I'm very happy for you.
那么我为你高兴
Put this hand on, um, on my waist.
把这只手放在我的腰上
No, lightly, Pip. No gripping, no grasping.
不 轻轻地 皮普 不要用抓的
And you take the other hand, like so...
另外一只手 像这样
Gently! Pip, this is not a knuckle-crushing competition.
轻点 皮普 又不是在比扳手腕
And...
然后
One, two, three.
一二三
One, two, three. One...
一二三 一
One... Foot! ..Two, three.
一 哎呀 踩到脚了 二三
My foot again! ..Two, three.
又踩到我的脚了 二三
One, two, three. Elbow, two, three.
一二三 手肘 二三
Ow! Two, three.
哎呀 二三
Backwards... and forwards.
向后 然后向前
And then you raise your left hand gracefully, like this.
然后优雅地抬起你的左手 像这样
Left foot, and right foot.
先左脚 然后右脚
And twir... Whoa!
旋转
Maybe not quite so hard.
别那么用力
Twirl me.
旋转
That was not bad at all!
跳得相当不错嘛
Take one to Mr Denby with my compliments.
献一瓶给丹比先生聊表赞美
Of course, sir.
好的 先生
I want to be invited to one of his card games.
我想让他邀请我参加他的牌局
This is very expensive, Pip.
那可是要出血本的 皮普
It's a crucial part of my education.
牌局也是我必学的社交活动
We'll be more sober next week.
也许下个礼拜我们会清醒点
You said that last week!
你上个礼拜也这么说
I'm supposed to be looking about me, I'm so terribly drunk.
我本该去找工作的 可我现在简直醉得一塌糊涂
Try harder with your drunkenness
那你可得好好提升酒量
and you won't be so terrible at it.
就不至于那么容易醉了
You're not allowed in here. This is a gentleman's club.
你不能进来 此地是绅士俱乐部
You're alive, then.
看来你还没死
Us was wondering.
我们还想呢
Sir... You've no call to lay 'ands on me. Tell 'em, Pip.
先生 你们无权碰我 告诉他们 皮普
There's no problem here, thank you.
这里没什么问题 谢谢回避
Herbert Pocket.
在下赫伯特·普凯特
Would you like to sit down, Mr...?
你想坐下说话吗 先生
Gargery.
戈吉瑞
You take some seeking out.
找你可真不容易
First off, went to that Jaggers.
我先是去了加格斯那里
They told me where you was livin', went there, you weren't in,
他们告诉了我你住的地方 去了之后你却不在那里
went back and they told me you might be here.
回去之后他们又告诉我你可能在这
I been all over the place but found you at last.
我四处打听 终于找到你了
Lucky the marshes breeds us determined, eh?
我们乡野小民就是坚持不懈
Nothing to say to me, Pip?
对我无话可说吗 皮普
Let's go.
我们走
Stop running now, can we?
别跑了 行吗
I wasn't running.
我没有跑
You'll want coffee. I'll send for some coffee.
你要咖啡吗 我可以叫人上咖啡
Don't care about no coffee.
不要什么咖啡了
I want to see you.
我只想见见你
You look... different.
你看上去 不一样了
It's just a suit.
只是衣服的原因
You talk different.
你说起话来也不一样了
Not a word, Pip.
你一去音讯全无 皮普
Not one word to say you're safe, you're well.
也没捎个信说你过得好不好
I've been very busy. I haven't noticed the time going by.
我一直很忙 没注意到时间过得那么快
Well, it has gone by.
是的 时间过得飞快
Months have passed.
几个月过去了
And you is missed.
我心里念着你
Forge is empty, house is empty without you.
铁铺空荡荡的 家里没了你也空荡荡的
I'm sorry, but as you can see, I'm quite well.
对不起 但你也看到 我过得很好
Missus lives to hear from you.
夫人就盼着有你的消息
Lives for it.
撑着最后一口气
What else has she got but starin' at the wall every day?
她除了整天对着墙发呆 就是惦念着你
Write to her. And who would read it?
给她写信 谁读给她听
Pumblechook could read it to her and to me both.
帕博克叔父可以读给她和我听
He merely wants to brag about
他只会到处吹嘘
how he gave me my first opportunity.
他当年如何替我争取到第一个机会
He's a idiot, let him brag,
他就是个蠢货 让他吹吧
doesn't do you any hurt.
又不会妨害到你
Does it not?
怎么不会
I will write when I am less busy.
我一有空就会写信给你的
You're shamed.
你觉得羞耻
Shamed of home, shamed of where you come from.
以家为耻 以你的出身为耻
Shamed of me.
以我为耻
Ain't even looked at me proper.
你甚至不敢正眼看我
In the eye.
正视我
Like a man.
像个男人
Joe, you don't understand.
乔 你不明白
I understand.
我明白
You're here, too.
你也来了
I thought it was just going to be myself and Mr Jaggers.
我还以为要独自去见加格斯先生呢
Oh, no, it is. I'm just waiting...
没错 我只是在等...
Here she is!
来了
Pip, this is my fiancee, Clara.
皮普 这是我未婚妻克莱拉
Clara, this is Pip.
克莱拉 这位是皮普
I'm very pleased to meet you at last.
很荣幸终于能够一睹芳容
We're going to Mr Wemmick's in Walworth for our chess night.
我们要去沃尔沃斯会见维米克 象棋之夜
He has me in check, but I'm hoping Clara can get me out of it.
我老是被他将军 指望克莱拉能帮我解围
Chess nights with Mr Wemmick?
和维米克先生的象棋之夜
I didn't know you had chess nights.
我都不知道有那回事呢
To Walworth!
去沃尔沃斯
There are sausages for supper and rhubarb pie
我为晚宴备了香肠
with rhubarb from my own garden
还有自家花♥园♥里的大黄做的馅饼
and then, Herbert, I shall take your king in three moves.
先礼后兵 我要在三招以内将你军
Ah, we shall see about that, Mr Wemmick.
维米克先生 那我们走着瞧
I sense a humiliating defeat.
恐怕此次我凶多吉少
Pip, Mr Jaggers is waiting for you.
皮普 加格斯先生在等你
Mike! Mind the shop.
麦克 看好店
Come on, you two!
你们两个快点
I won't be late.
我尽早回去
I have some delicious hedgerow wine, Herbert.
赫伯特 我那还有一些不错的树篱酒
If you can keep clear head after that...
你如果喝完仍然神志清醒...
Still no sign?
还是没来
None, Mr Jaggers.
没有 加格斯先生
You're early, Pip.
皮普 你来早了
No matter, since my previous appointment has failed to appear.
罢了 反正前一个来访者没能按时赴约
Follow.
跟我来
I apologise. It's just I saw Estella's name.
抱歉 我只是看见艾斯黛拉的名字
Miss Havisham Senior.
是老哈维辛小姐
They have the same name? But I thought Estella was adopted.
她们名字一样吗 但艾斯黛拉不是养女吗
She is. Then how is it that they have the same name?
的确 那她们的名字怎么会一样
I can understand the Havisham, but Estella
改姓哈维辛我能理解 可艾斯黛拉
was surely not born with the name Estella.
原名肯定不是艾斯黛拉
How insatiably curious you are about those two ladies.
你怎会对这两位女士如此好奇
Curiosity is natural under the circumstances.
这种情况下好奇实属自然
Curiosity killed the cat. And nature can be most brutal.
好奇害死猫 自然可能很残酷
Sit.
坐
This is a very kind invitation, Mr Jaggers.
加格斯先生 多谢您热心邀约