I'm in love.
我坠入爱河了
I am in love with Estella.
我爱上艾斯黛拉了
We were told she was the orphaned child of friends
外界只知道她是朋友的遗孤
but no friends anyone had ever heard of.
可谁都没听说过那位朋友是谁
Who are you?
你是谁
I am a gentleman. But you're not.
我是个绅士 但其实你根本不是
Any more than she is a lady.
她也不是个淑女
Missus!
夫人
Your room's the same from when you left.
你的房♥间还是你离开时的样子
I put sheets on the bed.
我在床上铺了床单
No, Joe, I can't stay.
不了 乔 我不能留下
Compeyson was a con-man, Pip.
康普生是个骗子 皮普
On the day of the wedding, he sent her a note
婚礼的那天 他给她送去了一封留言
and was never seen again.
就再也不见踪影
You have bills at your club.
你有俱乐部的账
They're not unpaid, they're just not paid yet.
不是不付 只是还没付
But they will be.
最终肯定会付的
Who are you? Abel Magwitch.
你是谁 我是艾伯·麦格威奇
It's me that is your benefactor.
我是你的捐赠人
You're my gentleman, Pip.
你是我的绅士 皮普
Beautiful, ain't it?
多美啊 不是吗
Pick it up, it's yours.
捡起来吧 都是你的
Feel it. Smell it.
摸一摸 闻一闻
That'll set you up for life, boy.
钱财能帮你铺平向上的道路 孩子
I don't understand.
我不明白
What's to understand?
有什么需要明白的
You've come of age and here's what you were promised,
你已经到了法定年龄 而这是许诺给你的
what you've been waiting on!
也是你期盼已久的
It ain't complicated!
一点都不复杂
How did you find me?
你是怎么找到我的
You didn't take no finding.
根本不需要找
I've had my eyes on you the whole while.
我一直都监视着你
Jaggers sent back his reports.
加格斯一直在向我报告
This can't be true,
这不是真的
this can't... It can't be you.
这不是...不可能是你
I never forgot you, Pip.
我从没忘记过你 皮普
You been in there since that first day.
从第一次见面 我就记住了你
I never forgot you.
我从没忘记过你
It's my friend Herbert! Please!
是我的朋友赫伯特 别这样
You trust 'im?
你信任他吗
With my life! Please! I'm begging you.
他是我的生死之交 拜托了 我求你
You Pip's friend.
你是皮普的朋友
Herbert Pocket. Delighted to meet you.
我是赫伯特·普凯特 幸会
Are you going to be my friend, Herbert Pocket?
那你会成为我的朋友吗 赫伯特·普凯特
Do you know how to keep that shut? Yes, sir.
知道什么叫守口如瓶吗 知道 先生
Good man.
好家伙
Now you take that down to the bank tomorrow.
明天你把钱存银行
We don't want no criminals thieving it off you, do we?
总不能让那些贼有可趁之机吧 对吗
I ain't putting you out?
我没碍着你的事吧
No, no. Not at all.
不不 完全不会
I'm a married man now. I don't live here any more.
我已经结婚了 不住在这里了
What happened before.
刚刚我的举动
It won't happen again. I apologise for that.
不会再有了 我道歉
Mr Magwitch, forgive my impertinence but
麦格威奇先生 请容我冒昧地问一句
how long do you intend to stay in London?
您打算在伦敦待多长时间
I've come home for good.
我以后都会在这里了
You must be exhausted.
您一定累坏了
Sleep well.
晚安
Pip, we have a very serious problem.
皮普 我们面临一个很严肃的问题
What are you doing here?
你来这里做什么
Clara's papa got so drunk
克莱拉的爸爸喝得酩酊大醉
he forgot we're married
忘记我和她已经成婚
and chased me away with a stick.
拿着棍子将我赶出来了
Clara said I should come here until she can talk to him.
克莱拉叫我先来这里 等她和他谈谈
Pip, your benefactor is a returned lifer.
皮普 你的捐赠人是个潜逃回来的无期徒刑犯
We have to consider very carefully what we do now.
我们得仔细考虑该如何应对
He is not my benefactor.
他不是我的捐赠人
You said yourself, it's Miss Havisham.
你自己也说过 是哈维辛小姐
I presumed and so did you. Clearly we were both wrong.
我不过是猜测 你也一样 显然我们都错了
He's lying.
他在撒谎
He knows Jaggers, where you live,
他知道加格斯 知道你居住的地点
everything about you.
知道关于你的一切
Herbert, listen.
赫伯特 你听着
Someone has been following me for a while. Now I've been watched.
有人一直在跟踪我 我在被人监视着
What do you mean, followed?
什么叫做跟踪你
Someone just behind me, watching.
有人在随时监视我
I can never quite see who he is.
我没办法说清那是谁
But it's him. Isn't that how he knows.
但一定是他 不然他怎么会一清二楚
He's come back, Pip!
他逃回来了 皮普
Do you know what the penalty is?
你知道那是多大的罪吗
We cannot discuss this with anyone else,
我们不能和任何人谈及此事
we have to think of what to do.
得快点想出解决办法
It can't be him.
不可能是他
This is a hoax,
这是场骗局
I can prove it. Pip!
我会证明的 皮普
Pippity-Pip.
皮皮特·皮普
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
Deadly mausoleum, this. Can you smell it?
死气沉沉的陵墓 你能闻到吗
Rot. Decay.
腐烂 凋零之气
People who don't take charge of their property
那些不好好管理家宅祖产的人
should be shot in my book.
在我看来都该被处死
I said, what are you doing here?
我问你到这里来做什么
She stands to inherit it.
庄园由她继承
Which makes it mine.
也就是我的了
Well, I will burn it to the ground.
我会将其付之一炬
What did you say?
你说什么
A woman's inheritance belongs to her husband.
女人继承的遗产归其丈夫所有
He can do what he likes with her goods.
他可以随心所欲地进行支配
No.
不
She's telling the old woman now of my formal intentions.
她正在告诉那老女人我正式求婚的消息
No. No.
不 不
A quick wedding and then I will remove my wife from London
我会和她尽快完婚 然后带她离开伦敦
and the host of undesirables that cluster about her.
离开那些对她纠缠不休的人
No. She'd never wed you.
不 她绝不会和你成亲
Wed me? How quaint.
成亲 多古怪的说法
Voice really slipped there, Pippy. Slippy Pippy.
乡音脱口而出 皮皮 嘴上不牢靠的皮皮
Go on, say something else. Amuse me.
继续 继续说 给我制♥造♥点乐子
Say something in that real voice of yours. It's so entertaining.
说些你从小就会的土话 真是太有意思了
To the victor the spoils.
胜者为王
Pip, this is private.
皮普 你不能上来
Let him speak, Jaggers.
让他说 加格斯
Don't. Not him. Don't.
不 别嫁给他 不要答应
I did warn you.
我警告过你
No, you didn't. I did. You just weren't listening.
不 你没有 我警告过 但你不听
You're meant to marry me.
你是注定要嫁给我的
And when was this decided?
什么时候有这回事儿的
Since always! This is what it's been for,
自始至终 我努力的一切就是为此
being a gentleman, for you!
成为一位绅士 为了你
Marry me. I love you, I've always loved you.
嫁给我 我爱你 我一直都爱着你
You were meant to. Everyone's meant to love me.
你注定要爱我 所有人都注定要爱我
But I don't love back. I do not have a heart.
但我不会爱任何人 我没有心
I will write.
我会写信
And I will answer. As ever. Goodbye, Pip.
我也会回信的 一如既往 再见了 皮普
No, I won't let you do it!
不 我不会让你这么做的
You do not have a say in the matter.
还轮不到你来做决定
I don't believe you. You kissed me.
我不相信 你吻了我
I was practising on you.
我只是利用你来练习罢了
As I was from the very beginning.
从一开始就是
Is that not right, Mother?
难道不是吗 母亲
You brought him here for me to practise on?
你当年领他进庄园是给我练习的