剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
I wonder - am I necessary to this conversation?
或者谈话双方都要由你来扮演?
Or will you play both parts?
孩子?
A child?
我得承认你丈夫告诉我的这个消息
I must confess that this news, brought to me by your husband,
让我对你们的婚姻产生了其他看法,而非你所让我相信的那样。
gave me an idea of your marriage other than you led me to believe.
请原谅我如果
Forgive me if...
我让你产生了任何错误的理解
I led you to any false understanding.
离开他
Leave him.
我们心意相投,尽管
We are of common mind about this world and although
我无法给你他这种地位的人所有的一切
I cannot offer all a man of his position can,
我们在一起会好的,我们... 我们会重新开始
we will be well together, we...we will begin anew.
这是发疯
This is a madness!
是吗?
Is it?
告诉我你无法想象
Tell me you that you cannot imagine a life
去过另一种不同的生活
other than the one you have.
和一个在意你,接受你
With a man who sees you, and accepts you and...
将会永远爱你的人一起生活 永远爱我?是的
will love you for all that you are. For all that I am? Yes.
那你会抚养别人的孩子吗?
And will you play father to another man's child?
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes, truly yes.
我不能想象
I cannot see this...
你为我描绘的这种生活
this life that you paint for me.
你是一个令人难以信服的证人,Sarah Hill.
You are an unconvincing witness Sarah Hill.
我不是证人,这也不是审判
I am no witness. And this is no trial.
这就是我的回答
You have my answer.
Southouse先生
Mr Southouse?
-Garrow先生。 -请等等,很高兴在此见到你
-Mr Garrow. -Please!I feel that perhaps this meeting is a little fortunate.
我觉得,如果
I think that, if...
如果我们之间有人要表示歉意的话
If there is a distance to make up between us...
那主要责任应该在我
the journey is largely mine to make.
主要责任?
Largely?!
应该说全是我的责任
Entirely mine to make.
自从我们争吵之后,我心里一直空荡荡的
I feel an undoubted and dispiriting absence since our dispute.
如果我一时兴起的行为
If I have tested your patience
让你忍♥无可忍♥
by my enthusiasm for the irregular execution of my trade and of my life...
-我也深感后悔。 -后悔?
-it causes me regret. -Regret?
没其他的了?
That is as far as you will go on this journey?
你还要我怎么说呢?
How far would you have me go?
-拜托,让我们冰释前嫌吧... -来去自如,很开心,是吧?
-Please, let us put it behind us...
-It's a great thing isn't it? To come and go as you please?
-夫人,我们认识吗?抱歉. -你是Garrow先生吗?
-Madam, are we familiar? Forgive me. -You're Mr Garrow?
-我是, - 夫人,我告诉过你
-I am. - Madam, I told you clearly...
先生,别让我戳着你的良心
Don't let me prick at your conscience, sir.
请便吧,蒙起你的双眼,堵住你的耳朵,享受你的特权生活吧
Please, block your eyes and ears to the world beyond your privilege.Enjoy your leisure.
她是不是疯了?
If one of us has lost their wits,please say it's not me.
她来找过你
She came looking for you.
我听了她的故事,告诉她我们帮不了她
I heard her out and told her there was nothing to be done. Her husband it seems.
我们怎能自称是自♥由♥人
How can we say that we are free men
当我们的信件被随意没收
when by Royal proclamation our letters may be seized?
合法的集♥会♥被奸细渗透
Spies sent to infiltrate our most innocent meetings,
国王的政♥府♥支持那些攻击我们的报社
when the King's government supports those who attack us in the press?
这位女士的丈夫
This woman's husband -
由于支持平等
for campaigning for what we all know is just.
选举权- 不单有钱人有议会中要有平等席位
Votes - not only for the wealthy,a fair representation in Parliament,
而且要保证匿名投票的权利
and a right to the protection of a secret ballot!
我告诉这位女士,由于我们不再合作
I told the woman that, since we no longer work as attorney and barrister...
我听说过这件事,他们是在说Hamer?Joseph Hamer?
I've heard of this tale. Do they talk of Hamer? Joseph Hamer?
他这三个月来未受任何指控即遭非法监禁
He did find himself arrested and imprisoned without charge these three months.
"伦敦通信会社"的成员们(十八世纪末著名的共和激进组织)
Members of the London Corresponding Society,
我这里有一封来自你们的秘书,我的丈夫的信
I have words from your secretary, my husband.
法律规定每个人都有权受到公正审判...够了!
The law demands a prisoner be brought before the court...-Enough! -..pro...
够了!作为国务大臣的信使我宣布这次煽动性的集♥会♥到此结束
Enough! As messenger for the Secretary of State I call an end to this seditious assembly.
-真是岂有此理! -所有点到名的人都被控犯有扰乱治安罪
-This is an outrage! -All these so named to be charged with breaking the peace.
-你不能这样做! -Benjamin Winthrop
-You can't do this! -Benjamin Winthrop.
Edward Ironside.
Samuel Cuff. Mary Hamer.
这些名字是哪个奸细给你的?
What spy gave you these names?!
够了!
That's enough!
小心,先生!
Take care, sir!
你也想上黑名单吗,先生?
Would you add your name to this list, sir?
-你要去治安官那里为她求情! -我不去!
-You have go to the magistrate and plead her case! -I will not!
-我只是请求你... -你是要求我再一次做你的傀儡
-Al that I ask... -All that you ask is that I act as your puppet once more
我这么做只会自找麻烦,惹怒治安官
and make a nuisance of myself such as will unfriend the magistrate.
这种忙我帮不上。不过
But I will do you no favour. However,
我会在自己的职责范围内见机行事
to help Mary Hamer I will act according to my judgment
以一个事务律师的身份。
as an attorney.
如果你是真心诚意想帮她,你就应该克制自己
And if you are sincere you will act against your nature,
我的事没完之前不要插手
recognise your limits and stay away until I have done it.
Edward Ironside,被控何罪?
Edward Ironside accused, what charge?
非法集♥会♥,扰乱治安
Meeting as a society to break the peace.
起诉成立
So charged.
Robert Boddam,
-被控何罪? -非法集♥会♥,扰乱治安。起诉成立。
-what charge? -Meeting as a society to break the peace. So charged.
Mary Hamer,被控何罪?
Mary Hamer, what charge?
代表Mary Hamer请求干预,先生
Intervention, sir,on behalf of Mary Hamer.
Southouse先生,你有何意见?
Mr Southouse,what objection have you?
指控不适用
That the charge cannot apply.
这位女士当时是在咖啡馆、
This woman was present at the coffee house.
但记录显示,Mary Hamer不是"通信会社"的成员
But Mary Hamer, the recordswill show, is not a member of the Corresponding Society.
你主张什么?
And you contend what?
她只是此次会议一名旁观者
That she was no more than a bystander to this meeting.
就像我一样
As was I. Hmm.
Mary Hamer,你是社团成员吗?
Mary Hamer, are you a member of the society?
不,先生,我没加入
No, sir, not signed.
但我要接受和其他被捕者同等的待遇
But I will not be treated other than all these arrested.
这不是由你决定的
That will not be yours to decide.
Mary Hamer起诉撤销
Mary Hamer dismissed.
下一个
Next.
-Lynam是会员,先生。 -但他的名字不在名单上。
-Charles Lynam. Lynam is a member, sir.
-He may be but his name I think is missing here.
这样的话他也应该被释放
On which grounds he is also entitled to be dismissed.
Southouse先生,如果你要当大律师,我建议你去“老贝利”
Mr Southouse, if you wish to play the barrister, I recommend the Bailey.
Garrow先生。Southouse先生
Mr Garrow. Mr Southouse.
Lynam先生,Hamer夫人
Mr Lynam, Mrs Hamer.
你干得似乎不错
It seems you have done well.
不过我怀疑我的功劳并不会上报
Though I fear my performance will not fill the newspapers.
这说明律师要有充分发挥自己职能的空间
Here is proof an attorney works best when allowed to do his job.
现在是我尽职的时刻了.夫人,我们必须去新门监狱和你丈夫谈话
And now I must do mine. Madam,we shall go to Newgate and speak with your husband.
Joseph, Joseph!
Joseph,这是Garrow先生
Joseph, this is Mr Garrow.
我对法律没有什么信心
I have little faith in the law.
我对你所有的要求是让我在法庭上畅所欲言
All I want from you is to give me the chance to say my piece in court.
我已经无所顾忌了
I am resigned to what will come.
我也不绕弯子了。如果我让你畅所欲言,你会把自己送上绞刑架
And I will be plain. If I let you speak your mind, you will put a noose around your own neck.
我认为你妻子也会希望你有所顾忌的
And I think your wife would prefer you a little less resigned.
Joseph,Garrow先生是个很好的大律师
Joseph,Mr Garrow's a fine barrister.
这个我不怀疑。但这不是法律,是政♥治♥
I have no doubt. But this is a matter of politics, not law.
如果国王流放他的政♥府♥,请我当
If news comes that the King exiles his government and wants me
首相的话,我就会乐观一点的
as Prime Minister then I will show you some optimism.
我会第一个投你的票的
And I will be first in line to vote for you.
请相信我并不是盲目地乐观
But be sure that my own optimism is not born out of ignorance.
Joseph,你的案件正处于断头台的阴影下
You see your case Joseph, is played out in the shadow of the guillotine.
他们害怕你
They fear you.
Tom Paine,美国革命家,发表了<人♥权♥论>
Tom Paine,the American revolutionary,published The Rights of Man.
由于他的煽动性言论,他受到了缺席审判
He was tried in his absence for sedition.
控方不必反驳任何辩护
The prosecution had no need to rebut the arguments.
陪审团直接宣判Paine有罪
The jury decided Paine guilty.
John Frost一次酒后吐真言“平等,打倒国王”
John Frost, when drunk was heard to cry out "Equality and no King".
被控煽动罪,被判有罪
Tried for sedition. Found guilty.
Hamer先生,局势于我们不利
The game, Mr Hamer,is tilted against us.
但你仍然愿意为我辩护?
And yet still you would take up my cause?
是的
I would.
我觉得志同道和的人应该互相合作
I feel that when two souls are of common mind, they should work together.
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表