剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
-你抢劫了这位先生. -你做赏金捕快多久了?
-You robbed this gentleman.
-How long have you been a thief-taker?
呃,至少比你干法律时间长.
Well, clearly some time longer than you've been a counsellor.
判处死刑.
The sentence is death.
不,不!
No, no!
你在这里的位置是不能犯这种错误的.
You're not so mistaken about your errand here.
去你的,死三八.
Blast your eyes, you damned bitch.
Garrow先生!
Mr Garrow!
我的当事人是被诬告的,还被判什么缓刑.
My client has been wrongly indicted and that any sentence be respited.
Garrow先生拯救了一条无辜的生命.
Mr Garrow saved an innocent man's life.
因质量闻名于世,因价格声名狼藉。
Famous for quality, infamous for price.
当然,我听说过Van Butchell.
Of course I've heard of Van Butchell.
-每个五几尼. -每个?
-Five guineas each. -Each?
我很乐意付十几尼,二十几尼也行啊.
I'd gladly pay ten. 20, even.
我昨晚吃的胸肉.
I had brisket last night.
胸肉?
Brisket?
啊...我看到复仇女神正义的红晕又出现在Garrow苹果似的脸颊上了.
I see the rouged fury of righteousness upon Garrow's apple cheeks... again.
-这个案子...
-经过深刻的道德剖析,他发现没机会进行矫揉造作的演说
This brief...
After incisive moral dissection he finds no opportunity for foppish speechifying
或象个妓♥女♥似的操纵陪审团的感情啦.
or whore-ish manipulation of the jury's emotions
于是一定要很令人遗憾地推掉它了。
and must regretfully decline it.
-这不关你的事,先生。
-噢,偏巧还真与我有关,我担任控方律师。
-This does not concern you, sir.
-Oh, but it does. I'm prosecuting.
我知道这个案子不对味儿,在很多方面是令人厌恶的,但你也认为
I know it's not a case to relish, it's vile in many aspects, but you either believe
在法律面前任何人都应得到合法有力的辩护,难道不是么.
all who come to law deserve strong legal counsel or you don't.
这是赶车的规矩.你送达了第一个乘客,就不管车厢可能会多么的不牢靠了.
It's the cab rank principle.
You take the first to arrive, regardless of how rickety the carriage may be.
骑马要看路,当心掉坑里.
Watch out for the potholes while riding that one.
Southouse.
-你"朋友"是这件案子的控方. -是的.
-Your "friend" is for the prosecution.
-Yes.
我得和各方保持一个良好的关系.
I maintain good relations with all.
-那我接这个案子了. -为什么?
-I will take the brief. -Why?
是因为你同意了这条内在原则还是Silvester先生激怒了你?
Because you agree with the principle out lined or because Mr Silvester chafes at you?
这案子我接了。
I will take the brief.
一个绅士不能选择被砍头吗?
A gentleman cannot elect to be beheaded?
是的,先生.那项特权二十年前就终止了.
No, sir. That privilege ended 20 years ago.
而且也只是对贵族.
And it was for the aristocracy.
你还不够资格进行选择.
You are not lordly enough to have been given the choice.
推出去绞刑...
All that kicking around on a rope...
-太没尊严了.
-Cole先生,你雇我就是为了避免这一结果的.
-lacks dignity.
-Mr Cole, you've hired me to avoid the drop.
-好吧,告诉我发生了什么.
-她是个生疮,浑身长麻子的婊♥子♥!
-Pray, tell me what happened.
-She is an itchy, pock-ridden TROLLOP!
女妖粉碎了一切真♥相♥!
The harpy minces all truth!
当然,先生,当然.很明显你是个诚实的人
Of course, sir.Of course. Clearly you're a man of honour.
大家有目共睹.
That is apparent to all.
但是蒙你恩典对一个象我这样谦卑的小律师,
But for the benefit of a humble barrister such as myself,
告诉我,当那个荡♥妇♥站在法庭的时候,
tell me, when this trollop is in court,
你觉得她对你的行为会说些什么?
what think you she will say you have done?
Sarah女士
Lady Sarah.
Buller法官
Judge Buller.
我希望象你们这些优雅的女士们对今天早上的这个案子能回避一下.
I'm hoping you gracious ladies find much to divert you by this morning's cases.
一个特殊范围的...
An exceptional spread of...
不道德的,堕落腐化和愚蠢的行为?
Vice, depravity and stupidity?
而且邪恶... 我们会看到魔鬼的手,我肯定是那样.
And evil... We shall see the devil's hand, I'm sure of that.
您的声音里有种力度,Buller法官,一度让我们想到我们即将进入的是剧院.
There's vigour in your voice, Judge Buller, once could think we were about to enter the theatre.
法庭和剧院是包含了男人过激行为的两个地方.
Court and the theatre contain the extremes of man's behaviour.
那正是趣味所在,你不这样认为吗?
There is interest in that, would you not agree?
或者你如此经常地来法庭只是为了改革的目的?
Or do you come to court so regularly only for improving purposes?
我来看Mary Tollin的审判.
I come to see justice for Mary Tollin.
噢,对...那个仆人.
Ah yes...the servant.
一个很有勇气的起诉
A courageous prosecution.
非常勇敢
Very brave.
Southouse先生.
Mr Southouse.
-上庭战斗? -嗯.
-Armed for court? -Hm-mm.
Garrow先生.
Mr Garrow.
Forrester先生.还在往你口袋里装带血的钱?
Mr Forrester. Sill filling your pockets with blood money?
他是来揭发一起入户盗窃的.
He's prosecuting a burglary.
他们一定又是他的证人.
They must be his witnesses.
只有两个,没有更多了?
Only two, no more?
那就够他赢官司了吗?
Is that sufficient to win the case?
也许...刚好.
Probably... Just.
流氓们越不贿赂他,他就会挣越多带血的钱.
Fewer rogues to bribe, more blood money for him.
在做赏金捕快的那群人里,Forrester是出了名的贪婪.
Even amongst thief-takers, Forrester is notoriously greedy.
我会很乐意再次接到他的案子.
I'd love to take him on again.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
你好象哪儿有点不对劲?
Is there something different about your person?
开庭.
Court shall rise.
-Silvester先生... -Garrow先生.
-Mr Silvester... -Mr Garrow.
Edgar Cole被控如下:他于最近的八月十三日,
Edgar Cole was indicted for that he, on 13th August last,
以强制胁迫的方式对未婚女子Mary Tollin,
with force and arms upon Mary Tollin, spinster, did
进行了强♥暴♥,违反了她即上述Mary者的意愿,
make an assault, and her, the said Mary against her will,
犯下了强♥奸♥淫乐的重罪.
feloniously did ravish and carnally know.
你做何申辩?
How do you plead?
无罪.
Not guilty.
我传召Mary Tollin到庭
I call Mary Tollin.
你愿发誓你将说出真♥相♥
Do you swear that you shall present the truth,
全部真♥相♥,绝无谎言,以鉴良心吗?
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我愿意.
I do.
我离开Ealing习艺所去Cranford桥做佣人.
I came out of Ealing Workhouse and went to Cranford Bridge as a servant.
给谁家?
Who for?
Edgar Cole
Edgar Cole.
你在那儿多长时间?
How long were you there?
一周零三天.
A week and three days.
我是星期五晚上到那里的.
I went there on the Friday night.
第二周的星期四,Cole开始和我在一起
The next Thursday, Cole began to serve me
我则是在星期天逃离的.
and I ran away on the Sunday.
在那个星期四发生了什么?
What happened on that Thursday?
我站在门边
I was stood by the door.
我相信当时大概是在白天的十一点到十二点之间
I believe it was between 11 and 12 in the daytime
然后Edgar Cole
and Edgar Cole...
把我拖到楼上.
took and dragged me upstairs.
他把我扔在床上
He threw me down on the bed...
然后侵犯了我的身体
and he entered my body...
...他严重地伤害了我.
..and he hurt me very much indeed.
我想高声喊叫但是他用手捂着我的嘴.
I tried to halloo out,but he clapped his hands before my mouth.
他说我要是敢弄出一点乱子他就割断我的喉咙.
He told me if I made any disturbance he would cut my throat.
他干完之后,
After he had done,
说他想要加糖的茶.
he said he wanted tea and sugar.
他所做的是违背你意愿的?
Was this done against your inclination?
是的,它违背了我的意愿.
Yes, it was against my will.
法官大人...
My lord...
Garrow先生?
Mr Garrow?
你有问题要盘问证人吗?
Do you have any questions for the witness?
小姑娘,
My little girl,
在Cole先生之前你被别的男人强♥奸♥过吗?
has it ever happened to you to be ravished by any man other than Mr Cole?
没有,先生.我从来没跟任何男人发生过关系除了他.
No, sir. I never was laid with by anybody but him.
你有隐疾?
You have the foul disease?
-是的. 你从哪儿染上的?
-Yes. And who did you get it from?
Cole
Cole.
能传染给你的再没有其他人了吗?
Is there nobody else who could have given it to you?,
没有,先生.
No, sir.
Cole在星期四与你上了床,然而直到星期天你才逃出来.
Cole lay with you on the Thursday, yet it was not until the Sunday that you ran away.
为什么这么长时间?
Why so long?
在星期六晚上,另一个仆人,一个讨厌的家伙提出要跟我上♥床♥.
On the Saturday night, another servant, a lousy boy, was put to bed with me.
他在星期天因为醉酒吵架被Cole先生撵走了.
He was sent away by Mr Cole in a drunken argument on Sunday.
我才找了个机会逃出来.
I took my chance to get away then.
这个男孩的名字叫什么?
And what was this boy's name?
-William. -William?
William Johnson 是他的名字.
William Johnson is his name.
现在,你回忆一下,
Now, recollect yourself,
记住,在这个法庭里的人没谁敢因为你说真话而再伤害你了.
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表