前情提要
那孩子不是我女儿
That child is not my daughter!
她不是我的骨肉 我不会让她继承
She's not kin to me and she will not inherit.
在此地心碎
The heartbreak of this place?
像世上再无此处般地爱它恨它
Love it and hate it like no place else on Earth.
明日 我将永远抛下它
Tomorrow, I leave it forever.
你认识一个叫莫里斯·费尔布拉泽的中年人吗
Do you know a not so young man called Maurice Fairbrother?
你认为这个费尔布拉泽是都柏林城♥堡♥特工
And you think this Fairbrother's a Dublin Castle agent? A spy?
我不知道此人是谁 比利 但他有意找你
I don't know what he is, Billy, but he intends to call on you.
一吐你心中的不快吧
Say what it is that has you moody.
上次你来坐在我床边时
The last time you came in and sat on my bed,
你吻了我 却不是以父亲般慈爱的方式
kissed me, not fatherly.
天啊
Oh, God!
我是布拉卡的利亚姆·沃德
I'm Liam Ward of Brackagh.
遇到麻烦了吗 利亚姆
You have a problem, Liam?
自从第一次在院子中见到你
You know, since that first time in the yard,
我的心和思绪几乎没有离开过你
you've seldom been far from my mind and heart.
你之前做过 利亚姆
You've done this before, Liam?
-问题吗 -陈述
- A question? - A statement.
我十二岁那年 有一晚他喝多了
One night, when I was 12, he got very drunk,
打开了枪室中的大保险箱 给我看他的金子
opened the big safe in the gun room and showed me his gold.
何不取我们所需
Why not take what we need?
我没法杀人
I couldn't kill anyone.
我也不希望你这样做
Nor would I want you to.
用溴化物
There are bromides.
麻醉剂能让紧张的马平静下来
Opiates that will pacify a nervous horse.
他下次喝多会是何时
When will he next have drink taken?
七月十日 我生日
July 10th, my birthday.
可以肯定
One thing is certain sure -
上帝不会喜欢今晚的安排
God will not smile on what is planned for tonight.
就是这位绅士了吗
Is this the gentleman?
这位是阿尔伯特
That's Albert.
真是位结实的猪绅士
And a very stout gentleman he is.
阿尔伯特
Albert?
来 阿尔伯特
Come on, Albert.
-来 -来 阿尔伯特
- Come on. - Come on, Albert.
给我拿一桶热水好吗 莫茜
Fetch us a scald of water, Mercy, will you?
可怜的阿尔伯特
Poor Albert.
布林奇·布莱辛到了
Blinky Blessing's here.
你有时会好奇 是否该杀生
You'd wonder sometimes about killing creatures at all.
不足为奇
Small wonder.
我们似乎挺擅长杀生
We seem good at it.
老天 就帮到这里吗
Jesus, is all the help going?
至少帮我把水倒了吧
Tip the scald for me at least.
怎么样 莫茜
How about it, Mercy? Huh?
布莱辛 你从我这里只能得到一记耳光
All you'll get from me, Blessing, is a thick ear
或是满脸挠痕
or a scrabbed face!
让我出去
Let me out.
怎么 在数你的小「珠子」 念祷告吗
What, are you counting your wee beads? Saying your rosary?
天 博伊尔
Jesus, Boyle!
你把我裤子毁了 你这贱婊♥子♥
You've me pants destroyed! No, but you're the sudden wee bunt!
我就是
Huff I am!
这样也比你那臭哄哄的玩意儿顺眼多了
It's a sight sweeter than your smelly danglers!
那家伙就是条恶狗
He's a bad dog, that fella.
布莱辛 他确实很奇怪
Blessing? He's strange, certainly.
是恶
Bad.
我爸说恶狗都应该给杀了
My father says that bad dogs should be put down.
「你有时会好奇 是否该杀生」
"You'd wonder sometimes about killing creatures at all"?
我们应该收拾下出发了 小姐
We should shape to go, Miss.
死亡与夜莺 第二集
死亡与夜莺 第二集
好了 我们看看
Right, let's see.
老板 有位先生找您
Boss! A gentleman for you here.
我是莫里斯·费尔布拉泽 有空聊一下吗
Maurice Fairbrother. Are you free to talk a little?
你想采购还是卖♥♥出 费尔布拉泽先生
Are you buying or selling, Mr Fairbrother?
是问询
Inquiring.
那你最好跟我来
Then you'd better come with me.
我不想浪费你的时间 温特斯先生
I'll not waste your time, Mr Winters.
我来此拜访跟爱尔兰裔美国人密谋
My brief here has to do with Irish-American plots
炸掉英格兰有关
to bomb England.
如你所见 单1月24日周六这一天
As you see, on Saturday, the 24th of January alone,
就有三枚炸♥弹♥在伦敦爆♥炸♥
three bombs exploded in London.
一枚在下议院 一枚在西敏寺大厅
One in the House of Commons, in Westminster Hall
还有一枚在伦敦塔的宴会厅
and in the banqueting room of the Tower of London.
这跟我有什么关系
What has that got to do with me?
密谋者是爱尔兰裔美国人 温特斯先生
The plots are Irish-American, Mr Winters,
但炸♥弹♥是从离家更近的地方偷来的
the dynamite stolen from closer to home.
嫌疑人是你的邻居兼房♥客
The man we suspect is both a neighbour and a tenant of yours -
利亚姆·沃德
Liam Ward.
你肯定认识这人吧 先生
Surely you know the man, sir?
我是认识他
I know him.
几个小时前他还在这个房♥间
He was in this room a few hours ago.
他是芬尼亚党成员吗
Is he one of them? A Fenian?
他在波士顿和纽约被归为盖尔家族
He's listed Clan na Gael and Republican Brotherhoods
和爱尔兰共和党兄弟会成员
in Boston and New York.
天啊
Dear God!
我们在利物浦逮捕了沃德的一个熟人
We arrested a known associate of Ward's in Liverpool.
搜查他的房♥间的时候 发现床下有个箱子
When we searched his room, we found a case beneath the bed.
里面装着六十磅炸♥药♥
It contained 60 pounds of dynamite,
有些炸♥药♥上标着你的采石场的名字
some of the dynamite sticks marked with the name of your quarry.
那你们为什么还不逮捕沃德
So why haven't you arrested Ward?
这不劳你费心 温特斯先生
That's none of your concern, Mr Winters.
我们需要你提供信息
What we need from you is information.
那我帮不上忙 我什么都不知道
Well, I can't help you, I know nothing.
但你愿意配合吗
But you will if you can?
我怎么配合 我什么都不知道
But how? If I know nothing?
这里的英国政♥府♥靠的就是这三样
The British Administration here relies on three things,
温特斯先生 军队
Mr Winters - the Army,
爱尔兰皇家警♥察♥队 还有地主
the Royal Irish Constabulary and landlords.
不行 先生 你不能坐视不理
No, sir, you can't shrug it off.
我们现在说的可不是一后巷割喉这种小案子
We're not talking about back-street cut-throats.
我们说的是领导众多暴徒的恶人
We're talking about the evil that guides them
领导着都柏林
- the cells in Dublin,
波士顿 纽约 巴黎还有天知道哪儿的囚犯
Boston, New York, Paris and God knows where else.
我们说的是仇恨对抗忠诚
We're talking about hatred versus loyalty.
芬尼亚运动所追求的
What the Fenian Dynamite Campaign aspires to,
它公开宣称要达到的目标
what it declares openly it has sworn to obtain,
不仅仅是退出英联邦
is not merely the repeal of the Union
还要建立完全独♥立♥的爱尔兰共和国
but the establishment of a perfectly independent Irish Republic.
你看 我有个采石场 做切割石料生意
As you can see, I have a quarry here, a stone-cutting business.
我养的牛产奶
And my cows milk,
我养的鸡下蛋 我养的猪长膘
my hens lay, my pigs fatten...
我种的菜丰收
..my garden yields
我的果园里水渠纵横交错 果树上结满绿苹果
and I have orchards full of bramleys and ditches,
结满李子 我的土地上长满草
full of damsons, and bogs full of turf.
一下雨 草就长 出太阳 就晒干草
And when it rains, the grass grows, and when it shines, we make hay.
我只相信这些 费尔布拉泽先生
I believe in that, Mr Fairbrother,
其他的我都不信
and very little else.
我也不喜欢告密者
Nor am I overfond of informers.
门在那边 好走不送
Now, there's the door. I think you should use it.
这是什么
What's this?
这是你已故的妻子凯瑟琳十四年前
It's a copy of a complaint lodged by your late wife, Catherine,
在恩尼斯基林♥军♥营提出的指控的复印件
at Enniskillen barracks 14 years ago.
你肯定知道是因为什么
You must know what it's about.
上面写 你醉后打她 大冬天把她关在门外
It says you punched her drunkenly and locked her out in midwinter.
警方报告用的是"伤害"这个词
Police reports tend to use words like molest.
我查过了
I looked it up.
意思是加害于某人
It means interfere harmfully,
使人极度痛苦
to cause acute distress,
虐待 残酷对待 贬低
to abuse, to brutalise, to debase.
你雇了工头
You have a foreman down there.
他会不会