而你是房♥客 这在比利的眼中
and you being a tenant, that in Billy's book
意味着拖欠租金的骗子
means a gale-day liar,
意味着欠债鬼 愚蠢的莽夫 卑鄙小人
a debtor, a witless spade-man, a stable brat,
最最低贱的没有土地的爱尔兰人
the lowest of the low, a landless Paddy,
一名不文之人
a less than nothing nobody.
他不能惩罚你 只能向我举起了鞭子
And you being unavailable for punishment, he took the whip to me.
这在全世界都很常见
It's common enough the world over.
肯定有成千上万的人像我一样因为各种原因
Must be millions like me, whipped half-blind by blind-drunk men,
或者毫无缘由地被烂醉之人
for this, that and the other.
鞭打到瞎一只眼
Or nothing.
看来他没伤到你的巧舌
He didn't spike the run of your tongue.
是的
No.
但我听说你是个才子
But you're a wit of sorts, I'm told.
谁说的
Who says that?
莫茜·博伊尔说你是个风趣的人
Mercy Boyle tells me you're a witty man.
她说你「妙语连珠」
Full of "Spakes", she says.
莫茜说的吗
Mercy, is it?
她很肯定地说你每晚睡前都用宝宝的水瓶
She swears it's the goat's milk you take to bed every night
喝羊奶
in a baby's bottle.
那她是个骗子
Well, she's a liar, then.
我也不相信
I couldn't believe it either.
我说弗兰克不会这样
Not Frank, I said.
我说弗兰克很有男子气概
Frank's too manly, I said.
弗兰克是屠夫
Frank's a butcher.
我不管什么时候只喝这个
This is the only bottle I bother with night or day.
祝你好运 温特斯小姐
Good luck to you, Miss Winters.
愿你拥有所有的好运
You'll need all the luck that's going.
愿上帝和圣母与你同在 弗兰克·布莱辛
May God go with you, Frank Blessing, and his blessed mother,
愿所有的天使和圣徒都保护你
and may all the angels and saints guard and defend you.
我的外婆
My grandmother,
我妈妈的妈妈
my mother's mother,
她家里有一个壁炉
had an open hearth in her house.
整天整夜炭火不停燃烧
A turf fire that burned day and night.
传说它一百年都没灭过
The boast was it never went out for 100 years.
她在饥荒年代是做寿衣的
A shroud-maker, she was, during the famine.
那个时候真可怕
Terrible times.
那时人们食不果腹 极度贪婪
It's left us all half-hungry and mad greedy,
传言是这么说的
or that's what they say.
要没有那些裹尸布 我今天也不会在这儿
Only for those shrouds, I wouldn't be here now
想着你要怎么杀死比利·温特斯
wondering how you're going to kill Billy Winters.
你能别一直念叨杀人的事吗
Would you quit talk of killing?
我不会杀他的
There'll be no killing.
是吗
No?
是的
No.
你说得对
You're right.
我们在度蜜月 利亚姆
This is our honeymoon, Liam.
这是我们的爱巢
This is our love-cabin
你朋友走了 现在只剩我们了
and we're alone now your friend is gone.
他不是什么朋友
He's no friend.
但你和他共事
But you work with him.
他在采石场对你有功 帮你趁机捞了一把
He helped you in the quarry, he helps you make hay.
他是你的朋友 利亚姆
He is your friend, Liam.
他只是个邻居 我花钱雇他做事的
He's a neighbour. I pay him.
但也算某种意义上的朋友吧 不是吗
But a friend of sorts, is he not?
他的身份不重要
It doesn't matter what he is.
但事实并非如此
Oh, but it does.
如果他是你的兄弟 你的确爱莫能助
If he was your brother, you couldn't help that,
这不能算是你的错
not your fault.
但朋友是你自己选择的 他们很重要
But friends you pick and they do matter.
但你说的也有道理
But, in a way, you're right.
我们马上就要出海了 还是说你有别的打算
We'll be on the high seas soon or have you other plans now?
我思来想去
I've been thinking and thinking
觉得这地方真可以做一个漂亮的花♥园♥
and this place could be a happy garden,
但需要有女人来打理
but it needs a woman's hand...
园子里种上野迷迭香 百里香和野蒜
There's wild rosemary and thyme and wild garlic
拿来做果酱和酿酒的越桔长个不停
and then there's no end of bilberries for jelly and wine.
我们可以种土豆 你也可以种上一垄大麦
We could grow potatoes, you could put in a stripe of barley.
这里将是天堂一般的美好
This place could be a kind of paradise.
我们为什么要逃离天堂呢
Why would we run from paradise?
如果你向比利·温特斯交了租钱
If you pay rent to Billy Winters,
我们就可以住在这儿
we could stay here.
我们就能成为世界上最幸福的人了
We could be the happiest people in the whole world.
你又在胡言乱语了
Sure you're raving.
你说什么 我没听清
I didn't hear that.
你在说胡话
You're raving.
真是抱歉
I'm sorry.
抱歉 亲爱的 都是他让我晕头转向
I'm sorry, my love, he knocked my wits sideways.
我会尽量少说两句 但我必须要说
I'll try to talk less but talk I must.
都说真爱不是一路坦途
True love, they say, never runs smooth
但你要坚信爱情能克服所有艰难险阻
but you must believe that love conquers all in the end.
你还是不知所云
You're still raving.
那我乖乖闭嘴听你说
Then I'll stay quiet and listen.
告诉我
Tell me...
我们接下来怎么办
what are we to do?
你不能待在这儿
You can't stay here.
为什么
Why?
因为
Because.
那就告诉我你的打算 亲爱的
Then tell me what you plan, love.
你有什么主意
What's in your mind?
-你得离开这儿 -我能去哪儿
- You'll have to go. - Where can I go?
告诉我能去哪儿 我现在无处可去
Tell me where I can go. I have nowhere to go.
-你总有几个朋友吧 -但我想和你在一起
- You must have friends. - But I want to stay with you.
为了你和爱 我去偷东西
For you, for love, I stole.
而你没有冒任何风险
You've... You've took no risk.
没人打你或是赶你出家门
You've not been beaten or driven out.
你什么损失都没有
You've lost nothing,
如果碧迪·欧戈尔曼那种年轻姑娘能掐死婴儿
and if young girls like Biddy O'Goarman can strangle infants,
你当然可以为我 为爱和金钱
surely you can dispatch a hateful, brutal man for me,
杀掉一个可恶又残忍♥的人
for love and for gold?
你跟我说过某种程度上 你爱比利·温特斯
You told me you loved Billy Winters in a way.
已经不爱了 现在我心里充满了杀气
No longer, now I have murder in my heart.
这样太愚蠢了 我会被抓住然后吊死的
It's stupid. I'd be caught and hung.
你说过 杀人很容易
Killing is easy, you said.
-那我该去哪呢 -除了这里 哪都行
- Then where must I go? - Elsewhere.
你不要再说话 你让我头疼
You'll have to stop talking, you're making my head light.
无论我去哪 你去哪 我们都得选个名字
No matter where I am or where you are, we'll have to pick a name.
三月左右孩子就会出生了 亲爱的
It's going to be in March, love, or thereabouts.
如果是男孩的话 就叫法兰吧
Faolan, perhaps, if it's a boy.
你会期望法兰·沃德出人头地的 他当然会
You'd expect Faolan Ward to be somebody and, of course,
因为他是你儿子 利亚姆和我的儿子
he would be because he'd be your son, Liam, and mine.
如果是女孩就叫科里
Corrie if it's a girl.
科里家是马奎尔宗族的分支
The Corrys are a branch of the Maguire clan
弗马纳的一个好名字
a good Fermanagh name.
科里·沃德
Corrie Ward.
听起来很聪明的感觉
She sounds clever.
会让人感觉她会表现出色
You feel she could give a good account of herself.
好好过她的人生
Manage her life.
你不该瞒到现在才告诉我
You shouldn't've kept that from me till now.
有合适的时候吗
What better day?
我们一起开始新生活的第一天
The first day of our new life together.
你在哭吗 亲爱的
Crying, love?
真心地在哭吗
Really and truly crying, are you?
我完全不知道你是这样的
I had no notion you were that way.
大自然是残酷的
Nature's a terrible tinker.
你无权瞒着我
You had no right to keep that from me.
我知道我可以去哪里
I know where I can go.
科维岛
Corvey Island.
你会饿死在那里的
You'll starve there.
只是几天而已
It'll only be for a few days.
最多一周 等你搞定这里的事为止
A week at most, until you're finished here.